Ren'Py The Pleasuremancer [v0.3.44a Free] [Mirrodin]

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes

Wangmu

Aug 11, 2018
Its got the bones of a decent game but the problem is the amount of grind is insane. Grinds a normally a tool in multiplayer games to content block people and to create a market because people dont want to farm. In these types of games hitting 1 action like work at the bar, then hit sleep, then work at the bar, then sleep over and over to get stats to max is tedious and totally breaks up the flow of the game. The fact that jars seem to break for no reason just adds more time padding, its also not totally clear when your supposed to try and harvest, it would make more sense to simply streamline that mini game into harvest-able vs non, the jars dont shatter so its deterministic just gated by time and mana.

I think its a huge turn off both as an erotic game, and as a player playing any kind of video game to feel like your time is being wasted for no obvious reason. It destroys the pacing, and i gotta say starting it up late at night and then looking at the clock and saying wow I really didnt do much for the last hour~hour and a half is not a very fun experience. I think with some tweaks it actually has a pretty good natural and logical flow between all of the events, but man the grind man undoes so much otherwise well done work.

I hope it improves because its got the core of some cool stuff with very well put together art.

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
As for the walkthough, great work, but I do have a couple of suggestions. First, you might want to include a earning gold or an earning mana section, detailing the best ways to do it, when you can do it, and when you can start doing it
For the next version (0.3.12) I've already add 3 new chapters (How to earn money, The Magii-garden and The Caravans)
For mana, I talk about it in the new chapter "The magii-garden", but I'm going to create a chapter specifically for mana.
if you have any other suggestion, don't hesitate to share them

Krusch

Apr 15, 2018
Game is too grindy
Once you used items that you can't use for advancing the story
You bound to restart the game or load the save file where you didn't f*cked up

Please add a section where you can use special items and normal items

Reactions: {0__0} and Amedeeaa
Aug 15, 2017
For the next version (0.3.12) I've already add 3 new chapters (How to earn money, The Magii-garden and The Caravans)
For mana, I talk about it in the new chapter "The magii-garden", but I'm going to create a chapter specifically for mana.
if you have any other suggestion, don't hesitate to share them
I would put a note suggesting not to use or sell the Wine - Cote de Sierra - 698 that you get during the prologue, like the warning you gave about the Potion of Gaia. Without it, you can't start Drink with Yerhen (1/4). You also need to complete the Drink with Yerhen events before you can take Ezmella into your confidence therefore mistakenly using it can lock you out of two things. While I'm on the topic, you may also want to add the requirments for Ezmella's and Autumn's confidence. As mentioned, Ezmella's is completing Drink with Yerhen. Autumn is giving her the 8 large rubies.

Thanks a lot for your time, we will try to carry out all your suggestions.
Concerning the body, did you "use" it ? in the inventory panel ? it launch the next scene normaly.
The only options the body had were "read," which had the MC say he already had a body, and "throw." I do not remember seeing a "use" button. I became a patron, downloaded the latest version and am currently playing through that. Unfortunately, I've already saved over my old saves, so I can't send it to you to see what might have gone wrong. I do have some notes. When you take Autumn into your confidence and tell her to call you "Azael" she still calls you "Ereban." The first time I played, I got the "the shaman woke me up three days ago...," the pet the pussy cat, and the use the pussy cat for warmth once each, along with the "stick thumb up cat's ass." While I only got the last one once this time, the first two seem to be on a continual loop, and I've gotten the third one a few times. While having random sleeping events isn't bad, having the "the shaman woke me up three days ago" one doesn't really make sense after the first time.

I do like that there are different wines in the game, some better than others. That's very charming, but there may be too many. The first time I played, I got the four 707's fairly quickly. This time, I've got two, but I'm waiting on more to get my body. Also, as I mentioned above, if it isn't already, you might want to add the 698 to the random loot pool. It might already be, but I've never seen it. If it isn't, you might want to add it since it can both be missed during the prologue and certain events rely on it. Also, when you are having the dreams about Ishaahry, I keep seeing "he/him" when I'm pretty sure it should be "she/her." Just something you might want to pass on to your translator. Thanks again for the game.

I did realize one mistake about my last post, though. Items stack fine. You get Intelligence Potions during the prologue and Minor Intelligence Potions later in the game. Since they're different items, it makes sense that they don't stack.

Reactions: Jarul

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions :)

put a note suggesting not to use or sell the Wine - Cote de Sierra - 698
It's a good idea I'll add it

add the requirments for Ezmella's and Autumn's confidence
I wanted to add it, but to be honest I was lazy looking for what to do, but thanks to you I know, thank you

I got the four 707's fairly quickly. This time, I've got two, but I'm waiting on more to get my body
I don't know if you already know it but for this bottle, you can only have it with the caravan "Minor noble with entourage " who has this coat of arms
bls_vanor_grd.png
You have 60% chance to get 1 or 2 Wine - Cote de Sierra - 707 (two time)

you might want to add the 698 to the random loot pool. It might already be, but I've never seen it
in this version, and in the 0.3.12a unfortunately we can only have it in the intro. Mirrodin is already aware and will add a chance to have it in a convoy (in version 0.3.12b or 0.3.13 I don't know). For now if you've already used it, you have to write this command in the console : inventaire_joueur.trouver_objet(bouteille_s698,1)

I keep seeing "he/him" when I'm pretty sure it should be "she/her."
in the version 0.3.12a, after having quickly look in the code, I have the impression that this has already been corrected (to be confirm)

Aug 15, 2017
I wanted to add it, but to be honest I was lazy looking for what to do, but thanks to you I know, thank you
You're welcome. Since I'm providing information for the walkthrough, I might as well be thorough. With Ezmella, when you select "Let her in on the secret," you get two options: "I do not care about the villiage" and "I'll take over slowly and peacfully." If you select the former, you get Ezmella -2 while there is no change with the latter. With Autumn, you can tell her your name is "Azael" or "Ereban." There are no immediate reputation changes for either choice. I have not done any code diving, so I cannot say what impact these choices may have otherwise.
I don't know if you already know it but for this bottle, you can only have it with the caravan "Minor noble with entourage " who has this coat of arms
View attachment 240355
You have 60% chance to get 1 or 2 Wine - Cote de Sierra - 707 (two time)
Thank you. After my last post, I started getting them. That's just how random generation goes sometimes. I wasn't getting any of the "Minor noble with entourage." The gods of RNG be fickle sometimes.
in this version, and in the 0.3.12a unfortunately we can only have it in the intro. Mirrodin is already aware and will add a chance to have it in a convoy (in version 0.3.12b or 0.3.13 I don't know). For now if you've already used it, you have to write this command in the console : inventaire_joueur.trouver_objet(bouteille_s698,1)
Thank you, but I had already loaded an earlier save and taken care of that before posting. I just wanted to share my experience so others wouldn't make the same mistake.
in the version 0.3.12a, after having quickly look in the code, I have the impression that this has already been corrected (to be confirm)
I'm playing version 0.3.12a, and I'll list a few examples:

"In forty minutes of fight, Denerylle, defeated and humiliated is brought before Ishaahry to give him allegiance."
him = Ishaahry so it should be her
"One-third of the troops that Ishaahry had placed under his command are collapsing and this one is screaming for frustration."
his = Denerylle so it should be her
"While Ishaahry's attention is focused on the placement of the troops, Rin-taar appears, killing his close guard."
his = Ishaahry so it should be her
"After about 10 days, Ishaahry possessed more vampires under his control than Farah."
his = Ishaahry so it should be her

It may be correct in the code, but it isn't in the English translation.

Okay, before moving on to new bugs, I'll go back to old ones. As I mentioned, the first time I played, it was version 0.3.11b. The second time I played, it was 0.3.12a. As fortune would have it, while I saved over my original saves during the second playthrough, they still existed in the local save folder in the directory of the earlier version. I have attached save 2-5-LT1 which is the one where I can't "use" the body. I've also included a screenshot:
Screenshot 4.jpg
The new bugs again involve the Runicuve. This time, the recipes for arms and the penis are corrupted.
Screenshot 1.jpg Screenshot 2.jpg
I've included save 3-4-LT1 with that issue. Since the recipes are corrupted, I can't make those body parts and can't produce a body. In these games, I haven't used any cheats or console commands. I did use rollback occasionally, usually while gambling with Ezmella, and a lot of save scumming, particularly when harvesting from the magii-serre, but I don't see how that would have caused these issues. Also, when I was doing the King of the Forest quest, I tried to hire Autumn as the walkthrough said, but there was no option to hire her. I just got the "you've done nothing to prove yourself" conversation.

In addition, there are probably a few things that could be done graphically to help polish the game. In the second screenshot, in addition to the red box I've put around the corrupt recipe, I put one around the date and the money. Once money gets into the tens of thousands, it starts not fitting in the field so well. Perhaps the field can be enlarged or the font size for the money can be decreased. Similarly with the date, once you get into months with longer names, such as August, September, etc, it starts overlapping with the day-part display. Perhaps you could use a smaller font or justify it to the left of the field.
Screenshot 3.jpg Screenshot 5.jpg
Same thing with the raiding menu. The numbers easily get outside the fields. With selecting seeds in the magii-serre, when you have three different seeds, the third one is almost off the screen and you can't see how many you have. The placement of the seeds should maybe be altered, which I indicated with red arrows.

Since I'm being nitpicky, the translation needs more polish as well. It's fairly understandable, but there are times I don't understand what is meant. I recall Denerylle being called Dénylle once. Ishaahry's referred to as the Succub queen once. Vrimon the intriguing doesn't really work. I think you mean "intriguing" as one who engages in intrigue, but, in English, intriguing indicates one who intrigues or fascinates the observer. Better epithets would be the cunning, the sly, the serpent, the viper, the deceitful, the wise, the crafty, the wicked, the treacherous, the terrible, the prudent, the mad, the grim, or the demon. Given the context, my vote would be for the treacherous.

It may seem like I'm being overly critical, but it is only because I did, overall, enjoy the game. If I didn't care, I wouldn't waste any time saying anything. Thank you again for making it. That being said, I think I'm done with it. While I am fairly patient, and I didn't seem to mind the grind as much as some posters here, it is way too grindy to try a third time. The first time was painful. The second time, while not as bad due to what I learned the first time, was still tedious. Each time, I ran into a different bug that prevented me from getting a body. So, good luck in the future, but I think I'm done.

A few last notes, though. Given that, if you decide to keep Ishaahry, she is captured and later escapes from the Eternal Dawn, it is odd that Feeva doesn't mention her while discussing her mission. Also, once you build the tower and have an actual residence, you should probably stop getting the sleeping under the stars events. Finally, Camilla has so many events, they go off the bottom the screen. Perhaps there should be a way to scroll down them. When you have Camilla dance for you with her top on, it still says that you happily pay her the 80 gold, even though the correct amount of 55 gold is deducted from you purse.

D

Deleted member 1179172

anyone can share saves with the phisical form aquired ?

Ahjgfg

Apr 19, 2018
Help "The magii-garden" how am i suppose to make Autumns 8 Ruby's
I read everything I'm not skipping I know I am missing something can any one point the way

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Click on an empty spot and then click on "Jar", then click on the jar to place a jar there.
Now click on "seed" and then click on ruby fragments to place a ruby fragment there.
On the left, fill up the meter with mana.
Check daily for cracks or other damage.

Reactions: Ahjgfg and L34ND43

f95zoneguy

Jan 14, 2018
it's been about 6 or 7 months since i last played, going to see what's been added. the last post i see regarding a new version is over 2 months old, but the op updated his thread within the last 2 weeks. hopefully that's most recent

well the only suggestion i can make is preventing overwriting save files so easily... three times now i've essentially destroyed my save file by saving accidentally, instead of re-loading) before i lose a fight. it also took me a while to figure out "A" on the top of the save screen is for autosaves.

asemalpha

Oct 22, 2018
My problem is now that after I get the 2 books from Vlad ( organic alpha and share of genius ) I fail to read them I do not know what did I did wrong and I went through the whole walkthrough.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
this game is quite grindy and the dev for some reason cant carry saves over from update to update

Wangmu

Aug 11, 2018
My problem is now that after I get the 2 books from Vlad ( organic alpha and share of genius ) I fail to read them I do not know what did I did wrong and I went through the whole walkthrough.
I think you need higher intelligence, try upping it then reading them.

asemalpha

Oct 22, 2018
I think you need higher intelligence, try upping it then reading them.
I would love to do that but how? I went through all the books that I got but nothing changed in my intelligence and I bought the strategy books from Vlad ( just 2 ) that I found but my intelligence remained the same, so I do not know what I did wrong here

L34ND43

Dec 17, 2017
this game is quite grindy and the dev for some reason cant carry saves over from update to update
save compatibility is in progress. In version 0.3.12 it has been updated but there may still be some bugs

I would love to do that but how?
you have to work a lot for Willie to increase your statistics (intelligence ...). Or it seems to me that you can take small potions of intelligences

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I hate to repeat the same thing as everyone else, but yeah, the grind is horrible and it serves no real purpose other then stretching out the play time.

Wangmu

Aug 11, 2018
I would love to do that but how? I went through all the books that I got but nothing changed in my intelligence and I bought the strategy books from Vlad ( just 2 ) that I found but my intelligence remained the same, so I do not know what I did wrong here
Potions to memory been a while since i loaded it up but i think there are wisdom potions for sale at the mayors store or you can get it from raiding parties.

3.60 star(s) 17 Votes