VN Ren'Py The Gilded Ladder [v0.1.4] [Sanguineangie]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
The real question here is what's Chrissy's preferred role?
I plan to have her top or bottom based on your choices.

Im pretty sure we would have seen Xhiangs dick in the poses considering she wasn't wearing underwear but the confusion I guess was that you wrote freeballing instead of freemuffing
Good point, I should change that line. I didn't know freemuffing was a phrase, haha.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Try reading the O.P.
"Romance options include straight, gay, and trans, with the ability to particpate/avoid as you wish." Is this what you meant? This is NOT a list of Planned Tags. And in the DN, the only thing there is Planned LOCATIONS, not Tags.

Maybe YOU should read the OP.

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
"Romance options include straight, gay, and trans, with the ability to particpate/avoid as you wish." Is this what you meant? This is NOT a list of Planned Tags. And in the DN, the only thing there is Planned LOCATIONS, not Tags.

Maybe YOU should read the OP.
Hi, the planned tags are with the current tags in the genre spoiler.

Reactions: KnuckleDragger79

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Looks nice, peeping images a tad too dark. The last choice that doesn't let us save, bad form.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Im pretty sure we would have seen Xhiangs dick in the poses considering she wasn't wearing underwear but the confusion I guess was that you wrote freeballing instead of freemuffing
The grain in the images plus a strategically placed ankle meant I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be seeing, and then the "freeballin'" line seemed to confirm it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sanguineangie

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
Looks nice, peeping images a tad too dark. The last choice that doesn't let us save, bad form.
Maybe the stalls are a bit too dark at my work :p. It was tough to get the lighting setup for that sequence. I didn't want to have it as bright as it is outside the stall, but with the door closed, the default lighting made it pitch black. I can bump it up a bit.

Lots of tags which interest me. Will probably wait for an update or two. Definitely watching it's progress. Good luck, Dev!
Thanks! Yeah, not surprised by the feedback. Version 0.2 should "quickly" follow!

Huh, I thought that April would be a femboy-trap character. Guess I was wrong?
She was not planned to be a femboy-trap character.

The grain in the images plus a strategically placed ankle meant I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be seeing, and then the "freeballin'" line seemed to confirm it.

Yeah, I can see how I accidentally set that up but that was not my intention. Good catch, I will change the script there a bit.

Comproser

Nov 6, 2020
Agreed. I am an Agile practicioner, so maybe my Minimum Viable Product was a little too light. I am wrestling with whether to go with a Sandbox or keep it linear. I am being very cautious about a sandbox, because the ones I have played get very grindy with little payoff. Maybe if I can find a good balance.
Fair enough. You've expressed a presference for sandbox yourself, and that's what I would go with as well. If, as you say, you can balance it. I'd say the more people there are in the game, the more value the sandbox has in letting you peruse the content with the charactres you like, rather than just skipping past dozens of scenes for characters you're less focused on. The main thing is getting a decent core loop going, with enough variety/breaks in it that it doesn't get repetitive. And making sure there aren't too many menus to have to click through as well, I guess.

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
So the graininess issue has been driving me crazy, but I think I have a solution with a post-processing algorithm. This process also did wonders for the low-light scenes. I am leaning to improving the facial expressions and running this algorithm after, making some new scenes, and then releasing a v0.2.

Feel free to follow along on Patreon (link in OP) for further improvements and thanks for the feedback!

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
Hi all, as I was working on v0.2, I decided to release v0.1.1, which addresses most of the feedback on this forum, and has some new scenes of the main character taking the subway instead of the black screens that were in v0.1. Follow my Patreon page for updates!

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
commenting to keep track of this. This looks really promising with the future tags, but since those are "future" I'll wait and see how this goes for now. I wish the dev good luck though, I'm really intrigued to see how this game goes (but for now looks like you're working on the back end stuff, so even more so, good luck)

sanguineangie

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2021
Don't play or skip the scene then. I am not gay, but I can appreciate that some people want to see two dudes going at it. #Fragile

commenting to keep track of this. This looks really promising with the future tags, but since those are "future" I'll wait and see how this goes for now. I wish the dev good luck though, I'm really intrigued to see how this game goes (but for now looks like you're working on the back end stuff, so even more so, good luck)
Thanks Sorreah, really appreciate the enthusiasm. With the scenes that I have planned for v0.2, you should see the following planned tags come to life: Anal Sex , Futa/Trans , Gay , Groping , Handjob , Interracial. These for sure, and likely more.

No new content this time I see but the renders look alot better now do good job on that dev.
Looking forward to fun with Chrissy(y)
The scenes that were black screens when MC left work and then came back now show him using the subway to travel and another character is found.

Pretty good so far, I hope the developer adds animation
My vid card is not the greatest. I would like to, but it would be quite intense for current setup. I may treat myself to a better card for Christmas and/or if Patreon picks up. I am hoping that v0.2 shows enough promise that I may be able to get a few backers, understanding the first version was not enough. The scene that I made with Chrissy I would love to animate (no one has seen the scene yet, unless they are on my Discord). Thanks for the feedback!

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes