Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
I've mentioned it before, but I'm similarly not a fan of my character automatically deciding to drink alcohol. It'd be one thing if she accidentally drank or was tricked into doing so or something, but it's an entirely different thing when my character just decides out of the blue to engage in behaviors that I have never had her do even once before. I quite like The Fixer as a sandbox-type game (currently, I'd place it as my second favorite behind DoL), but I feel a lot of the older dialogue and the mechanisms surrounding them are very messy (even textually) and a bit wonky in their current implementation, and there probably needs to be a fresh set of eyes going back over them and making some tweaks to how the main character does or doesn't decide to do certain things at some point (and/or just put a little more control in the hands of the player, even if it means manually making more decisions through prompts). The developer certainly has a lot of fun ideas, but it kind of seems like they usually have their hands in too many pots at once. Switching between working on like ten different things at once is probably more mentally stimulating than just grinding through and trying to "complete" one or two things, never mind the tedium of re-examining and cleaning up old work, so I get it when you're just a one-man developer, but it seems like there's too much that never actually gets fully completed/realized (or even used at all), and that's not really ideal.

Last edited:

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
I really wish the game wouldn't rely on RNG as much as it does. Personally, I would like to see more player agency when it comes to these things. Unfortunately, the game likes to do the opposite like when you get certain traits it no longer lets you make certain choices. When you have the creampie lover trait you can no longer pick where you want the guy to cum which would be OK if they would always go for a creampie but for some reason, Sammy constantly asks the guys to cum somewhere else WHY? But because of the trait, you can't do anything about it unless you roll back save and reload.
The guy cumming elsewhere when you ask for inside is a bug I recently found with prostitution sex triggering the pullout scenes instead.

Also with the example of soccer boys dp/train mentioned. It's a lot less RNG and more to do with their desire stats. They aren't going to jump Sammy like that if they are not horny. All characters have a 3 hour cool down before they can get horny again and need to actively speak with a sexy Sammy to get higher horny levels. A low allure Sammy can reduce horny.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm similarly not a fan of my character automatically deciding to drink alcohol. It'd be one thing if she accidentally drank or was tricked into doing so or something, but it's an entirely different thing when my character just decides out of the blue to engage in behaviors that I have never had her do even once before. I quite like The Fixer as a sandbox-type game (currently, I'd place it as my second favorite behind DoL), but I feel a lot of the older dialogue and the mechanisms surrounding them are very messy (even textually) and a bit wonky in their current implementation, and there probably needs to be a fresh set of eyes going back over them and making some tweaks to how the main character does or doesn't decide to do certain things at some point (and/or just put a little more control in the hands of the player, even if it means manually making more decisions through prompts). The developer certainly has a lot of fun ideas, but it kind of seems like they usually have their hands in too many pots at once. Switching between working on like ten different things at once is probably more mentally stimulating than just grinding through and trying to "complete" one or two things, never mind the tedium of re-examining and cleaning up old work, so I get it when you're just a one-man developer, but it seems like there's too much that never actually gets fully completed/realized (or even used at all), and that's not really ideal.
I am not sure of any instance where Sammy does something "out of the blue". The drinking example is because her happiness is rock bottom so she does something herself to fix it. Same as if she is ready to pass out and not close to home, she will take wake-up instead of sleeping in the bushes.

Sammy was never intended to give player full control and more like a tamagotchi where if you don't fulfill her needs, she will do it instead.

Also where do you feel things have gone wonky over time? I regularly go over older work and try and make things more consistent with recent additions so if parts no longer fit well, I will have a look at it.

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
Sammy was never intended to give player full control and more like a tamagotchi where if you don't fulfill her needs, she will do it instead.
There's something incongruous to me about playing a character who flat-out never drinks...except I guess she had a bad day today and we hit the invisible threshold, so pull out the beers from your purse that you were stashing on your person for the past few months and start chugging them, haha. Beers that you unfortunately can't even get rid of without cheating, as far as I know... Sammy always starts out as a virgin, so that makes sense why she's very hesitant to engage in sexual activities to start the game off, but I guess her former life must've been very different with regards to day-drinking and popping pills, because she'll do both of those without a second thought, don't even need to ask her. Thinking of her more as a tamagotchi is probably the way to go.

Also where do you feel things have gone wonky over time? I regularly go over older work and try and make things more consistent with recent additions so if parts no longer fit well, I will have a look at it.
Based on how you think Sammy should more or less autonomously operate as her own person, I think most of the things that I have felt are wonky are actually intended, so I guess that's alright and I'll just have to go back in with a different mindset. Next time I do a playthrough (most likely when the next full release happens), I'll approach it that way and see if there's anything that still feels really out of place to me. What's the best way to submit textual corrections to you? Misspelled words and missing punctuation marks and the like...not trying to change the style of your writing, obviously.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

Ex-Hooker

Dec 14, 2021
A couple of small things/nitpicks:

1. The birth control shot from the hospital doesn't seem to do anything at all. I've tested it a few times. Both with and without the child free perk and always without the broodmother/creampie perks.

2. I'm not sure what's intended and what isn't but in the current version bruising doesn't work like it used to. Bruises disappear at midnight. It's super noticeable if Sammy gets punched at 11:30 and the bruise vanishes almost right away. But they seem to work the way they used to in Haven where the bruises gradually fade in two days.

3. Prostitution at the pub pays about the same as prostitution at the highway. For gameplay reason prostitution at the highway should pay better, because it requires either completing a quest or having a perk. For realism reasons prostitution at the pub should pay better. Either way they shouldn't pay the same.

4. This is really nitpicky but could probably be covered by a little bit of fluff text somewhere. It feels really weird that there are so many girls working the highway when Sammy can just walk in to the pub or a pink room to do prostitution and bypass it entirely. It makes it seem like the highway whores are choosing to work the highway because they prefer it for some reason while the game is also telling us a lot about how dangerous it is to work the highway and how the pub is having trouble keeping girls working there because it encourages prostitution. A little text somewhere about how the pub turns away a lot of girls for not having the right look and some really agressive pricing for the pink rooms would probably be enough. Or something like that. I'd say make the pub take a cut of Sammy's prostitution earnings there so there's a real tradeoff of relative safety vs. profit but that might take more time to implement and balance than it's worth.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
1. The birth control shot from the hospital doesn't seem to do anything at all. I've tested it a few times. Both with and without the child free perk and always without the broodmother/creampie perks.
Not testing the shot in a while, but it was added before the inventory was in as a short term solution. Now that plan b and abort pills are in, this option really should just be removed. I will try and remember to get rid of it for the public release.

2. I'm not sure what's intended and what isn't but in the current version bruising doesn't work like it used to. Bruises disappear at midnight. It's super noticeable if Sammy gets punched at 11:30 and the bruise vanishes almost right away. But they seem to work the way they used to in Haven where the bruises gradually fade in two days.
Just tested and you are right, not sure how that managed to happen. Will fix.

3. Prostitution at the pub pays about the same as prostitution at the highway. For gameplay reason prostitution at the highway should pay better, because it requires either completing a quest or having a perk. For realism reasons prostitution at the pub should pay better. Either way they shouldn't pay the same.
The calculations are different and the highway should pay less. But while reading your comment I realised it might be because of allure. How much is paid is based on your allure and multiplied by a bonus. The bar has a bigger bonus while the highway has none, but the highway you can pick your own clothes and get a much higher allure. Will investigate.

4. This is really nitpicky but could probably be covered by a little bit of fluff text somewhere. It feels really weird that there are so many girls working the highway when Sammy can just walk in to the pub or a pink room to do prostitution and bypass it entirely. It makes it seem like the highway whores are choosing to work the highway because they prefer it for some reason while the game is also telling us a lot about how dangerous it is to work the highway and how the pub is having trouble keeping girls working there because it encourages prostitution. A little text somewhere about how the pub turns away a lot of girls for not having the right look and some really agressive pricing for the pink rooms would probably be enough. Or something like that. I'd say make the pub take a cut of Sammy's prostitution earnings there so there's a real tradeoff of relative safety vs. profit but that might take more time to implement and balance than it's worth.
In the story, the highway is supposed to only be for junkies and complete wasters who are paid little money. But in drawing the characters, players don't want to see whores with rashes, boils or other nasty medical conditions or addiction effects so I guess that the story is lost. I suppose I might have to adjust the lore a bit so it will make sense.

Reactions: Feyd and S100

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
In the story, the highway is supposed to only be for junkies and complete wasters who are paid little money. But in drawing the characters, players don't want to see whores with rashes, boils or other nasty medical conditions or addiction effects so I guess that the story is lost. I suppose I might have to adjust the lore a bit so it will make sense.
You could kind of imply that the highway gets the 'less desirable' clients by having the whores there frequently appear with bruises. That would get the message across without introducing STDs into the game, right?

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
The calculations are different and the highway should pay less. But while reading your comment I realised it might be because of allure. How much is paid is based on your allure and multiplied by a bonus. The bar has a bigger bonus while the highway has none, but the highway you can pick your own clothes and get a much higher allure. Will investigate.

One possible option could be that since so many girls have been forced into prostitution places like the Pub can basically pick the cream of the crop and only hire the best-looking girls. While the rest have to go to places like the highway.

I also think the highway should pay less but in return, you could get more customers. The idea being that people that go to the pub have a higher disposable income than those that go to a cheap highway whore. quality vs quantity and all that.

Ex-Hooker

Dec 14, 2021
Maybe the highway needs a soft cap for how much allure can benefit the calculation? It'd make sense because if you're working there the guys are going to assume your desperate and cheap and dirty no matter who you are. And then maybe you don't have to worry about rebalancing it as much if you introduce new sources of allure.

I haven't touched the Mira is Missing content yet but I'd love to see what Mira would say if Sammy asked her why she doesn't just work in the pub.

I continued my playthrough and noticed the slave ending for Haven is kind of buggy. Seems like at the end the game applies all the effects for everything that happened while Sammy was imprisoned all at once, leading to weird stuff with pregnancy. I saw her get pregnant multiple times back to back without having sex during or in between pregnancies. And the bruising thing happens while Sammy is imprisoned after she leaves Haven leading to weird dialogue where people comment on bruises she doesn't have.

Also, in Haven, Sammy can make comments about Viktor while whoring even though she's never met him.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
I will look into adjusting the whore stuff so it makes more sense from a lore perspective. Fortunately not a lot has been said on it just yet and most of that stuff will come from conversations from the whores.

Hey Sammy, I think I missed it somewhere in the thread, but what do you have planned for the next major update?

I hope there's more clothing involved.
Since this update took way longer than I had planned. Next I will be doing a few mini updates where one specific bit of content is focused on. Based on the patreon vote, exhibitionism will be next.

Are you guys ever going to make an ass size option? Just asking for a friend.
No, way more effort than it worth.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
what is the futa content?
You must have missed this...

See the TAGS at the top tell you what content you can expect and as you can see there is NO Futa tag. This has been addressed in this thread a few times already but there is No Futa.

Cheers

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Sam_Tail
Not sure if this has been reported yet or if it's happened to anyone else but I went to the bar with the exhibitionist trait and although the text states that Sammy is wearing the uniform (and the stills of delivering the drinks shows she is), her standing picture is completely naked insted of just being pantsless.

EDIT: Seems to have been a First Day thing. She knows what a dress is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessBitchJean
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes