Ren'Py - The Other One [v0.210] [Santrear]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Arshavinstyle

I was surprised.
    Although it may seem a bit confusing at first, it becomes quite straightforward. Sandbox, vn and decisions matter for the scenes and of course it takes a while to finish this update. It's long and has some interesting animations/interactions but they need to be polished. Story quite interesting and looking forward to the next updtate.

If you don't like grind or are just looking for sex scenes every second you'd better stay away from this gem.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

molinaalexis

I like this game, it is a different angle from The Lust Theory, and using the same characters is fine with me, there are so many games out there that just looking at the pictures makes me puke. Just wondering when will be the next update :cool::cool:
  3. 3.00 star(s)

JohnDoeMars

This could be a very good game.
    Graphics and model are really good.
    Story is deja-vu but still good.
    Problem is gameplay.
    Character progression with different (too many) attributes is grindy as hell and incomprehensible.
    U rapidly enter a grindy loop in the progression not knowing what to do next.
    If u could make the gameplay simplier and smoother it would make it much much better.
    The choice of constant Nirvana song as music bothers me much (not saying copyright issues 'cos I would be very surprised if they were adressed). Moreover u can't mute the music 'cos there is a bug in the preferences where the music is set on "Sound" and there is nothing on "Music".
  4. 2.00 star(s)

SurpriseSunlight

A game with potential that could be better if done right.
    The story is interesting I'll give the author that, the idea of letting your body through an entity and making it improving itself is interesting, kind of a corruption on the MC itself, the general context is a bit odd as you are living with your landla.. I mean your mom, and your sisters in a very familiar environment.

The renders are good looking but are not originals from this game which reflects mostly on the story trying to make sense of the renders and not the other way around. I do think creating your own renders would benefit the story by also modifying visually the protagonist in its transformation. As of now we don't see modification and no reaction from the characters.

I don't really like the button UI and the font style, you should keep to a sans-serif font and keep the dialogues to a same part of the screen, if renpy put them at the bottom of the screen it's because it's easier for everyone to look after the action button. You can still make custom UI for important decisions which can make the difference, but an overuse of this can disturb the user experience.

The music, although not copyright-friendly, are layered in the game, so going from a screen to another can switch the music layer, that's actually a good thing to implement and I do like that. Downside is that the music is repetitive and is transforming me into a emo teenager at the end of the game.

There's not much sex scenes behind a wall of grind and some bugs prevented you from finishing the day (besides sleeping at 10am)

I do recommend the author to rewrite the renders, perhaps start with an ugly character and improve its appearance with the in-game mechanics, that would be a better experience.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

J.R.

Game is in my opinion not recommended as it is now:

not good:
    - dialogs with "engrish"
    - gameplay (the text bubbles are mostly confusing to read)
    - weird graphics sometimes, others are reused renders from another game
    - has serious bugs (game crashed multiple times for me)
    - game uses Renpy, but removes basic settings (skipping, quick menu)
    neutral:
    - sound and music. I didn't liked it and disabled it very soon. But at least the dev tried
    good:
    - nothing for me
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Saint Blackmoor

It's a confusing mess of a game. Renders are oddly used, and dialogue is very poor. Using copied art but with poorly translated dialogue is a no-no in my book. Sound/music is okay but misused here. This game has a bipolar disorder. I would not recommend this game.