Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
You guys are free to join my Discord any time, just ask me for an invite via PM.

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I don't mind HS, it makes it feel like a Korean Soap opera. Geez I wish they would have a better-looking penises. It just doesn't look realistic, and the females are like wow thats a big one, but the other dudes have the same one. They look like a sonic foot long with glans thrown on top. Just breaks the immersion. Not any fault of your own, just wish there were other models. Here I am the MC supposed to be God's answer to all those lonely females and this other bad guy has the same junk and she says "oh you could never satisfy me like MC could" lol. Anyways good luck.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I don't mind HS, it makes it feel like a Korean Soap opera. Geez I wish they would have a better-looking penises. It just doesn't look realistic, and the females are like wow thats a big one, but the other dudes have the same one. They look like a sonic foot long with glans thrown on top. Just breaks the immersion. Not any fault of your own, just wish there were other models. Here I am the MC supposed to be God's answer to all those lonely females and this other bad guy has the same junk and she says "oh you could never satisfy me like MC could" lol. Anyways good luck.
Haha, I know the feel...

Luckily there's a mod that adds "penis replacements" and you can scale them (making infinitely diferent dick sizes).

The con is that they don't look that good on animated scenes...

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
As of now, v0.01 DOESN'T HAVE ANY SEX SCENES, or sexy scenes on that matter... It just serves as the protagonist's introduction (a long-ass boring one) and a little background on the events that are to unfold.
havent test the game yet but, i will give you poinst for honesty.:FeelsGoodMan:

Loveless07

May 26, 2017
@Lykanz a quick question... so far we've only seen the girl in the bar, is she going to be a possible love interest for the mc later on in the game ? I mean we haven't got to know her yet.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
@Lykanz a quick question... so far we've only seen the girl in the bar, is she going to be a possible love interest for the mc later on in the game ? I mean we haven't got to know her yet.
Let's just say this wasn't the last time we saw her... Or that douche at the bar...

Reactions: Loveless07

Sinndallas

SD
Donor
Aug 7, 2017
@Lykanz What are you expecting your release schedule to be like? I might have missed it because I'm tired but I didn't see any mention on your patreon page. Also, if you have a discord already you should just make it one of your patreon rewards to join in. Anyways, I liked the 4th wall bits but it's good that you said they're getting a bit toned down or at least become less frequent. Sometimes too much Deadpool just isn't great.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
@Lykanz What are you expecting your release schedule to be like?
I'm aiming for monthly releases and maybe, if I have enough free time, biweekly (although I can't make any promisses on that).

I might have missed it because I'm tired but I didn't see any mention on your patreon page.
You didn't, I really forgot to put that there. Will fix it ASAP.

Also, if you have a discord already you should just make it one of your patreon rewards to join in.
I'd rather not. If I offer access to discord as reward, my server will be bound to patreon's rules, and I won't be able to post anything I want there. (I think you know where I'm going with that)

Anyways, I liked the 4th wall bits but it's good that you said they're getting a bit toned down or at least become less frequent. Sometimes too much Deadpool just isn't great.
Haha, yeah. There are some interactions with the writer here and ther, they are just not THAT frequent as it was untill now.

Anyway, I'm glad you like it so far. I'm actually working on day 6 right now, expect some teasers soon.

Reactions: Sinndallas

Kudram

Dec 26, 2017
"No sexual content yet" "1500 tags".

Out of curiosity, isn't it a better idea to add tags when they're actually a part of the game? At the rate most games develop, it might be another couple years before half these tags even materialise.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
"No sexual content yet" "1500 tags".

Out of curiosity, isn't it a better idea to add tags when they're actually a part of the game? At the rate most games develop, it might be another couple years before half these tags even materialise.
Most of these tags are planned content. Even so, they are kinda like the bread and butter of erotic games. :D

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
As a budding developer, I can appreciate the struggles of early launches and feedback. Heh, god knows my poor game has gotten roasted a few times. I tend to have a pretty well-rounded sense of humor (mostly sarcasm) and can appreciate most. However, the talking to the writer seemed a bit much, imo. I actually considered having one of my characters do this at one point then changed by mind. I can appreciate the humor of it but like anything, don't overdo it or it loses its touch.

Given that I tend to like the dudes in the games here more than the girls, I can appreciate the early shower scenes. For the love of God, thank you for putting pubic hair on your MC! I'm seriously tired of bald dicks. I also liked that you used a different model than most, it's not just the typical overused white guy.

I'm gonna keep an eye on it and see how it plays out

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
As a budding developer, I can appreciate the struggles of early launches and feedback. Heh, god knows my poor game has gotten roasted a few times. I tend to have a pretty well-rounded sense of humor (mostly sarcasm) and can appreciate most. However, the talking to the writer seemed a bit much, imo. I actually considered having one of my characters do this at one point then changed by mind. I can appreciate the humor of it but like anything, don't overdo it or it loses its touch.

Given that I tend to like the dudes in the games here more than the girls, I can appreciate the early shower scenes. For the love of God, thank you for putting pubic hair on your MC! I'm seriously tired of bald dicks. I also liked that you used a different model than most, it's not just the typical overused white guy.

I'm gonna keep an eye on it and see how it plays out
Hey man, thank you so much! Your game is great, I've played a few versions of it, the story is solid and renders are really good!

Regarding the Writer interactions, they do get a toned down a bit further on. He still shows up every now and then (usually when there's a cliché or something is just too out of the ordinary). I must admit tho, sometimes even I think the interactions are too much, that's why I gradually toned him down. Also, as much as it appears otherwise, his relationship with MC isn't bad, they don't hate each other, the Writer just likes to pick fun on MC which sometimes (most of the time) doesn't really have the patience to put up with his bullshit.

And about the Main Character's model, well... I tried my best to make him unique, but there only so much one can do with males on Honey Select... Our options are VERY limited when it comes to males. I even considered building him around a female base model (yep, that's doable in HS), but scratched that as I feared he would appear to... Androgynous? Not that it would be a bad thing, mind you, it just wouldn't fit his persona and backstory.

I also try to give him some personality, contrary to the soulless body atached to a humongous dick that we have in most games.

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hey man, thank you so much! Your game is great, I've played a few versions of it, the story is solid and renders are really good!

Regarding the Writer interactions, they do get a toned down a bit further on. He still shows up every now and then (usually when there's a cliché or something is just too out of the ordinary). I must admit tho, sometimes even I think the interactions are too much, that's why I gradually toned him down. Also, as much as it appears otherwise, his relationship with MC isn't bad, they don't hate each other, the Writer just likes to pick fun on MC which sometimes (most of the time) doesn't really have the patience to put up with his bullshit.

And about the Main Character's model, well... I tried my best to make him unique, but there only so much one can do with males on Honey Select... Our options are VERY limited when it comes to males. I even considered building him around a female base model (yep, that's doable in HS), but scratched that as I feared he would appear to... Androgynous? Not that it would be a bad thing, mind you, it just wouldn't fit his persona and backstory.

I also try to give him some personality, contrary to the soulless body attached to a humongous dick that we have in most games.
Heh, Wow..small world. I didn't think anyone played my game :p
But thanks :) It's still going, I guess. One thing I've found myself doing is going back and rereading things..then I notice things are a bit much. For example, on my game the initial point grind,which is somehow popular in other games, was looked at unfavorabley in mine. While initially, I was a bit salty that others could get away with it, I found myself agreeing with them after I ran through and reread it myself. Shit was annoying af. I feel like (and this is more of a personal thing if you've played through my game) if the dialogue is natural, you can basically get away with anything. I feel like if you have natural dialogue between the writer and MC, and it improves the story or gives insight into the character, it may feel more in place. Like, if the writer pokes fun at the MC but then there is something disclosed, even if it is a minor personality trait, there's a secondary reason, beyond humor, for the interaction. That way there's multiple reasons to justify it. Those people that don't like the humor may appreciate the character development, others may see the humor and nothing else, etc. Not that I have much experience...my ass is new af to this writing thing :) I"ll follow your stuff though and check it out more. Plus, I appreciate that you checked my game out. Good luck, man.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Heh, Wow..small world. I didn't think anyone played my game :p
But thanks :) It's still going, I guess. One thing I've found myself doing is going back and rereading things..then I notice things are a bit much. For example, on my game the initial point grind,which is somehow popular in other games, was looked at unfavorabley in mine. While initially, I was a bit salty that others could get away with it, I found myself agreeing with them after I ran through and reread it myself. Shit was annoying af. I feel like (and this is more of a personal thing if you've played through my game) if the dialogue is natural, you can basically get away with anything. I feel like if you have natural dialogue between the writer and MC, and it improves the story or gives insight into the character, it may feel more in place. Like, if the writer pokes fun at the MC but then there is something disclosed, even if it is a minor personality trait, there's a secondary reason, beyond humor, for the interaction. That way there's multiple reasons to justify it. Those people that don't like the humor may appreciate the character development, others may see the humor and nothing else, etc. Not that I have much experience...my ass is new af to this writing thing :) I"ll follow your stuff though and check it out more. Plus, I appreciate that you checked my game out. Good luck, man.
Heh, yeah... I reread my script for Chapter 1 a couple of times, even took some things out that I judged unecessary and added some other things that I felt were lacking.

Believe me the Writer/MC thing was even worse on the first draft (actually, the plot was kinda centered around it). The thing is, it may be my sense of humour that's "exotic", but I really thought it was a good compromise. xD

I guess we brazilians do have a different sense of humour...

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention that here (in the patreon too now that I think about it) that the plot is more a satire of the genre (western VN) than anything else. Maybe that's why people are find it kinda strange and over the top. It kinda motivates me to keep doing it...

And yeah, I think quite a few people played your game, the thing is that the majority of WEG players are heterossexual males.

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes