Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Another preview for you guys.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Spent nearly 2 days trying to get the lighting right on this piece of crap... Still not satisfied, but it'll have to do for now.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017

Spent nearly 2 days trying to get the lighting right on this piece of crap... Still not satisfied, but it'll have to do for now.
I feel your pain on the lighting. I put that lower on the priority list and figured I would complete things then go back and do a George Lucas on the whole game if I was able to complete the story. Lighting is a bitch. Yours looks good to me through, bro

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I feel your pain on the lighting. I put that lower on the priority list and figured I would complete things then go back and do a George Lucas on the whole game if I was able to complete the story. Lighting is a bitch. Yours looks good to me through, bro
Yeah, lighting is the hardest part in setting up a scene and it's also the thing that breathes the most life into it.

The lighting in that scene is good enough, I just have that annoying feeling that it could be better.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I was on the fence with the 4th wall, but I do understand the comedic relief to keep certain situations from being sooo depressing they're monotonous... too much drama is just as bad as too much comedy. 4th wall aside, the game is well written, the characters are believable, the story is interesting, though I agree with the MC the terminal illness is a little cliche (not that I can say much, I'm writing a book with a similar premise... >.>) I will definitely keep this on my watch list and play the subsequent updates, I think you have some potential here, I'd like to see where it goes

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I was on the fence with the 4th wall, but I do understand the comedic relief to keep certain situations from being sooo depressing they're monotonous... too much drama is just as bad as too much comedy. 4th wall aside, the game is well written, the characters are believable, the story is interesting, though I agree with the MC the terminal illness is a little cliche (not that I can say much, I'm writing a book with a similar premise... >.>) I will definitely keep this on my watch list and play the subsequent updates, I think you have some potential here, I'd like to see where it goes
Thank you! Your input is really appreciated and motivates me to keep going on!

If you keep following the game you'll see that I like to poke fun at the various clichés this kind of story has.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
One more preview for you guys, as I'm working on the scenes for the next update! This time you gotta meet someone very special.

Next update's development is going steady, so I wanted you guys to meet Linda. She's the first girl you'll know at your new town, a free spirited person with an upbeat personality, always ready to lend you a helping hand (if you catch my meaning).

Reactions: Loveless07

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
What's the point of the screenshots when there is literally only one picture of a girl in it?
You didn't really read the description, did you?

Anyway, all the pics are from the current game version, so I don't really have any smut scene to share yet.

But don't worry, next version I'll update the screenshots so they don't show just a bunch of dudes.

One thing tho, if you read the description on my Patreon you'll know that this game has a slow progression story, so don't expect loads of girls (at least not yet).

All in all, have fun! :)

Reactions: DavidTurner

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

This was done entirely in Honey Select, no photoshop on this one.

Gotta admit... I was genuinelly impressed with how the lighting in that scene came out.

I'm now halfway through the scenes needed for the next update.

See you guys next time!

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
will there be animations?
As of now, no.

I'm still not really confortable with animations in HS (all the clipping triggers my OCD on every possible level, lol).

I can't promisse anything on that, but maybe in the future, when I'm more comfortable with it...

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm kinda silent lately because I've been working on Linda's house, I didn't want to use stock maps for it, so I'm building it all from scratch, room by room, wall by wall, placing furniture manually and all that. I may even venture myself in moding HS to try and port some custom models. Sometimes even I think I pay too much attention to detail...

It's getting there tho, I just need to finish the kitchen and build the two bedrooms, and that'll be easy... Well, easier than the living room at least...

Tell you what, when I get home in a couple of hours I'll post a preview of the living room to give you guys a feel of how it will look like.

Reactions: necronovelist

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Here's some previews of my work in progress on Linda's house, for now I'll show you guys the living room.

While this is pretty much finished, this is still a work in progress, some things are subject to change (namely the sofas as I don't really like them). I'll also change the paintings on the wall to show pictures of Linda and her family.

Reactions: necronovelist

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Here's some previews of my work in progress on Linda's house, for now I'll show you guys the living room.

While this is pretty much finished, this is still a work in progress, some things are subject to change (namely the sofas as I don't really like them). I'll also change the paintings on the wall to show pictures of Linda and her family.
It looks really good, man. I'll admit to using some stock stuff in my game but that's because I suck at the technical aspect and am better with the writing. I'm still following your project and I appreciate you attention to detail. While (and I mentioned this before) the writing style took some getting used to, I'm anxious to see where you're actually taking your story. We started our projects around the same time so it kinda feels like we're in the freshmen class together :p

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
It looks really good, man. I'll admit to using some stock stuff in my game but that's because I suck at the technical aspect and am better with the writing. I'm still following your project and I appreciate you attention to detail. While (and I mentioned this before) the writing style took some getting used to, I'm anxious to see where you're actually taking your story. We started our projects around the same time so it kinda feels like we're in the freshmen class together :p
Haha, you got it!

Now I'm almost finished porting some furniture models into HS so I can finish the kitchen and bedrooms and do the remaining scenes there.

I guess this update will get a little delayed... Hmm... I should make a post about it on my patreon...

Reactions: Taithach
4.10 star(s) 98 Votes