VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mystery of Shagworthy's Legacy [v0.01d Public] [Newman/Akanoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Yeah so i'm almost 100% sure this isn't the right link. I downloaded the link yesterday from the SU thread and it was only 550MB and it had around 220 pictures among other Renpy stuff in it.
I was gonna say, there's no way simply CG, regardless of the quality could take up 3 whole gigs and this is the first I've heard of it.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I was gonna say, there's no way simply CG, regardless of the quality could take up 3 whole gigs and this is the first I've heard of it.
As far as 2dcg goes I think Roundscape is the closest to 3 and its only 1.7gb.

Reactions: Morah SDG

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Now is this older link you mentioned? Should it be all of the content we can get our hands on currently?
I mean it looks like all the content that would be in it, its basically a 90% done game. Unless there's somehow 2 different versions floating around.

Reactions: Morah SDG

MisterAnon04

May 30, 2018
So just a bit of context, I downloaded the 3.4 GB version and compared it against the one on Newman's patreon and they're the same. Also the one I downloaded wasn't corrupt and had everything in it working properly. I also inspect the files themselves to see why it is so large. It looks like Newman just included everything from development, including 3 GB of .psd (Photoshop) files. These probably could have been excluded, as the actual photos make up around 99% of the rest of the files. The remaining 1% seem to be text documents of scripts and other things like that.

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
Just as @MisterAnon04 just stated the reason this is a 3GB+ download is that its the full assetpack from the game artist... including the original PhotoShop Documents (PSD) so if some game dev would take over he have the opportunity...

Reactions: Akanoes

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
So just a bit of context, I downloaded the 3.4 GB version and compared it against the one on Newman's patreon and they're the same. Also the one I downloaded wasn't corrupt and had everything in it working properly. I also inspect the files themselves to see why it is so large. It looks like Newman just included everything from development, including 3 GB of .psd (Photoshop) files. These probably could have been excluded, as the actual photos make up around 99% of the rest of the files. The remaining 1% seem to be text documents of scripts and other things like that.
thanks for that.

so yeah I've added a short section about the psd files
upload_2018-11-5_23-16-50.png

and if you don't have Ps software, use the mega link provided above to have a quick check of what the images are supposed to look like

Here's the link I downloaded it from

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
So...is there a download with the art and no PSD files? The link from RedPill seems to be all loose files.

Sep 22, 2018
Wow this game would have potentially been one of the greats... sad to see such a massive undertaking be squandered.

yabar17

May 26, 2018
I'm downloaded 3gb. But where is the game??? this not a game... how im play this game? pls help

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
Gunsmoke Games have given Newman and me permission to finish it ourselves. We don't know when we'll start work on it though, as of right now Ben X has priority. Maybe after Ben X's core is more fleshed out we can start on Scooby as a side project.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Here's my post about it, with the original link: I included the PSD's because the character dolls have a lot of layers of expressions and folders for people to play with. A real shame I had to release this to prove I had delivered on my side of the deal, but there were some serious accusations on the contrary, and this was the only way to prove them wrong. We will work on the game, Akanoes and I, and eventually release it so it's unfortunate all of this had to be released, spoiling the sex scenes and clothes, but hopefully in the end, it's the story, and actually playing the game which matters.

Malkav

May 28, 2017
I mean it looks like all the content that would be in it, its basically a 90% done game. Unless there's somehow 2 different versions floating around.
The link you have provided in this thread is also the 3gb version. Did you have one that was 550mb or is the 3gb one the only one floating around here?

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes