4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
theres a post-end cg aswell. but im quite disappointed, he could have made at least 1 cg for each turtle instead of reusing the same one, sure, if he added animation i could go with 1 pose. there no excuse anymore he is not novice he should be able to make cg faster. but other then that its ok, i like his art style.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
when i consider he stopped worked on SC34 and others for doing this....

its a shame..

but heh, cant complain some Akabur stuff. but honestly would have prefer a update for SC34, magic shop or sopmething instead of a new small game like this :/

gonna wait years again for te next update on my fav game :/

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Kinda short, but still nice. I really liked the art. Wish there was a sequel to this

Reactions: darlic

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Wow, the new Akabur game and Four Elements Trainer was updated too. It's like Christmas in Pervertsville (nah not that strange Framboise thing, the real Pervertsville called Disney Land).
And don't forget SlutCraft too:)

Reactions: hotte

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
Akabur said from the start that he was gonna make a pure short sex game, and also, its not like he wasn't working on his other game. And don't forget that its free.

Reactions: darlic and baka

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Akabur said from the start that he was gonna make a pure short sex game, and also, its not like he wasn't working on his other game. And don't forget that its free.
It's exactly like that. That's precisely what he did. He hit a wall, got bored, and went to a side project. And yes, it's great that it's free, but the only team that's better than Akabur at milking more out of their Patreon for little to no effort is Simbro. Akabur had us all fooled when he was collecting money "to go to art school". Hookers and cocaine are not art school. And this little thing that took him away from his main project for six months isn't worth it. SC34 could be his best game yet, but he just throws the bare minimum at it to keep people on the hook.

Reactions: GaRbS

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
its aint free for me as i m patron for akabur...
i dont have asked, and i dont give a shit about that game.. i wanted an update on better game like SC34 or magic shop or else.
it was dissapointed that this game came out from nowhere until he announced.
but now its gone, i guess he will be back to SC34.. unless he plan another project , wich give me the last reason to quit my patron for him.

alots of others patrons are like me. didnt asked for that, and wait for SC34

Reactions: GaRbS and SenPC

Skybreaker

Dec 5, 2017
I'm personally not into this game, and do hate the speed at which he does stuff, but I'm honestly fascinated by all the milking accusations.

The way I see it milking can only occur if there is something offered in return (eg. patreon games which do not provide any content unless you pledge a 5$ or similar). In the case of Akabur that's not the case since he always gives the games for free, thus creating the situation where milking can only occur as a self induced process (giving him money of your own free will, since you get everything everyone else gets no matter if you give him money or not).
I'm interested in hearing why exactly do people see it as milking since he is, essentially, providing a free service not directly connected to the money.

I also believe the 1$ tier makes a huge hell of a deal in the money department. 1$ per month is affordable and psychologically doesn't seem like much, simply because you can't trade it for much, while 5$, aside from being unaffordable in some places, feels like it has actual value since you can use it for some quite important stuff (bread and milk spring to mind instantly).

To be clear I should elaborate I'm not trying to rile people up, I study philosophy and social sciences so this kind of stuff fascinates me and I like to hear peoples opinions.

Reactions: SenPC

Lonely nut

Jul 7, 2017
when i consider he stopped worked on SC34 and others for doing this....

its a shame..

but heh, cant complain some Akabur stuff. but honestly would have prefer a update for SC34, magic shop or sopmething instead of a new small game like this :/

gonna wait years again for te next update on my fav game :/
I was actually surprised at how many people were ok with him doing this, it should'nt be fine, those who still support him on patreon are getting scammed.

When you say we have to wait a year for something new it's true and a shame that we have to wait that long for a new update.

Reactions: GaRbS and SenPC

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016
This is really dumb when you think about it. He took 5 months to make and release this but there isn't much here. I beat it in a few minutes. This isn't like SC34 where when Episode 2 came out it took me like 4 hours to see everything. This just seems like a waste of time for us and Akabur. He could of been using this time to add actual sex scenes to SC34 but he wasted 5 months instead on this and the amount work here doesn't actually say to me that there is 5 months of work here. Probably being overly negative but that's all I see here is a waste of time.

If you enjoyed it then that's great and I hoped you enjoy for years to come but I feel like Akabur as of late is milking his Patreons especially with this one. No game that has 5 months of work behind should be over in a few minutes. MITY just released an update that took me an hour to finish after working on it for a month and a half but this. This is just unbelievable and not in a good way. And before you say "oh MITY is part of a team" well so is Akabur. DHAR, Smersh, and Lyk all help him make games faster but this game is just bad. Putting a number to it, Akabur made $20,000 (That is a very low ball number since he was making at least $4200 a month) to release a game that had a few minutes of content to it.

Again if you liked the game then great, I won't ruin it for you, in fact I probably won't even talk about this again. This is how I feel at the moment.
Akabur is by far the most over rated game producer on the circuit. He does make some decent looking art but he is insanely slow and his games are crazy grindy to make up for the fact if you break it down to pure picture count you can put it into the dozens, not the hundreds. NEvermind he still doesn't do any animation stuff.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I'm personally not into this game, and do hate the speed at which he does stuff, but I'm honestly fascinated by all the milking accusations.

The way I see it milking can only occur if there is something offered in return (eg. patreon games which do not provide any content unless you pledge a 5$ or similar). In the case of Akabur that's not the case since he always gives the games for free, thus creating the situation where milking can only occur as a self induced process (giving him money of your own free will, since you get everything everyone else gets no matter if you give him money or not).
I'm interested in hearing why exactly do people see it as milking since he is, essentially, providing a free service not directly connected to the money.

I also believe the 1$ tier makes a huge hell of a deal in the money department. 1$ per month is affordable and psychologically doesn't seem like much, simply because you can't trade it for much, while 5$, aside from being unaffordable in some places, feels like it has actual value since you can use it for some quite important stuff (bread and milk spring to mind instantly).

To be clear I should elaborate I'm not trying to rile people up, I study philosophy and social sciences so this kind of stuff fascinates me and I like to hear peoples opinions.
peoples ( some patrons too maybe, i dont knwo, its not my case anyway as a patron)
consider akabur as scam or milking because of 2 points.

1 - the speed. its not a surprise, its obvious, Akabur is one of the slowest dev in patreon. of course it take time to draw and all... but he honestly need to check for a team like dark cookie in summertime saga for boost the speed up, because for now, its wayy too slow.
he can draw fast and good.. but.. at the contrary of dark cookie... he draw on paper and pen , then use ink and caligraphy stuff, then he scan the whole thing for put it on pc.
he should definitly buy an tablet.... or in another way... team up with someone who will do the pc/upload stuff. and coding.
its easy to understand that peopels think he just scam or milk because of that. even if you pay 1 buck... its still 1 buck every month. and when they are a big amount of peoples ( who actually not all give 1$.. some give wayyy more ) the amount of money he get is important and he can easily spend a part in a team to speed up things. but he refuse.

2 - the lack of information. Akabur is not the kind of guy who stream or post tons of messages about the progress of the game. it sometime take months before getting infos that are really interresting. and when we get info, we sometime get some "bad news" about progress stuff. this is also one of the big black point for akabur.

of course, every body can confirm that Akabur is one of the best.. he rules... nobody can reach his level of quality.
but he really nede to boost up with a team or something. for now, he miss great opportunities.
but like he say.. he is just a guy who dont give a fuck about popularity and all. wich is good in a sens. but also sad in another.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017

From a philosophical and psychological point of view, Akabur's "tip jar" policy is quite interesting, as it does create the feeling that here we have a guy who's main love is creating, so naturally we want to support him if possible.
It's ingenious if ya ask me, because I'm pretty sure that many, like me, doesn't mind sending him $1 a month without ever thinking of removing that low support.

If he had shown to care more for money, shown greed, people would expect a lot more in return, make demands of him.. which could have evolved into the "pay more get more" tiers of patron value.
Such is a lot more fragile, people are faster to cancel their support if disappointed.

Let's be clear about a few facts: Every developer want's to make money. Every artist would like to be able to make a living doing their art.
Some more than others, true, but you won't find the opposite anywhere.
Another fact, is that people support products they like, if they can afford to, even more so if they admire the creators ideology.
So when Akabur tells us that he care less for money than his own free will and work pace, that's the bigger hook in itself.

I'm pretty sure he understands the way peoples minds work and have to admit to admire him a bit for that as well.
Also enjoy his work of course and would like to see more of it a lot more frequent, on the other hand I also don't want to see him burn out and abandon his projects completely.

Reactions: Gabaw
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes