3.60 star(s) 17 Votes

Proutor

Sep 25, 2018
Working on the quest wich give the MC a body, kind tricky because new gameplay mechanic to code.
Now i'm curious about the new mechanic.

Si j'utilise l'argument de la francophonie solidaire ça passe pour avoir des infos en plus? :unsure:

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I picked up this game after a long while to see how it had progressed. It's still got a number of coding issues (French pops up at inopportune times during the English version). But, it shows some nice development in the quests and stories.

Two exceptions keep coming up in my godelin caravan raids and I'm frustrated by not knowing what I've "won" by taking the caravans. The first error comes after the victory:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The second one comes in what I previously remembered as the "treasure report":

I used to get some very useful stuff from the caravan raids and now I only appear to get money. That's disappointing, but perhaps that's what the game does now. I am unsure. In reading back along this thread, I don't see anything suggesting that.

Also, I miss the "health bars" during the fights. They were very useful in figuring out who to "pick off" from the attacking hoardes in battles to thin their ranks.

Overall, there are still a few too many of these errors (language, spelling, game play) for me to become a full patron, but I'll put this back on my "keep an eye on" list to see what improvements are made. I wonder if there hasn't been too much concentration on adding new content versus making the existing content clean and seamless.

As before, though, I think the humor is top notch and really is the reason this game keeps attracting me. My congratulations and keep it up!

DarkMirrodin

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also, I miss the "health bars" during the fights. They were very useful in figuring out who to "pick off" from the attacking hoardes in battles to thin their ranks.
You need to read the "strategicum" 2 books for this in the Vlad shop (stairs)

Here is some news about the next (public):

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'm afraid my game appears frozen. To wit:

I cannot proceed past Drink with Yehran #1
I cannot proceed with further training with Vlad and Camilla
I can no longer raid caravans (assigning any godelins sends me to main menu)
I can't advance Ezmella (obviously, if I can't advance Yehran)
All of these suggest I can't get new materials from Vlad (these must be new since I last played the game)
I'm brimming with rubies and potions, but that's about all I can do at this point.

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
I'm afraid my game appears frozen. To wit:

I can't advance Ezmella (obviously, if I can't advance Yehran)
All of these suggest I can't get new materials from Vlad (these must be new since I last played the game)
I'm brimming with rubies and potions, but that's about all I can do at this point.
Is it a old save ?

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Started over from scratch. Did use the "skip intro" selection, though.

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
Did you followed the 1st class with Yerhan (quest : Steel and glory) ?

To my knowledge, there is currently only 2 scene with Vlad and Camilla

Can you assign it by having the game in French (I don't know if it's the cause but I've already get crash because of the translations, so maybe it's connect)

The "skip intro" button just passes the story of your character and has no influence with the game (to my knowledge)

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I did indeed take my training with Yehran. I am now fully trained. I can't seem to buy that bottle of high quality booze.

When I had played this game before, there were more scenese with Vlad/Yehran which included Camilla and Ezmella. I can't remember the order, but I assume this occurs later in my drinking attempts.

I haven't tried the French version because, y'know, I can't read French. C'est la vie.

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
In my opinion, there is 2 possible cause to your problem:
- Either you did not take the bottle of wine "Cote de Sierra - 698" in the tower
- Either you took it but you drank it / throw it away

Here's what you can try:
- Enable the console (if it is not already)
- Open the console (Shift + O)
- And write "bouteille_s698.nb = 1", without quotation marks

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but in theory with this command, you are supposed to have a bottle in your inventory (I don't know if there is another way to have it for now)

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Hmm. Then it would appear that there is an error with the "Skip the intro" selection, since that moves you past all the tower activities. I guess it does not add the bottle of wine to your inventory.

As a test, I will try a new game with the skip function and double check the inventory. Perhaps I sold it or (as you suggest) drank it without realizing.

Update: My bad. It is the "go directly to town" that puts you in town, but does not give you anything in inventory.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Okay, further updates:

1) It's the go directly to town that sends you to town with your 500g but nothing else that you would find playing the tower and visiting the camp.
2) The "bouteille_s698.nb = 1 didn't add anything to my inventory
3) I was able to trigger Vlad to get the strategicum books, so I'll likely find out what that changes in my next fight somewhere ( I currently own the woods, so I guess I need to let one of those areas fail)
4) I still can't assign any godelin to caravan raids. I get the following error and "ignore" takes me to the main menu

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
ok, i found a command to get the bottle :
inventaire_joueur.objets = [bouteille_s698]

For the caravan, sorry I can't help you
You'll have to wait for Mirrodin to go through here

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I do appreciate the efforts. That command line didn't put a bottle in my inventory. I assume we're still missing some other piece.

As for the rest, yup, I'll just wait for the Dark one to wander in again.

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
it's weird that the command does not work, I just tried again and for me it works
did you write "objets" or "objects"? Because the variable is in french so it's "objets"

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Duh. You nailed it.

Of course, everything was in French, so I had no idea what was going on, but the drinking continued. Thanks much for your timely assistance!

DarkMirrodin

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah thanks a lot for the help L34ND43.
As I said in the public news, there is a lot of work on the code, maybe something wrong happened with the caravans in english.
I have to look at this
And for the tips : there is few chance to have the famous 698 vine in raiding caravans.
I want to continue until the MC have a body and after, stabilise the game.
Thanks for your feedback

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Yes, that is what I remember from raiding caravans, but obviously, the function seems flawed right now. Even when I was still able to raid the caravans, it had those errors I posted previously and I received no "booty", only the exact same amount of cash each time.

I do believe the game has progressed and that you are implementing improvements to its game play. This encourages me to support you if you can come out with a more stable English release. Sorry, but that's my language, so it really doesn't help me if the French is working.

You continued dedication to the game is much respected, though. Keep up the good work!

Jam82

Oct 19, 2018
ok, i found a command to get the bottle :
inventaire_joueur.objets = [bouteille_s698]

For the caravan, sorry I can't help you
You'll have to wait for Mirrodin to go through here

Can't make it work - my inventory cleares totaly, and no bottle - what am I doing wrong??

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes