VN Ren'Py The Five Star Stories [v0.6] [The Narrator]

3.70 star(s) 14 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The overview in the OP is not really and overview since it doesn't say anything about the story, it's just the dev talking about himself.
I'm assuming this is a brother-sister fantasy? No other people involved, right?

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023
You're welcome :) I enjoy your Game so far but i may wait until the Dialogs are fixed, it's quite weird reading "Sister" in some Situations when they speak with Lisa :ROFLMAO:
Now that I have seen it, I know what a big mistake I have made.
I will leave the already fixed files here until I load the game with the fixed bug. Decompile the games folder and replace the existing ones with this ones.

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023
The overview in the OP is not really and overview since it doesn't say anything about the story, it's just the dev talking about himself.
I'm assuming this is a brother-sister fantasy? No other people involved, right?
There are 5 characters to play with so far. Have a look. Maybe you won't be disappointed.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
There are 5 characters to play with so far. Have a look. Maybe you won't be disappointed.
Thank you for the clarification. I'll definitely try this VN when I have time.
But please, accept my humble advice: you should change that overview in the OP. First, write about the story itself, telling about the protagonist and what the novel is about; then, you can add a spoiler box inside the overview where you can include all the information about your motivations that is now there. Good preview renders (you already have them (y)) and an overview are really important for promotion on this site.

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023
Thank you for the clarification. I'll definitely try this VN when I have time.
But please, accept my humble advice: you should change that overview in the OP. First, write about the story itself, telling about the protagonist and what the novel is about; then, you can add a spoiler box inside the overview where you can include all the information about your motivations that is now there. Good preview renders (you already have them (y)) and an overview are really important for promotion on this site.
I will. Thanks for your advice.

Reactions: IceL33 and Aristos

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
The Narrator I decompiled the Files and replaced them with the 2 you have linked but didn't seem to be fixed. Replayed from the Beginning as well.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Now that I have seen it, I know what a big mistake I have made.
I will leave the already fixed files here until I load the game with the fixed bug. Decompile the games folder and replace the existing ones with this ones.
You should zip the two files so that people don't have to copy and paste the content into a text editor ( which can cause all kinds of problems) that will insure the proper format... :)

Reactions: Dimitri57

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023
I'm searching for my game on Itch.io by title and I can't find it. Do you know why? I only have 3 views since I uploaded it, five hours ago. Does anyone know this site and can help me?

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Can you send me a screenshot?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm fairly certain that at these Sentences Sister should be replaced with Lisa, i haven't seen Lisa in a Text until that Point when MC's Mom is Sun tanning ( I didn't go further than that ). Maybe i just exaggerate a bit, dunno what others think about it. It's just weird to only read Sister and not her actual Name even by MC, know what i mean ?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Narrator

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023

I'm fairly certain that at these Sentences Sister should be replaced with Lisa, i haven't seen Lisa in a Text until that Point when MC's Mom is Sun tanning ( I didn't go further than that ). Maybe i just exaggerate a bit, dunno what others think about it. It's just weird to only read Sister and not her actual Name even by MC, know what i mean ?
I am going to fix this bug.

Reactions: etool and shiqz

TanyaC

May 11, 2022
I read a lot of stories on the internet and I wanted to see some action, not just imagine it. Since I couldn't do it with real characters, I thought about doing it with virtual ones.
So I worked hard for a few months to learn how to create and render 3D scenes. I finally did it and made a visual novel. I'm very proud of myself and I hope you like it.
I decided to make this game by taking inspiration from the best stories on the internet and using my imagination.
So if you like a good story, you've come to the right place.
I hope you enjoy my kinetic and visual novel, and who knows, maybe you'll be kind enough to support my efforts by accessing my paid membership levels.
Firstly, congratulations on your first job.:love:
The renders look great.(y)
But keep in mind that to make games certain requirements are necessary, content that has a story with (Beginning) (Middle) and (End).:WeSmart:
Because from the analysis of many games that are here, the majority are waiting for supporters, and not even 85% of games can reach the end even with support, it is quite rare to see a game reach the end, either it stays there for months and months without updating or it is abandoned. , most of which are abandoned, are games that DV only had in mind at the beginning of the game and the story ended up losing its direction, and those who supported it also lost taste.... So think carefully before continuing.;)

Reactions: The Narrator

sarindiirn123

Mar 24, 2019
Should make the dev notes your current overview and for the overview about the game give us the premise/scenario for what the games about.

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023

I'm sure this is going to work.

3.70 star(s) 14 Votes