VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Hotel Manager [v0.3a] [FTB Software]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Well well well,

it needs a tag "weird", maybe "weird, in a good way".
I have laughed a lot. I like the animations, very sexy, and the characters. Very hot, also, the slave-proxy-sex-thing. Good ideas, nice execution. Did I mention weird? Oh, and and also ominous.
Of course, it is almost a VN, and not a game. You may walk around amd order the tasks by yourself, but I felt plot-railed very much. I don't see this a bad thing, just maybe an error in label.
So, please, more of weird this game. May I add that "the all-you-can-shag Hotel" may have been also a good title?

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Errors all over the place, Not a stable version for me.
Works completly fine for me. Did you start new or did you have an old save game?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny update but i get this weird feeling that we'll soon find out that we are dating and fucking with aliens...lol
Edit: I already like Lucy's sister a lot.

mamlas55

May 16, 2018
Too bad developer :-( I found next error :

AttributeError: 'storyClass' object has no attribute 'spanked'

:mad:

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Too bad developer :-( I found next error :

AttributeError: 'storyClass' object has no attribute 'spanked'

:mad:
IF you would be able to read this thread, you would know that there is one or more major bugs that the DEVELOPER already pointed out. But you know what? I don't have any problems...funny huh?

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Works completly fine for me. Did you start new or did you have an old save game?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny update but i get this weird feeling that we'll soon find out that we are dating and fucking with aliens...lol
Edit: I already like Lucy's sister a lot.
First time ever playing the game, so no previous saves possible. Crashes right in the beginning when it fades to back indicating you're going home. Fixed it by redoing the stories.rpy file and starting a new game.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
First time ever playing the game, so no previous saves possible. Crashes right in the beginning when it fades to back indicating you're going home. Fixed it by redoing the stories.rpy file and starting a new game.
Ah thats why. The dev pointed out that there is a problem and he has to fix it because people can't start a new game at the moment, but if you could fix it yourself even better. Enjoy the game.

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
1st time playing this game and have to say that i'm hooked. Great graphics, hot women, killer animations, lots of different personalities for the women. Can't wait for the error fix patch or just a new version that fixes them. Don't know what i'm missing if anything at all. Errors to me are a gimme/ to be expected sense we are pretty much the masters of beta testing *puffs out chest and says, i'm proud to be a master beta / tester* lol

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
Hey guys,

I've got the same errors a shown in previous comments.
AttributeError: 'storyClass' object has no attribute 'counter'

If you don'!t wait to fix, try this:
- delete file stories.rpyc in games subdirectiry
- copy attached stories.rpy View attachment 197283 !! You must rename downloaded file to stories.rpy !

- once run exe = stories.rpy will be recompiled and some error wil maybe shown(no matter)
- run exe again e voilá game work
- Yo must startt a NEW game, because ..counter and agendfa isn't saved in previously runned games

but there is similar error, what I may not be corrected right, because I don't know witch type must attribute .agenda to be :-(

AttributeError: 'storyClass' object has no attribute 'agenda'
games subdirectiry is not a thing. also checked every folder in this game and there is no stories.rpyc

Vamori

Oct 19, 2018
Ok, iam dumb, help pls how can i trigger v0.3 content? Reached end of the story for all charecters, also 100% hotel income and nothing happens...

sickkid89

Nov 1, 2018
holy mother of god. christine is like the hottest daz render i ever seen. and the facial expression tho. top of the game! can't wait for more updates!

Gabriel0316

Sep 13, 2018
What is the point of 2Gb files for not such a long and full story, I mean there are ~700 files in the picture gallery and some png's have more than 4Mb per file, unless this game is intended to be played on a 2 meters UHD tv standing close to it, there's no point. Dev shall put all pics in a PS ( adobe photoshop ) script and resize them. For example :

Original Image - 4Mb

sophie3_on_lap_talking1.png

Editing Reducing.jpg

Result - 900 Kb file fWeb.png

Can anyone see some difference between the 4Mb file and the 900Kb ? ( picture 1 and 3 )

When the game will be completed, there will be like 10Gb in total ?

Not mentioning the game crashes every time I go home...maybe it's just me, dunno.

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
0.3a is now up on my Patreon page.

This should hopefully fix the backtraces and Mothers groundhog day.

If you did hit a backtrace problem then I am afraid any saves from those games are useless and you will have to start a new game. Very sorry about that.

Everybody who has met mother will have to meet her one more time in 0.3a (or wait for 0.4) then she should stop bothering you. For the moment ...

Just wanted to apologise for the issues with this release due to a lacking of testing and some general incompetance on my part. If anybody hits anything else with 0.3a then post a save and I will try and get it fixed asap.

Big Soz

Reactions: Floga

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Dev shall put all pics in a PS ( adobe photoshop ) script and resize them
I do provide a compressed version of the game which is only 130Mb but I use Image Magick to do the compression (I don't own a copy of Photoshop) and that leaves some artifacts on the converted images occasionally.

So, I provide the originals for people who like to stand close to their 2 meters UHD tvs as a courtesy. If you have a problem with the compressed version of the game for some reason let me know and I will try and fix it. Or, if you can provide me an image magick command to compress these images without noticible distortion then I will stop uploading the originals as that obviously bothers you.

Reactions: Gabriel0316

Gabriel0316

Sep 13, 2018
No, you got me wrong here...I don't mind the big version if it worth the size. Maybe I will use the game on a big ass TV, not this is the point.

For example instead of using PNG for the full screen images ( like the one posted by me ) you can use JPG wiht higher quality setting and stick to PNG only for those who need transparency. Indeed I am not a coder and I don't know if jpg will work or not, but even so, those pictures above are all png, can you tell the difference between first and third pic ? Maybe on a big ass tv there will be slightly loss of quality, but I think most of us are playing these games average on a normal 24" monitor. Ofcourse I don't mind that you put the untouched version, this is not the point, just trying to help, as a user of this forum I see a lot of people asking for compressed versions of games.

I am using PS and can't tell if there's any other tool out there to do the "magic".
Now I am running a script to convert all the pictures into jpg ( can't tell the difference between original ones and ) and I will rar them and put on a mega link, If you want you can download it to see. Please note that I've put the whole content of the folder in script, so images with transparency shall be with no transparency ( png->jpg ), did not stayed to sort them all..just a test :)

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Now I am running a script to convert all the pictures into jpg
My first release of the game used jpg which was fine except for the transparency issues which made my life a pain. This is one reason why I switched to webp. The other is the much better compression of webp.

If I could find a free tool to reliably do the conversion from png to webp without issue then I would be a happy bunny. Anybody got any suggestions? Any other dev's can reveal their secrets?

Gabriel0316

Sep 13, 2018
You can still use jpg and only few png's when transparency is demanded. Or png saved for web.
But yes, I saw a lot of games compressed in webp with no visible quality difference with a 4mb png file.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
If I could find a free tool to reliably do the conversion from png to webp without issue then I would be a happy bunny. Anybody got any suggestions? Any other dev's can reveal their secrets?
We got this tool fo @bossapplesauce
or you can ask him.

Reactions: bas
4.40 star(s) 8 Votes