VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mystery of Shagworthy's Legacy [v0.01d Public] [Newman/Akanoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
giphy.gif

Overview:
When Velma finds an old crumpled letter in Shaggy's apartment, the Mystery Inc. gang realize he's the sole inheritor to his Uncle Harry Shagworthy's old hotel. After a terrible accident and Scooby's sudden disappearance, the only thing that can save them is to uncover the truth hiding behind The Mystery of Shagworthy's Legacy!

Features: High quality 2D art, music and sound, investigation mechanics (clues, notes, interrogation, puzzles to solve), animations, a complex character/wardrobe system...

Thread Updated: 2020-05-09
Release Date: 2020-05-09
Developer: Newman - -
Censorship:None
Version: 0.01d Public
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Uploader Notes

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - - -
Mac: - - - - -
Android: - - - - -

2018 Full asset: -
2018 JPG/PNG Only: - - -

Thank you Canto Forte for sharing the game

Mystery_Machine_Investigation(4D88).jpg Daphne Fred Buttjob.jpg Dining_Room_full(4D82).jpg Mystery_Machine_forest(00C4).jpg Velma sex e.png Daphne sex d.png Daphne horny.png

Last edited:

Sleepy0703

Nov 26, 2017
Woah, holy shit, 3 gigs? Fuck me running. Is it really that much stuff? This is this game's premiere on F95 after all...
I don't think it's the game since it apparently got cancelled or put on hold one. It looks like it's just the CG from what they had so far before they pulled the plug.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I don't think it's the game since it apparently got cancelled or put on hold one. It looks like it's just the CG from what they had so far before they pulled the plug.
Can CG really take up over that much amount of space? I'm not a technical man, but that would certainly surprise me.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

Sleepy0703

Nov 26, 2017
Can CG really take up over that much amount of space? I'm not a technical man, but that would certainly surprise me.
I have no idea either. I think high resolution images are usually what take up a chunk of space in games and there's apparently 887 pages of it so I guess that could add up to 3 gigs.

Reactions: moonanon

Epasda

Apr 30, 2017
I've read the controversy surrounding this game. It supposedly got canned, but Newman says there's a chance he might continue it.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
What was the controversy? Did it get shut down by WB or something?
It was a collab between Newman and Sunsetriders, If you want the whole story I suggest going to both their Patreon pages and looking at the posts. Long story short, months of no communication lead to the project being canned, however I personally think its almost 100% the sunset teams fault here.

Reactions: Gabaw

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It was a collab between Newman and Sunsetriders, If you want the whole story I suggest going to both their Patreon pages and looking at the posts. Long story short, months of no communication lead to the project being canned, however I personally think its almost 100% the sunset teams fault here.
Infighting essentially? I see.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
So patrons are paying 10k per month for nothing? Why exactly isn't the monthly support down to zero at the moment?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Okay, so I just spent like 50 minutes downloading this thing, and it's literally just two Fonts. What.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Lol what?
I download it, I get a zip called "Scooby_Game_Stuff.zip", which I then unpackage using The Unarchiver. It says there was a problem reading the contents of the file and that data is corrupted. I press continue anyway. A folder called "Scooby Game Stuff" appears, which I figure means it's okay after all. Inside the folder is a folder just called "Art", and inside that folder is another zip called "k-type_dalek.zip". Opening that gives me a folder of the same name, which is just two versions of a font called "Dalek" and instructions on how to install the fonts. I assume it's just a corrupt download link.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I download it, I get a zip called "Scooby_Game_Stuff.zip", which I then unpackage using The Unarchiver. It says there was a problem reading the contents of the file and that data is corrupted. I press continue anyway. A folder called "Scooby Game Stuff" appears, which I figure means it's okay after all. Inside the folder is a folder just called "Art", and inside that folder is another zip called "k-type_dalek.zip". Opening that gives me a folder of the same name, which is just two versions of a font called "Dalek" and instructions on how to install the fonts. I assume it's just a corrupt download link.
Yeah so i'm almost 100% sure this isn't the right link. I downloaded the link yesterday from the SU thread and it was only 550MB and it had around 220 pictures among other Renpy stuff in it.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes