4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Akabur is by far the most over rated game producer on the circuit. He does make some decent looking art but he is insanely slow and his games are crazy grindy to make up for the fact if you break it down to pure picture count you can put it into the dozens, not the hundreds. NEvermind he still doesn't do any animation stuff.
I disagree. I think that there is a certain charm in his games. When I spend an entire night of my life playing Witch Trainer when I was 15 I had the best fap of my entire life. I loved the writing and the pacing and I haven't had a better experience with an adult game in the years since. Even taking into account the graphical inprovements games like Milfy City have made recently. I feel the same about other genres as well. Deus Ex>Witcher 3 ^^

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
My heart rose at Akabur, my heart sank when it was Ninja Turtles. I will probably still play it though. Witch and Princess Trainer are two of my all-time favorites.

kokotheworm

Aug 19, 2016
My heart rose at Akabur, my heart sank when it was Ninja Turtles. I will probably still play it though. Witch and Princess Trainer are two of my all-time favorites.
My eyes went What.THE.FUCK. when I saw the turtle dick. Some mutated horseshit right there.

Loopy

Jul 25, 2017
The thing with Akabur is that he did initially run his Patreon campaign like he was trying to raise funds. The pledge tiers had actual rewards tied to them, like "occasional" drawings, and access to a members-only gallery. I think the $20 or $50 tier suggested those patrons might get access to betas when they were ready. "Might" turned out to be operative. He only scrubbed most of that away and reduced it to a tip-jar when it became obvious that involved too much effort, and people started to ride him about it. On top of that, he made a lot of promises about what Patreon cash would do to help streamline his workflow, and other assorted, admittedly vague, promises while he was developing WT.

I don't know how much that initial push still factors into his current totals. By now, I'd hope everyone giving him money regularly is well aware that they're just pissing it away on someone who prefers not to have to work, on the off chance he'll decide to do a few drawings and a smidgen of coding this month.

He does still have the bit in there about how he doesn't believe in taking days off. I don't think it's meant to be wry, even if it is comical.

I don't say this to dissuade people who contribute with their eyes wide open. It just that given the exaggerations, the expunged history, how he handles Patreon generally, and what people think Patreon is supposed to be, I think having your eyes open requires more than glancing through his Patreon page.

Reactions: SenPC

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
He is pretty open about all of his flaws and at the end of the day no one is forced to give him money. For me he is one of the most talented developers in the adult genre. Witch Trainer is still my favorite adult game ever. I am just glad that I have Star Chanel episode 3 to look forward to, even if it takes him an entire year to make it. ^^

Reactions: MeInDisguise

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
Lol,if he gets that much money just from a tip jar, no wonder he becomes lazy. That is a LOT of money in Russia, if you don't spend it wastefully, you can live a pretty comfortable life. Can't argue his talent though, art is amazing. It's just i still remember world without patreon, Akabur did many flash games that involved even more art then this(for example,Butlers revenge with Lara Croft), and that wasn't lauded like some titanic effort

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I liked this game. Way more enjoyable than the last SC34 update.
The only downside is the assets over-usage, but this is kind of a constant in Akabur's works. Still the drawings are great.

kleper666

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
omg,i, i have no words with this game i laugh a lot, so intense, that was crazy haha

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Cute. I missed the last scene the first time I played it because I didn't know about the new game thing.

Some advice about this particular artist (took me a while to figure this out) for those of you inclined to feel a bit salty at development time - Akabur isn't fast, and he doesn't communicate with his fans much about what he's making. He's been that way for years, and no matter how you feel about it nobody's figured out a way to change that. You can choose to fund him or not, you can play his games or not, but odds are good that he'll still slowly crank out games either way. On average, expect one pretty good to great (and generally pretty much feature complete) game release every year or so, and the occasional 'meh' release that doesn't quite live up to the hype or just wasn't intended to be all that impressive in scope.

My prediction for his future releases: somewhere around 8-12 months from now, SC34 release 3 will come out and be pretty good and have some neat and unexpected features, but still not include enough vaginal sex.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Cute. I missed the last scene the first time I played it because I didn't know about the new game thing.

Some advice about this particular artist (took me a while to figure this out) for those of you inclined to feel a bit salty at development time - Akabur isn't fast, and he doesn't communicate with his fans much about what he's making. He's been that way for years, and no matter how you feel about it nobody's figured out a way to change that. You can choose to fund him or not, you can play his games or not, but odds are good that he'll still slowly crank out games either way. On average, expect one pretty good to great (and generally pretty much feature complete) game release every year or so, and the occasional 'meh' release that doesn't quite live up to the hype or just wasn't intended to be all that impressive in scope.

My prediction for his future releases: somewhere around 8-12 months from now, SC34 release 3 will come out and be pretty good and have some neat and unexpected features, but still not include enough vaginal sex.
oh he promises that SC34 next update will allow genie to have sex .... FOR ONCE !

tahts a rael revolution lol.. last time genie got sex was in magic shop ^^

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Well this was disappointing. I like the art for April but that's pretty much it. So glad that this has a skip option. First game of Akbar's I didn't like at all.

Reactions: GaRbS
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes