Unity Abandoned The Doppelganger [v0.41] [Cipciugames]

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
nice little game so far. if you increase the values for ervin you see some interesting scenes. any idea how to train her?

U

User_10739

Is this 64 bit? 0.2.1 is incompatible with my 32 bit sys

Butterchops

May 2, 2017
Enjoying this game but the stats don't stay true. I've done around 20 charms and 10 convo skill bumps and sometimes it things go sometimes they don't. Can't get past beginner. If you awesome guys come up with a fix I'll try this game again

Goobercreek

Aug 6, 2016
1. Make a day one save
2. Open regedit in your start menu
3. Find Software > Cipciu Games > The Doppleganger
4. Find SAVE1_(Money/Persuade...etc)
5. Double Click it, then select Decimal
6. Set values to 100 for stats, and 10k or w/e for money
7. Repeat for all variables

Game is pretty glitchy mind you, with many dialogue options breaking the game

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
i tried a lot of gambling and it's plausable that it's 40%, save and load don't change the outcome, if at that hour of the day you lose, you will always lose as many times you try (at least it seems so)

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Yes, makes save-scumming a bit easier for money. Save; open computer; gamble, gamble, gamble for how every many hours in rapid succession as you can remember or feel like doing; mentally note wins are at 10, 12, 13, and 17 (or whenever); reload and play the day knowing which hours you can pick up quick cash if you don't have anything better to do.

The problem I have is a few conversations that hang the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm guessing they are end-of-content scenarios handled poorly. Not fun when you hit one and haven't been saving regularly.

cipciugames

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hey guys.
I just finished fixing the bugs people found. I also changed the weekly payment to 450$.

You can get the newest version here.

Reactions: DEVILMAN and 3xpurt

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
This game ain't bad just needs a few updates maybe to flesh out content. Perhaps add an option for the MC to take a shower because no one wants to be the only stinky person in the house. @kakhauf you seem pretty upset, I don't mind if you are a liberal but spouting off racial or homophobic slurs won't win you many friends. If it's not your cup of tea, don't play it. I never played BB because there is no way to kill Eric yet, I avoid a lot of rpgmaker games because I hate mosaics and exploited female games are way too rapey for my taste. The dev here seems eager to please and wants to do this right so I have high hopes for this game.

Reactions: cipciugames

cipciugames

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
This game ain't bad just needs a few updates maybe to flesh out content. Perhaps add an option for the MC to take a shower because no one wants to be the only stinky person in the house. @kakhauf you seem pretty upset, I don't mind if you are a liberal but spouting off racial or homophobic slurs won't win you many friends. If it's not your cup of tea, don't play it. I never played BB because there is no way to kill Eric yet, I avoid a lot of rpgmaker games because I hate mosaics and exploited female games are way too rapey for my taste. The dev here seems eager to please and wants to do this right so I have high hopes for this game.
Haha... Well... it's just 0.2. In the next version I will create a way to fight him. Not kill him, yet, but fight him

Reactions: Adoringfan

blubbat0r

Donor
May 8, 2017
As for the dice minigame:
I just went with the "bet 50 bucks all the time" approach. Just save the game, roll as many times as you can afford, remember at which times you won, load and only play on those hours. The win/loss/draw seems to somehow be driven by date.

Other than that the writing is pretty damn bad throughout (but not the worst I've ever seen) and it is grindy as fuck to a ridiculous degree. At this point I'd say it is way worse mechanically than Big Brother (since the comparison has been made here before). Would not recommend.

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
@kakhauf: m8....no matter how mad you are at a game or thing in life, you should not use language like that. What separates us from the animals are our minds, which contains so many wonderful words. Please stop focusing on the absolutely horrible words. Yes, the game needs alot of work, yes some of the choices may not be ideal, and yes, it may be a copy of BB. That is all true, but none of that needed an additional racial statement from you. You detract from the overall whole of this thread, please stop.

@primsteg: simply press escape, and click save :)

Reactions: primsteg

secrecy

May 1, 2017
I like this game. Yes, it is a doppelganger -literally, ehem-of Big Brother, but less disconcerting about mechanics and more straight, which fits in my tastes. Wish more action as MC increases stats.
I encourage developer to continue this way. I consider to pay 5$/month for a good and lenghty update with a lot of content. Never would pay 40$/month like Dark Silver asks for BB, a total swindle.

Reactions: Lantern

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Stupid question, but can someone tell me how to save my game? I can't see the option.