VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mystery of Shagworthy's Legacy [v0.01d Public] [Newman/Akanoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
The link you have provided in this thread is also the 3gb version. Did you have one that was 550mb or is the 3gb one the only one floating around here?
The 550mb is probably what GG released on their page

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
The link you have provided in this thread is also the 3gb version. Did you have one that was 550mb or is the 3gb one the only one floating around here?
The 550mb must be the one GG released. I have no idea what's in it. They released it without my consent. I'm just glad the one posted here is the one I know has all the proper stuff.

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
added a jpg/png only mirror to OP (same as the other without the docx and psd so only about tree fiddy)

Reactions: Krull

aejotx

May 31, 2017
At this point I'm not surprised it was Sunset fucking up his side of stuff again. That 'company' wrote the book on milking patreon (after Breeding Season ofc). "update" after "update" of just more and more branching stuff so that it can never be finished with dwindling content. Sucks that Newman had to get shafted by them and painted as the bad guy.

Reactions: Newman and Carnagie

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Had a poke around the art and it wasn't bad, shame it's dead

Edit, including the layers, was useful for me. Velma not having a tits out top like Daphne was a shame though.

Selks

Aug 1, 2018
this is what happens when you try to bite more than you can chew. sad thing is, this had so much potential! but again, people dont even 1/3rd of a gamo done before starting a completely new, work, then cry because doesnt have enough time to develop either! seriously, finish something first, THEN start a new project. if you have good ideas, or want to take a break, do so, do a snippet here, another there, take your time, develop things slowly, and when the other gets closer to be finished, THEN you announce it, and shift gears.

but nop, rockstar mentality goes full force. no wonder they get burn out!

MisterAnon04

May 30, 2018
this is what happens when you try to bite more than you can chew. sad thing is, this had so much potential! but again, people dont even 1/3rd of a gamo done before starting a completely new, work, then cry because doesnt have enough time to develop either! seriously, finish something first, THEN start a new project. if you have good ideas, or want to take a break, do so, do a snippet here, another there, take your time, develop things slowly, and when the other gets closer to be finished, THEN you announce it, and shift gears.

but nop, rockstar mentality goes full force. no wonder they get burn out!
For most cases, yes. But that's not quite what happened here. From what I can tell, there was a large miscommunication debacle, and the people who were funding the game (the ones who were paying the artist) decided to back out. The artist is all for continuing, but whether it actually happens or not is something that time will tell.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
I'm downloaded 3gb. But where is the game??? this not a game... how im play this game? pls help
send me 200$ and i'll send you exe file. disregard any AV warnings,it's shit and don't know what it talking about.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Akanoes and I want to finish the game, the way it was originally designed. He likes what I had planned for it, and he's willing to give the project a chance to be released.

That being said, Ben X is still our nº1 priority so I can't say when it'll happen. As some of you mentioned, it's hard to work on 2 things at the same time, so until Ben X's main mechanics are 100% done, we can't get distracted. Akanoes may want to start doing stuff for Scooby while he waits for some Ben X's art, like backgrounds or animations, but again, only when Ben X's code is up to standards.

Reactions: TheDevian

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Akanoes and I want to finish the game, the way it was originally designed. He likes what I had planned for it, and he's willing to give the project a chance to be released.

That being said, Ben X is still our nº1 priority so I can't say when it'll happen. As some of you mentioned, it's hard to work on 2 things at the same time, so until Ben X's main mechanics are 100% done, we can't get distracted. Akanoes may want to start doing stuff for Scooby while he waits for some Ben X's art, like backgrounds or animations, but again, only when Ben X's code is up to standards.
I'm more than willing to wait for you to get Ben X done before you start. I'd rather wait and get a great game, than have it rushed and be mediocre or bad. I'm just happy that there's still a good chance it will be made. I've been looking for a good Scooby Doo based game.

Reactions: Newman

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017

I could see you guys working on Ben X and MSL IF you had another artist doing MSL. If you know what you're doing and you've got everything planned out, a good writer and programmer can multi-task and finish tasks for two projects in a short amount of time. But for a single artist who is sketching, inking and coloring all the CG's, background and UI, two projects will ultimately kill productivity.

Best to work on one game and finish that first, than move onto the next project. Though you can keep working on the dialogue/programming of the second game using other artwork that you can replace later in your spare time.

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
It says there was a problem reading the contents of the file and that data is corrupted
Oh, that thing again. I've had too many problems with those 7z and rar files until I downloaded an updated 7zip. I guess a certain compress algorithm got updated, so you need 7zip 16 or later (I used 9.02 at the time).

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Oh, that thing again. I've had too many problems with those 7z and rar files until I downloaded an updated 7zip. I guess a certain compress algorithm got updated, so you need 7zip 16 or later (I used 9.02 at the time).
I guess I use the Unarchiver, and it works the vast majority of all files, but I'll see what version I'm using and see if it's older by this point as well.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes