divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I had to sneak that in the game, just like a lot of other small movie references. It is one of my favorite references right up there with stick around, and Dave's not here man.

For those that have no clue go watch Empire Records (Rex Manning day), The Predator (Stick around), and listen to some classic Cheech and Chong (Dave's not here man). There are plenty of other references in the game as well and more to come.
I bought 5 copies of the Big Bamboo album when it first came out as it came with the huge rolling paper. That damn joint would last about 2 weeks:ROFLMAO:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Preface statement: apologies to folks that may find posts like this annoying, but it is my habit to post things like this on established VNs that I pick up several releases in. Hopefully, it brings back good memories for the ones that don't mind it.

So, about Chapter 6:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And Sylvia (homeless girl) is really starting to confuse me. At first thought "maybe Britney", now pivoting to "what was Alexis's sister's name?". Of course, that will probably be dashed soon enough. Maybe another where Rob will get the chance to respond OUR812. :unsure:

Also, now that Ellie's back, I wonder how long it will take for the revelation that she and Rob are half siblings...:eek:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Preface statement: apologies to folks that may find posts like this annoying, but it is my habit to post things like this on established VNs that I pick up several releases in. Hopefully, it brings back good memories for the ones that don't mind it.

So, about Chapter 6:
And Sylvia (homeless girl) is really starting to confuse me. At first thought "maybe Britney", now pivoting to "what was Alexis's sister's name?". Of course, that will probably be dashed soon enough. Maybe another where Rob will get the chance to respond OUR812. :unsure:

Also, now that Ellie's back, I wonder how long it will take for the revelation that she and Rob are half siblings...:eek:
Man I love reading all these. Just hearing how people react to something I put a lot of work into is really fun to read for me.

I won't comment on all the points but I will say Becca is my favorite in Single Again and she may have played a small influence when I designed Paige. Also, don't mind the plates much the game is set in a fake city in Georgia, USA.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Man I love reading all these. Just hearing how people react to something I put a lot of work into is really fun to read for me.

I won't comment on all the points but I will say Becca is my favorite in Single Again and she may have played a small influence when I designed Paige. Also, don't mind the plates much the game is set in a fake city in Georgia, USA.
Yeah - I saw that on "The List".

I'd suspect that those assets are already pre-plated, and it was refreshing to see one that wasn't an EU plate or New York - both seem to be very common on standard assets and will show up regardless of the VN setting. If you go to a U-Haul lot in Texas, you'll find all manner of California plated trucks - there have been news articles about how many vehicles are leaving CA (and a few other heavily taxed, poorly run states) and how big of a shortage moving companies are having, as well as the expense incurred to get trucks back into high exodus cities and states since there isn't a strong flow of people coming into the state from elsewhere.

Then again, given Kelly's business, it's just as likely they are fake or stolen. :LOL:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah - I saw that on "The List".

I'd suspect that those assets are already pre-plated, and it was refreshing to see one that wasn't an EU plate or New York - both seem to be very common on standard assets and will show up regardless of the VN setting. If you go to a U-Haul lot in Texas, you'll find all manner of California plated trucks - there have been news articles about how many vehicles are leaving CA (and a few other heavily taxed, poorly run states) and how big of a shortage moving companies are having, as well as the expense incurred to get trucks back into high exodus cities and states since there isn't a strong flow of people coming into the state from elsewhere.

Then again, given Kelly's business, it's just as likely they are fake or stolen. :LOL:
They are pre-plated I think there were a few options to choose from but if I remember correctly that was the US option. However, with Kelly's business, you never know what she can get a hold of or what kind of plates she has hidden in her shop.

Reactions: ThorinKing

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I was going through Chapter 7 and remembered something I meant to ask about.

Should Rob have been wearing a rubber glove - or at least one of those food service gloves and a rubber band - while showering here? He has a less-than-12 hour old tattoo on his hand, and I thought you were supposed to keep them moisturized, but not necessarily subject them to soap and water for at least a day or so - or am I mistaken? Never had one, personally, or lived with someone when they had a fresh one. Even so, I imagine it could be a PITA to do that in a render - just made me curious.
Covered.png

Also...

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant
3.40 star(s) 21 Votes