wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
It's not working?

Available Options:
1) Apply cheat
2) Quit

Enter a number: 1

----------------------------------------------------

Green No backup's found. Safe to progress.
Creating rpatool...

Searching for RPA packages

Cleaning up temporary files...

Creating cheat...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\New folder\TheNullHypothesis-0.4a-pc\game\_cheat.py", line 23, in <module>
main_menu()
File "E:\New folder\TheNullHypothesis-0.4a-pc\game\_cheat.py", line 10, in main_menu
with open(fn, "r") as file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy'

Finished!

Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
key to exit: 1

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
It's not working?

Available Options:
1) Apply cheat
2) Quit

Enter a number: 1

Green No backup's found. Safe to progress.
Creating rpatool...

Searching for RPA packages

Creating cheat...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\New folder\TheNullHypothesis-0.4a-pc\game\_cheat.py", line 23, in <module>
main_menu()
File "E:\New folder\TheNullHypothesis-0.4a-pc\game\_cheat.py", line 10, in main_menu
with open(fn, "r") as file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy'

Finished!

Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
key to exit: 1
Can you go into the game directory and see if "main_menu.rpy" exists in the scripts/interface folder? (Or if the scripts folder exists at all)

insomniacmaniac

Mar 28, 2020
I'm probably just a moron but if someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated - I ran the .bat file, I DO have the CheatV1.1 in the bottom right corner of the game (after restarting), but clicking on it doesn't do anything (although mousing over it does highlight it). Am I supposed to be doing something else?

Nov 30, 2017
I'm probably just a moron but if someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated - I ran the .bat file, I DO have the CheatV1.1 in the bottom right corner of the game (after restarting), but clicking on it doesn't do anything (although mousing over it does highlight it). Am I supposed to be doing something else?
Yeah clicking the actual name in the bottom doesn't do anything.
You can click on various numbers in the game to increase them, they are mentioned under ''Features'' on page 1.

Reactions: sleepingkirby

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
MerlinWizard01 Got it right. That's not a cheat menu for anything. It's just there, by request of TNH staff (ShinyBoots1993 ), so they'd know if someone submitted a bug report while they have the cheat applied. Chasing a bug when someone has cheated is no fun.
If you look at the OP, I've more or less circled all the changes you can interact with to change. There's no cheat menu. you just click (or drag) on the elements to change the value. For a detailed list, please refer to the OP under "features" for what you can change.

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
So............
It's ready. Care to be my guinea pig before I make a thread for it?

Sorry for the delay. A bunch of stuff happened during the week that prevented me from getting into my windows partition. The job market for programmers is really bad these days. That and I had to learn more renpy than I cared to. Again, not a big fan of python.

What this does:
  • All pokemon stats, IV and EV are clickable to increase
  • Class type (via Traits) are clickable to increase
  • Trainer EXP (via Social) are draggable

Keep in mind that I'm not playing the game so I don't know how these stats affect the game which is why I'm asking you to play test it.

A few notes:
  • Pokemon EXP is really hard to set without writing completely new logic. Something that's antithetical to the structure and purpose of this injector format.
  • The same goes for player traits like charisma as the power-grid-like element is a custom element and I wasn't able to find any good way to make it clickable for each trait.
Finally able to test it, it work fine for me, sorry took long to test it because I'm sick i finally able to test it, I'm not testing until the current demo end because i still feeling sick but until the second half after pikachu get transformed and it works find. Thank you for this

• Red Heart
Reactions: sleepingkirby

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Finally able to test it, it work fine for me, sorry took long to test it because I'm sick i finally able to test it, I'm not testing until the current demo end because i still feeling sick but until the second half after pikachu get transformed and it works find. Thank you for this
No problem. I've not feel too great this week either. That giant earthquake here in Taiwan didn't help. Glad it's working. I'll make a full thread on this a little later today after I finished this backend function on this side project.

I hope you feel better.

Reactions: Epigonid

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
No problem. I've not feel too great this week either. That giant earthquake here in Taiwan didn't help. Glad it's working. I'll make a full thread on this a little later today after I finished this backend function on this side project.

I hope you feel better.
I hope you lose nothing and no one during that earthquake.

I forget to said the iv and ev change only affect adding point and change the main stats after Pokémon level up if you post this don't forget to put this on note so you don't need to worry about many questions because the mod work fine

I still got problems not successfully change the class type but it's not your fault because I'm the the type who not really good following instructions without pictures but I will try again after some rest

All in all the mod is fine and thank you for this. Please stay safe and stay healthy

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I hope you lose nothing and no one during that earthquake.
Thank you. I live in Taipei and we weren't that badly hit. So, thankfully, I didn't lose anything and no one I knew was hurt.

I forget to said the iv and ev change only affect adding point and change the main stats after Pokémon level up if you post this don't forget to put this on note so you don't need to worry about many questions because the mod work fine
I realized that too after messing with it. Definitely different from the original pokemon games. I'll make sure to add that to the thread when I make it.

I still got problems not successfully change the class type but it's not your fault because I'm the the type who not really good following instructions without pictures but I will try again after some rest

All in all the mod is fine and thank you for this. Please stay safe and stay healthy
No problem. Thank you.

• Red Heart

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Version 1.2 has been released for linux and windows. This adds the option to turn off the statuses in Hum-Hum (Mad, horny, nympho) to help combat the girls getting mad due to game version changes between saved games. Please refer to change log in OP for complete list/details. Please also remember that the patch needs to be applied on a fresh install of the game. It will not inject over a previously injected game.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
According to the cheat.py, it can't find the file:
./scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy

Can you go into the game directory and see if "main_menu.rpy" exists in the scripts/interface folder?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
It exists
The files library for python hooks into the OS itself. If it's reporting that it can't find if, that's almost guaranteed to be coming from the OS. This is an issue with your computer settings. Check permissions, file/folder locks, anti-virus, anti-malware, maybe run it in administrator mode, the usual stuff. Something on your system isn't letting the script see those files. It's impossible for me on this end to know what might be causing it. I can say the script is running just fine as I've had to test it extensively just this afternoon when I updated it.

Saint1121

Aug 9, 2017
When I try to launch the game after running the bat file the game just closes. Any advice on what to do?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
When I try to launch the game after running the bat file the game just closes. Any advice on what to do?
Yes, start with the basics. Run a fresh copy of the game first and see if that crashes. The way the script works, it shouldn't crash the game straight out. Even if it fails or misapplies, it should, at most, just give you an error when it starts up.

Once you've confirmed that the fresh copy of the game runs, apply the cheat and run the game. If it crashes, look at the same directory as the .exe/.sh file to see if there are files named errors.txt, traceback.txt or log.txt. Attach those here along with the following information:
  • What OS are you on? (Windows 7/8/10/11, mac, linux ubuntu/debian/arch/fedora, etc.)
  • What version of the game are you running? (0.3, 0.4a, etc.)

Once I have all that, I can look through it to see if I can gleam any info as to the cause of the crash.