VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mystery of Shagworthy's Legacy [v0.01d Public] [Newman/Akanoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Not soon, as I want to get a couple of Ben X builds out there before going back to this, but yeah, we're not abandoning it. It's going to be a while, though. Our focus is on Ben X and the development tools to make VN making a more streamlined process. For example, I can now edit dialog lines in-game, without Akanoes having to change them one by one. I will also be able to add or remove character dolls from scenes, add effects, move elements... all things Ren'py isn't really prepared for. Apart from that, I'm focusing on working much more steadily, making sure I rest and don't get burned out. It seems to be working, but as always, we won't promise any release dates. Just that we'll keep working on the games.

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
People stop interacting when a game stops being a novelty. With no new scenes, discoveries, easter eggs, 'new game+', preview pics of future updates and things like that, the topic also 'freezes' (abandoned state). Its like Combination games (I am waiting for Survivor Sarah 2 and Alona Missions 'new missions' from ages ago. And PUT (Peach game) with new scenes and dialogues from ages ago. Not to forget Sorceress Tale (Meridiana), whose author used to remove some items and transport Meridiana to entirely new worlds at each update, aside of putting panties in one, removing it in the other.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes