VN Ren'Py Completed The Miskatonic [Rapscallion]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Love the artsyle. "Female protagonist" not for me but OK. "NO SEXUAL CONTENT". Excuse me, why post it here?
Probably because the "no sexual content" tag exists, it has been aprooved by the community and has several games listed under it already.

Also:
Please don't bother to leave comments not relevant to the game such as this "Eh, why is this game even here?"

The game is tagged and if you don't want to consume the content, ignore it.

rfjones

Oct 22, 2017
The Miskatonic University
Cool, cool...

hilarious dark comedy
Interesting...

<insert plot here>
Sweet, sounds like my bag

kinetic visual novel
Wait wut?

Dammit, if I wanted to clickclickclickclickclickclick, I'd play WoW or Diablo. Is this actually a short novel delivered two lines at a time with pictures? And if so, what tools would I use to dump the text out so I can actually read it?

Wolfikins

Feb 19, 2018
Wait wut?

Dammit, if I wanted to clickclickclickclickclickclick, I'd play WoW or Diablo. Is this actually a short novel delivered two lines at a time with pictures? And if so, what tools would I use to dump the text out so I can actually read it?
That's simplifying stuff juuuust a tadge. You talk to people. You look at environmental objects. The people change positions. Text dumping it would take a fair amount of context (and thus, humour) out.

But hey, if y'wanna do that, you'll want to extract tyranobuilder archives, and you'll probably be spending about as much time as you would fully playing the game getting it into a reasonable format. :p

Reactions: k8pohni and rfjones

Zakota

Sep 22, 2017
Jeez. This forum used to be fun, but some of the mods are really becoming overzealous.
I mean, it's a site where perverts get free games and fap material. Who cares if it's fun outside that, as long as I get free shit they could be literal members of ISIS for all it concerns me.

SarkenHS

Jun 29, 2017
As there aren't a lot of review aside for people complaning about the lack of sex'
Here's my quick view on this game, don't forget it's only my personal opinion of it.

Pro:
- well, the big + of this game, wich I supposed most of the funds went into, is the art. For a game that costs 5 bucks, it got way more than you'd expected if the majority of more expansive game.
- funny to read. I don't know how to say it, but it's the perfect game to show to someone what is "The Mythos" while not scaring him for life with horrideous drawing of weird stuffs. Well, it does have a lot of weird shit, but with the art style it's ingested way easier.
- linked to precedent point: it does a good job at casualing / vulgarizing the Mythos in a everyday society.
- Overal easy to read. This game is here to teach you abour weird stuff and wins at that point.

Cons:
- well, other than its art, humor and lovecraftian stuff, it doesn't have much:
- game quite short, count less than a few hours to finish it if you take time to talk to everyone at each patrol section.
- the story itself is classic enough. The kind of thing you'd find in any starter sceario for Call of Cthulhy the tabletop rpg.

Mid's:
- might sounds confusing so just to be clear: it's not a "point and click game" as per usual. You follow a straight line from intro to ending with no real power over it. you just have to read, not to think about what to do.
- music can get quite repeatitive when it's on, ambiant music are ok I guess.
- for those that find it important, there's no dubbing at all (I don't mind but some people judge on that so...)
- some people complains about it, but don't forget we're in a school, with students. Of course it's going to looks like a university with student's like people in it. It being the Miskatonic doesn't change that fact.
- it being a kinetic novel, it doesn't have branching story. But it would be like complaining about a side-scrolling game where you can only go in one direction. A novel is still a novel as its source. It doesn't have to have branching story.

And here's my general opiniong: good enough to pass time. You don't have time to find it boring as it's short enough.

Mr Pages

May 20, 2021
I was trawling the bottom of the internet to find this for torrenting with no luck, thank god the artist is Jack Cayless.

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
Whappened? To artist? His devianart page - stated he quit? He said hes not even gonna touch the account anymore just leave it be for people to see his arts, but wonder why quit? Is there a reason for this? For me it seems that many people is prolly harrassing him coz of the content he makes, i hope someone can explain

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Whappened? To artist? His devianart page - stated he quit? He said hes not even gonna touch the account anymore just leave it be for people to see his arts, but wonder why quit? Is there a reason for this? For me it seems that many people is prolly harrassing him coz of the content he makes, i hope someone can explain
If I member correctly the game burned him out so he let it go.
Still active with art though:

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
If I member correctly the game burned him out so he let it go.
Still active with art though:

Damn, wtf its entirely different from his devianart page, i honestly thought the guy is just into gore and cute stuff, but wow im much more impress, and it seems hes making a new game? Holy cow.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote