VN - Ren'Py - The Gilded Ladder [v0.1.4] [Sanguineangie]

1. 5.00 star(s)

jose canseco

I've played through this game about 5 times and I just can't get enough. Soumya Xhiang Divya and chrissy 4 life. I just want moreeeeee. great story, interactions, love it. Can't wait to see what you have planned next.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

VivaLaPutin

Great renders well written, great line up of different characters. I really like the new thick girl and chrissy. Good amount of content in each update, and the choices. highly recommend this to anyone!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

velqro

0 content, not worth it for it seems like another 4 years lol, not sure why this would be posted and theres barely anything at all. Its a glorified demo. graphics ok, grammar is good. but beware of zero content besides one or two scenes.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

aniki_math

I like where this game is going, it's touching all the type of action I like in game. The only negative I got here is that I'm looking for more!! The updates are 1-2 minutes of extra gameplay. I'm thinking it's either because they're looking for added fund to get their groove going and I wish them the best. At this point I'll wait a solid year of developpement to get a much deeper play through.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

FatGiant

=== Graphics ===

I see several comments about grainy images, maybe it was fixed in the meantime, because I didn't detect any.
    The models are ... enough. Not that interesting, but not too bad. The only ones that stand out are Chrissy and Divya. The rest are run-of-the-mill. It can be excused for a 1st project and beginner Dev.

Someone above mentioned the facial expressions, it is indeed a problem. The faces look more the result of caricatures than "persons". To the Dev, go a LOT easier on the sliders, really a LOT easier.

=== Story ===

What little there is, isn't too bad, but, at the same time, not really intriguing or suggestive enough to "grab" me. I may play the next release, if it continues this way, I may even forget that this game exists.

The only time anything interesting happens (and it is almost NOTHING) is in the day dreaming sequences. By the way, you should warn that you can only see one, unless you go back or do save scumming, this is NOT a good omen of what's to come, because without warning you lock content that will make us resort to trickery to unlock. Not a good option and to be honest decreases my trust in you as a Dev.

The tone is so far very much into sex adventures in an office. I assume this may be considered riveting, but, it is also very much done and done. I know, we are in early stages. Yet, if you don't know that the first page of a story MUST make us want to read the second one, then I really don't know if you can take this further.

You may consider to tone down April aggressiveness, also consider to tone down Kelly excessive flirting ( she comes across as a sex addict, nothing wrong with that if it's the intention ).

Of this cast of characters, the only one that actually made any strides into being interesting is Xhiang. Why? Because she was brief and detached. The rest, well, could disappear in a cloud of smoke.

I will NOT consider anything seen in the Daydream scenes. I really hope that this was the only time that such thing is used in the game. Not only it doesn't advance any part of the plot, they are completely meaningless.

=== Game ===

- The overly large White text box, should GO to hell in a hand basket. Ugly. Pointless.
    - The daydream sequences should go back to the choice menu in the end and have a "Continue" option in the bottom. There's no objective reason to only play one. Especially since the choice is meaningless.
    - End of content MUST be marked as such. Just a Dev logo isn't enough. Warn the players. Communicate.

=== End Notes ===

Not a great start, but a real good effort.

It needs more depth, some similarity of a story, that isn't just a sequencer for sex scenes.

At this point, ver. 1.1, there isn't much to be positive about. There are some worrying signals in the way some choices are implemented (Day Dream) with the intention to lock content. Apparently the "Play multiple times" mentality is motivating this. While at the same time, not giving ANY reason to play more than once.

To be clear: Make the choices MEAN something. Just having them to escape the Kinetic Novel Tag is even worse. I'd rather play a KN than have locking content choices that mean nothing.

The LAST image, or the End of Content Warning, MUST be clear. Let's hope that your next version don't make me thankful that you didn't give me a warning to Save.

Veredict: 2,5 * (It goes to 3, because 2 is unfair)

(It should be lower, but, this is me hoping it gets better)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Bobbyboy48

This one was a bit short but what was there was nicely written and enjoyable. I like that there are a lot of kinks being set up and looks like there will be a bit of something for everyone. The renders are decent quality although you can see these were made by someone who is just learning. Dev if you read this, you can remove the black from the corners of the eyes phenomenon by changing "optimization" from "auto" to "speed" or "memory" in the render settings. I noticed this on at least one or two renders. Overall though, it made an impression on me and I'll definitely check out future releases.