• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Libido Enigma [Ch. 2.5] [broiler_x]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
View attachment 3393996
The ”place” has a name: the lab. Use the designated name for where you, as a scientist, would like to conduct most of your work doing experiments. Sure thing you have all but forgotten about it, hence why wou do not even know what ”the place” is actually called anymore.

That's a good point. I'm actually a scientist who works in biotech, so I should know better! I'm running back and forth between the lab and my office all morning. I wish I didn't have so much lab work this morning!

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
View attachment 3394054

Hello dev, taking into account that description, could you say some of the planned tags? and if the kinks/fetishes are going to be avoidable (they don't happen in the story according to player choice) skippable (they happen in the story but the player doesn't see the scene) forced by plot?

Good luck.
That is still to be determined. I have written a detailed outline for five chapters, and also the full script for chapter 2 is finished. But I have not worked out the specifics on kink/fetish details. I will say that the blonde on the right (Giselle) is a very kinky girl... The overall philosophy is to try and make this be fairly realistic (although with many love interests). So don't expect any aliens or tentacles or futa or anything like that. But I am also considering perhaps doing a spin off where the libido drug has some extreme side effects, like turning some of the women into sex-crazed zombie like creatures...

Reactions: Edhinor

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
The music volume is at max, it could be middle so it does not startle the headseat users.
The CTRL hold for skip is not working even after enabling it in the settings.
Damnit, I meant to adjust the volume, but it totally slipped my mind, sorry! I'm not familiar with CTRL hold for skipping, I need to look into that. Is that a way to skip things you haven't seen yet? I know TAB is for skipping content you have already seen.

A few other things on the lab questions: The two people behind her in the hallway don't work in a lab, they are both admin/regulatory folks. They are headed to an office. The lab is new in that it was a recent expansion into an unused space at the company as they needed more lab space heading into clinical trials. I've worked in biotech for many years at the bench and this has happened to me personally twice. So she has been there 6 months but she just got moved into a new lab space. Lastly regarding her parents and the lack of libido I had similar potential reservations, but my wife signed off on that so I decided that was enough for me!

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
broiler_x any further information about an Harem path and is MC the only one having sex with the love interests?
I'm rather new to the genre and the terms. I know what harem means classically, but I'm hesitant about speaking about it on here as I'm sure the aficionados will rip me apart for using it incorrectly. What I can say is that the MC will be involved with several of the characters simultaneously (not having sex with multiple characters at the same time, I just mean in sexual relationships with several at the same time). Some of them will know about each other's involvements.

As for MC being the only one having sex with the love interests... I don't want to give too much away. But I will give you some hints: Julian has been introduced for a reason (his involvement is not finalized, but I'm pondering several scenarios). Also, they are working on an experimental libido drug which may produce inconsistent results. You can imagine if there were hyper responders... That's about all I can say.

Just out of curiosity, would you prefer that the MC be the only one having sex with the love interests, or would you like to see others involved?

Monkeeman

Jul 20, 2020
I'm rather new to the genre and the terms. I know what harem means classically, but I'm hesitant about speaking about it on here as I'm sure the aficionados will rip me apart for using it incorrectly. What I can say is that the MC will be involved with several of the characters simultaneously (not having sex with multiple characters at the same time, I just mean in sexual relationships with several at the same time). Some of them will know about each other's involvements.

As for MC being the only one having sex with the love interests... I don't want to give too much away. But I will give you some hints: Julian has been introduced for a reason (his involvement is not finalized, but I'm pondering several scenarios). Also, they are working on an experimental libido drug which may produce inconsistent results. You can imagine if there were hyper responders... That's about all I can say.

Just out of curiosity, would you prefer that the MC be the only one having sex with the love interests, or would you like to see others involved?
I dont mind sharing with women, I don't like sharing with a man in any form and I'd say the mass majority are the same but their are people who like it, so if it's in your game it's best to make it completely avoidable for people like me. You will lose people even if it's avoidable

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021

i prefer the LI' to be exclusive to the mc including lesbian/girl on girls stuff sounds like that may not be an option

broiler_x

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2023
I dont mind sharing with women, I don't like sharing with a man in any form and I'd say the mass majority are the same but their are people who like it, so if it's in your game it's best to make it completely avoidable for people like me. You will lose people even if it's avoidable
I'm more like you as well. Thanks for the insight. No matter which direction I go, some people will like it and some will hate it. But, I'm really glad to hear your feedback!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1709150772008.png

This is the HELP section of the Menu in your game: it states very clearly that usually, in a Ren”Py game, ”Ctrl” = Skips dialogue while held down. Why is your game not working like that? What did you change/cut/forego from the code that neutered the ”Ctrl” function?

1709150895140.png

This is the Preferences section of the Menu in your game. There is a toggle on the collumn from the right side where the header says ”Skip”. You can see the fact that I have toggled to skip both ”Unseen text” and also ”After Choices” - which means that holding ”Ctrl” should skip every dialogue until it hits a transition that I did not toggle as skippable.

I'm not familiar with CTRL hold for skipping, I need to look into that. Is that a way to skip things you haven't seen yet? I know TAB is for skipping content you have already seen.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Ignoring what I would personally like. I will 100% promise you that your experience making an adult game will be significantly better if you just explicitly state if people outside of the MC will have sex on screen.

Scenes between F/F, or M/F who are not the MC are going to have people out in droves, decimating the ratings unless its explicitly stated beforehand.

If you have any intention at all about people that are not the MC having sex, or doing anything sexual at all (even kissing) I would highly suggest adding it in a dev note to the front page. If you waffle back and forth about not knowing what the future has in store, or dont want to spoil anything I guarantee you a shitstorm will happen if that kind of content is added partway through a story without warning.

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022

Only the MC having sex. If there is any lesbian content, make it avoidable or able to turn it off. I'll wait till it's announced what the final decision is, don't want to start playing something then all of a sudden bad stuff gets put in. Waste of time. Always better to announce your planned tags before people start playing so they know what they are getting into

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes