jbon20

Jan 18, 2020
*Sigh* Where do I start?

1. It says, and I quote str8 from the OP, "You'll play as Luke (but you can change his name if you want)", but you actually can't. (Which isn't a deal breaker if it wasn't for the other problems listed below.)

2. The graphics look like something from the mid 2010's, which ain't terrible but...

3. It's clear English isn't the Dev's first, or possibly even second, language because I can barely even decipher what the people are trying to say. (Also not a deal breaker in a lot of games on here but it is for this one.)

4. The grammatical errors extend beyond the language barrier as there's tons of missing or incorrect punctuation, double words and, hell, even the name is wrong somewhere. Is it Sin or Sim?

5. And in the few minutes I could actually stand playing, I had no idea what the plot was or even leading to.

All these problems in just a few mins and this one's a big no thanks for me. Dev should've hired a writer, translator or an English speaking Editor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spider-Venom

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Wow, I didn't even know Drawing My Life got a sequel. I have to do another playthrough before I start this.

As for the name changing stuff, while I get others want to change it. For me, I'm keeping it the same for continuity reasons. As Luke is his canon name from those games. if you've played the first game, you'll know the MC named him that because he was a SWs fanatic. Or was that Davina(I probably spelled her name wrong) that named him Luke? This is why I need to play it again.

Anyway, I'm going to play this. I hope the Dev has more games in this DML universe. While others are put off by the Sims look, I found it enjoyable to play through, personally.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Curious is ntr/swinging/swapping avoidable or forced?
If forced I'll move on if avoidable I'll check it out?

Thank you for your time

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
to switch name copy the text below in to a text file and change the YOURNAME to the name you want, then save it as "vin_customname.rpy" without the " " ofc and place that file in the /game folder (the text have 2 lowercase luke as the old files had a surname that also needed replacing

Code:
init python:
    from collections import OrderedDict
    import re

name_replacements = OrderedDict([
        ("Luke", "Yourname"),
        ("Luke", "Yourname"),
        ("LUKE", "YOURNAME"),

])
    name_replacements_unique = filter(lambda key: key != name_replacements[key], name_replacements.keys())
    name_replacements_re = re.compile("|".join(map(re.escape, name_replacements_unique)))

def replace_text(s):
        return name_replacements_re.sub(lambda match: name_replacements[match.group(0)], s)

if name_replacements_unique:
        config.replace_text = replace_text
i found the file last year on this site in a different tread, sadly i didn't wright down the name of the one posted it so if you recognize it pls let me know so i can credit the author

edit: looks like its a copy/fork of https://f95zone.to/threads/good-girl-gone-bad-custom-names-vinfamy.7020/ this mod but yeah tnx to him/her or someone ells that posted it somewhere ells

Last edited:

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
*Sigh* Where do I start?

1. It says, and I quote str8 from the OP, "You'll play as Luke (but you can change his name if you want)", but you actually can't. (Which isn't a deal breaker if it wasn't for the other problems listed below.)

2. The graphics look like something from the mid 2010's, which ain't terrible but...

3. It's clear English isn't the Dev's first, or possibly even second, language because I can barely even decipher what the people are trying to say. (Also not a deal breaker in a lot of games on here but it is for this one.)

4. The grammatical errors extend beyond the language barrier as there's tons of missing or incorrect punctuation, double words and, hell, even the name is wrong somewhere. Is it Sin or Sim?

5. And in the few minutes I could actually stand playing, I had no idea what the plot was or even leading to.

All these problems in just a few mins and this one's a big no thanks for me. Dev should've hired a writer, translator or an English speaking Editor.
no versatility, either.