Mod Ren'Py Abandoned The Gift Reloaded: Avoiding NTR [v0.04] [Charolastra]

YFeyn

Mar 12, 2017
I also get an error when using UnRens third function in both Superpowerded and The Gift reloaded but it enabled the develepor console just fine, will keep on trying aroung but a restart did not work so far.

EDIT: Ok so I can not seem to get it to work right now so I will try again tomorrow but in the meantime I would like to ask if something like having the system locale set to Japanese or having the game on a different hard drive would affect if the tool works.

Last edited:

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017
Well now i am sure the error was not mine MR.ZZ already found it, so if you have a problem replace this file its already modded and fix it

"Mr.ZZ
Found the error, there was a typo in the code. Copy this file into the games main directory and override the existing one: "

Last edited:

james_97

Jun 14, 2017
Also, each time I try to start the game after I apply the mod, I get a error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\main.py", line 430, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\script.py", line 890, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2543, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 179, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\game.py", line 280, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 43, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\TheGiftReloaded-V0.03-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2519, in interact
i()
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
The Gift Reloaded 0.03 1.0
how did you fix it i'm having the same issue

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
What's the point of not having Lara do sexual favors to the married guy?
It's a one time thing(she's even following your orders). You should have in mind that the goal of the main protagonist is more important(to sell the mansion to keep his job). Additionally, I think that scene is a must, because that way Susan can divorce that douchebag and receive a huge settlement, and when she comes back during a next version, you could probably enslave her and keep her part of the divorce settlement.(which would probably be an obscene amount of money)

Slicks

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks! I fully agree with your sentiment. I didn't even know stuff like this could be changed with a few tweaks to a few files, so this is a very pleasant surprise for me. Appreciate the effort you put into this mod.

LOL32

Dec 13, 2016
What is the folder where I should put the files?
In any folder there are files named as mod files files
------------------------------------
I already did it apparently the instructions are for another version of unren.bat

It works well!

Last edited:

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
The instructions for installing this mod should be a little more in depth, I normally have no problem figuring things out on my own. But for some reason I could not figure out how to install before I started, or maybe I did and I just don't know it's working yet. We'll see, either way could someone explain in better please.

Reactions: LOL32

LOL32

Dec 13, 2016
The instructions for installing this mod should be a little more in depth, I normally have no problem figuring things out on my own. But for some reason I could not figure out how to install before I started, or maybe I did and I just don't know it's working yet. We'll see, either way could someone explain in better please.
you need unren.bat
place it in the main folder with the exe.start unren and press 9.close it when finishes.
extract the mod and place the files in game folder.
play

Reactions: omegashrn

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
you need unren.bat
place it in the main folder with the exe.start unren and press 9.close it when finishes.
extract the mod and place the files in game folder.
play
I believe I got it to work the right way, but when I tried to use the unren in the folder with the exe it wouldn't do anything. But using it in the /game folder did, then I placed the mod in there and didn't encounter anything I didn't wanna see.

LOL32

Dec 13, 2016
I believe I got it to work the right way, but when I tried to use the unren in the folder with the exe it wouldn't do anything. But using it in the /game folder did, then I placed the mod in there and didn't encounter anything I didn't wanna see.
If copying the files of the mod,windows asked you to replace, you did well

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
So... what do I do if there is only a char_examine.rpy but no char_examine.rpyc? There is a un.rpyc already, so repeating the steps doesn't help.
I agree with you, IDK if OP's message got messed up due to ESL (english as a second langauge) but there is something not right. The only way to get the .rpyc (renpyCompiled) files is to extract the .rpa (renpyArchive) which will output the .rpyc files. This can obviously be done with unren.bat. To get the uncompiled .rpy (renpy script file) unren.bat is also used.

Now I thought you had to actually use the renpy development software to play without having compiled the script files, let alone repackaging them into the .rpa files.

Guess we'll see but as this is my first time playing I have no idea how to tell if the changes are working...