• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Libido Enigma [Ch. 2.5] [broiler_x]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
Ignoring what I would personally like. I will 100% promise you that your experience making an adult game will be significantly better if you just explicitly state if people outside of the MC will have sex on screen.

Scenes between F/F, or M/F who are not the MC are going to have people out in droves, decimating the ratings unless its explicitly stated beforehand.

If you have any intention at all about people that are not the MC having sex, or doing anything sexual at all (even kissing) I would highly suggest adding it in a dev note to the front page. If you waffle back and forth about not knowing what the future has in store, or dont want to spoil anything I guarantee you a shitstorm will happen if that kind of content is added partway through a story without warning.
This is very interesting and it sounds like you an many others only want to see the MC having sex. I'm curious about what you feel about the following scenario (which is currently planned):

This is a libido enhancement drug just about to be tested in human clinical trials. The MC attends one of the first trials as an observer for the company (this is a one time thing, not his normal duty as a scientist, sort of a momentous occasion resulting from his hard work). The trial occurs in a sex clinic and a positive outcome is if the trial participants - romantic couples who are complete strangers to the MC - engage in sex or not. Are you saying that you do not want to see 2 strangers having sex at all? That's easy to write into the script in a sensible manner (privacy concerns, etc.). Going even further, what if one of the female participants (again a stranger) over responds to the drug and becomes sex-crazed and meets up with the MC begging for dick? This would be a choice - it would be optional. Do you find that off-putting as well?

I'm very curious, thanks. I totally get being defensive with the main romantic interests and that has been the plan. Is it as simple as never show another person's penis, or is it do not allow any of the main characters (MC's or LI's) be involved with anyone else?

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
This is very interesting and it sounds like you an many others only want to see the MC having sex. I'm curious about what you feel about the following scenario (which is currently planned):

This is a libido enhancement drug just about to be tested in human clinical trials. The MC attends one of the first trials as an observer for the company (this is a one time thing, not his normal duty as a scientist, sort of a momentous occasion resulting from his hard work). The trial occurs in a sex clinic and a positive outcome is if the trial participants - romantic couples who are complete strangers to the MC - engage in sex or not. Are you saying that you do not want to see 2 strangers having sex at all? That's easy to write into the script in a sensible manner (privacy concerns, etc.). Going even further, what if one of the female participants (again a stranger) over responds to the drug and becomes sex-crazed and meets up with the MC begging for dick? This would be a choice - it would be optional. Do you find that off-putting as well?

I'm very curious, thanks. I totally get being defensive with the main romantic interests and that has been the plan. Is it as simple as never show another person's penis, or is it do not allow any of the main characters (MC's or LI's) be involved with anyone else?
I'd be fine with a female stranger asking mc for some sexy time. Would not be interested in seeing any other people having sex. Waste of rendering to me, only interested in the mc

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
View attachment 3394682

This is the HELP section of the Menu in your game: it states very clearly that usually, in a Ren”Py game, ”Ctrl” = Skips dialogue while held down. Why is your game not working like that? What did you change/cut/forego from the code that neutered the ”Ctrl” function?

View attachment 3394688

This is the Preferences section of the Menu in your game. There is a toggle on the collumn from the right side where the header says ”Skip”. You can see the fact that I have toggled to skip both ”Unseen text” and also ”After Choices” - which means that holding ”Ctrl” should skip every dialogue until it hits a transition that I did not toggle as skippable.
Thanks, shows you how new I am at this! I don't know why CTRL is not working, as I didn't mean to make a change to renpy (especially considering I didn't even know about that functionality!). I will look into this and get it corrected for Chapter 2. Chapter 1 is fairly short, but Chapter 2 is significantly longer so having that in place is important. Fortunately Chapter 2 is coming along nicely, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for the fix. I just hope I can figure out what I did, hehe...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
I'd be fine with a female stranger asking mc for some sexy time. Would not be interested in seeing any other people having sex. Waste of rendering to me, only interested in the mc
I think that is sensible, thanks. I have not gotten to the part of rendering the scene that I described, but it's coming up. I was already debating whether to make trial participants visible or not. It's not really necessary for the plot at all. So I may take your advice and save some rendering time!

Sngo

May 9, 2020

+1 for: only mc having sex and the love interest is only for the mc too.

Female on female for me only in threesome but always the mc being the focus of it.
And I'm fine with avoidable lesbian option.

Another male being describe or even show fucking any of the mc love interest is a big NO, big to the point that even if it's avoidable I will still put the game on ignore.

About that possible scenario, I would have no interest in seeing 2 strangers fucking and would think it's a waste of rendering time for something that could be just data researchwithout need to use rendering time that could be used on story or mc with his girls.

About a unknown chick going crazy with the drug and turning sex craved and coming ask for mc dick I would be fine with it as long as she isn't a love interest or future love interest and just some random that we will never see again.

Harem for me it's that you can end the game in a relationship with every love interest forming a big family and with that being able to see everything in one playthrough. So atleast having a harem route is a must for me.

That's just my opinion tough.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017

Personally, I dont want to see it if its just random scenes thrown in to get a sex scene into the game. If there are characters that are not the MC, and will not be LI options at all for the MC, if a scene is needed to tell the story then its fine by me. If 70% of the game is just extra characters boning all the time Ill pass.

For the female, if shes a one off character that the MC fucks and never sees again in the story then sure. If she is some sex addict that fucks the MC and then wants to fuck everyone else (males or females) then I'm not really interested.

But thats just my opinions. There are a number of people on here that will freak out if any other penis is in the game at all. Imo just be honest of what you want to put in the game and its usually fine. You are never going to please everyone in a single game but a good way to piss everyone off is by hiding things until later.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
As for MC being the only one having sex with the love interests... I don't want to give too much away. But I will give you some hints: Julian has been introduced for a reason (his involvement is not finalized, but I'm pondering several scenarios). Also, they are working on an experimental libido drug which may produce inconsistent results. You can imagine if there were hyper responders... That's about all I can say.

Just out of curiosity, would you prefer that the MC be the only one having sex with the love interests, or would you like to see others involved?
hey its your game and you do you, but if you're not honest about stuff like that the only thing you invite is wrath and harassment.

Reactions: broiler_x

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
Wow, this is all very interesting. I've always felt the same way when playing VN's, but I haven't engaged with the community before today, so I didn't realize that many feel the same way. So, to summarize:

1. MC is the only male to engage in sex. Only one penis in game.
2. He may (or should) have multiple love interests, but they all need to be dedicated and loyal only to MC.
3. Contrary to the LI's loyalty, MC can fuck any chick, but can only have meaningful relationships with some or all of the LI's.

Sounds fair to me!

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Just out of curiosity, would you prefer that the MC be the only one having sex with the love interests, or would you like to see others involved?
I'm more like you as well. Thanks for the insight. No matter which direction I go, some people will like it and some will hate it. But, I'm really glad to hear your feedback!
So, now you already readed some comments about all sex scenes,
Majority people don't like other male character involving sex scenes.
Even she's not a Love intrest, it's waste of time.

For lesbian (girl on girl or in threesome) most people okay, some of them don't like. So make it avoidable for best.

In my opinion it's better to mention about your IMPORTANT future tags (not common tags).
Because it will throw away people after adding some extreme tags.

I wish you good luck and your game

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Wow, this is all very interesting. I've always felt the same way when playing VN's, but I haven't engaged with the community before today, so I didn't realize that many feel the same way. So, to summarize:

1. MC is the only male to engage in sex. Only one penis in game.
2. He may (or should) have multiple love interests, but they all need to be dedicated and loyal only to MC.
3. Contrary to the LI's loyalty, MC can fuck any chick, but can only have meaningful relationships with some or all of the LI's.

Sounds fair to me!
Fair what does that even mean? life was never fair and probably wont ever be fair.

2/3. MC should be loyal to his girls, but men show loyalty different than women, they pour their resources and time into their women and also protect them every way necessary.

Ideally MC gets the green light from his women or he makes it clear from the get go that there are different women (lust drug, he needs the outlet) so that the LIs can make an informed choice <- source for tension and story progress for the writer.

If he's simply cheating on all of them he's just a scumbag.

Edit: Dev if you're bored or have 30 minutes of free time take a look at the first 5 pages of this threat.

https://f95zone.to/threads/love-and-temptation-ep-2-s2-gruboop.147940/

There the dev just mentioned the possibility of a poll to determine if a LI would sleep with someone else, now imagine what would happen if such a scene gets sprung on the players later down the line when they are invested in your game.

Last edited:

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
Thank you so much guys! This is my first VN, and first real creative endeavor. I appreciate any feedback!
is the first release a full game? if not i would suggest changing the version # from 1.1 to maybe 0.11 or even 0.011, reason for this is "usually" v1.0 means a full game at its base so a v1.1 would mean full game with an update

Reactions: broiler_x

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
is the first release a full game? if not i would suggest changing the version # from 1.1 to maybe 0.11 or even 0.011, reason for this is "usually" v1.0 means a full game at its base so a v1.1 would mean full game with an update
I'm a newbie, sorry for the confusion. In science we write SOP's and the first one is v1, so I went with what I knew. I could change it in chapter 2, but that might be confusing. Thankfully, version numbers have no effect on game play. (I'm joking, and I'm really sorry I don't know the software conventions for version numbering)

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
Fair what does that even mean? life was never fair and probably wont ever be fair.

2/3. MC should be loyal to his girls, but men show loyalty different than women, they pour their resources and time into their women and also protect them every way necessary.

Ideally MC gets the green light from his women or he makes it clear from the get go that there are different women (lust drug, he needs the outlet) so that the LIs can make an informed choice <- source for tension and story progress for the writer.

If he's simply cheating on all of them he's just a scumbag.

Edit: Dev if you're bored or have 30 minutes of free time take a look at the first 5 pages of this threat.

https://f95zone.to/threads/love-and-temptation-ep-2-s2-gruboop.147940/

There the dev just mentioned the possibility of a poll to determine if a LI would sleep with someone else, now imagine what would happen if such a scene gets sprung on the players later down the line when they are invested in your game.
I'll definitely take a look at that! Thank you for taking the time to help me out! And my comment on being fair was simply a joke. I read it to my wife and at least she laughed! She said, "typical, guy want his girls to be loyal to him, but he can get whatever pussy he wants! Sounds like a guys' ultimate fantasy". Yes, yes it is.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vortex@

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
would have liked to have seen the breakup scene with the cheating gf. especially having the mc go back to the bar and beat the shit out of Chad. or have him read her phone messages the night before then wake her up and kick her out naked. enjoyed the game overall. good looking LI's and an interesting story so far.

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
would have liked to have seen the breakup scene with the cheating gf. especially having the mc go back to the bar and beat the shit out of Chad. or have him read her phone messages the night before then wake her up and kick her out naked. enjoyed the game overall. good looking LI's and an interesting story so far.
Thank you so much, you really made my day! Yeah, Chad, ugh! I used this a setup for what's to come. I also wanted it to be something that a couple of characters saw (sorry, being vague to avoid spoilers). MC doesn't care about Chad, he has bigger plans.

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
What are the programmed tags?
Will there be incest so I can try?
Sorry, no incest. I wanted to make a game that had most of the characters being in their mid 20's to early 40's. It's something that I have been wanting to see personally, so I decided to go in that direction. I hope other like this direction.

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
I just realized the mc reminds me of a young Roland Orzabal from Tears for Fears.
OMG, you are totally right! I just looked up his pictures, and yes there is a strong resemblance. It wasn't intentional, but I was looking for a different look for the MC then most of these VN's which seem to to go for the 18 year old scrawny, dweeby guy. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed those games, but I wanted to make a game that more relatable to me.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes