Unity Abandoned The Doppelganger [v0.41] [Cipciugames]

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
well the problem with doing the twist kinda cheating is in the twist, you normally would have to change the regedit and than delete the users file so that it wouldn't change it back. There is no such user file for doppelganger (i've checked all the user folders), so i'll give it a shot and see if the new values hold

veeral

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, I forgot about the regedit thing. It looks like the values are holding for me so far.

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
ok i found a work around but its convoluted. Basically, you have to export the regedit file, change the values manually (there is more than one money tab inside the regedit file, have to change them all), save, than delete the registry file, than delete the doppelganger folder in its entirety from the users menu under local. than click on your new reg file to boot it up, open game, enjoy. But rather tedious....has to be an easier way.

veeral

Aug 8, 2016
In my regedit after I saved I just went to the values marked Save 1 and changed those and loaded the game. I didn't have to export anything.

cipciugames

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
What is it listed under in regedit
Hi there guys I think you might want to download the latest version of the game because I did some changes so the courses will be cheaper. I cannot help you adding the money with cheats but good luck.

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
ah thats weird, when i did that, it changed everything back when i re-booted the game. Hmm. Aw well, i'll try that next time i suppose.

and heyokaynice: just do a search for money, you'll find all the listings with money. one of they is SAVE!_Money

cipci: we understand m8, its just I remember how grindy the last version was (quite literally had to wait 4 weeks to afford one course) and without saves it was very cringy and not worth the payoff at the end. With the cheats atleast it allows us to get through that part and see what the game has to offer quicker and test for bugs more efficiently (as atleast for me, I have a job and life and cant spend hours grinding). Also in future versions you may want to add more save slots....5 is wayyyy to short.

Reactions: heyokaynice

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Updated Overview story as per requested by dev.

Dex

Apr 13, 2017
Total noob here, but where and how to edit regedit? Is there any link wit ha more detailed description on how to do this?

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
dex: 1. use the search bar below beside the windows button, type in "regedit"

2. click and expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER

3. click on CIpugames, expand, click on doppelganger

4. find where save1 and money is, and right click, click modify. change values to decimal and type in the amount you want.

5. close, open game, enjoy.

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
I noticed someone say you can change stats through the regedit, and its true, you can, but the problem is, its all in hex.....which hex is supposed to represent 'good" or "bad" etc, so we know what we are changing it to?

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
i honestly don't know where is the end point with the game. He has made good steps in this version, but I don't know whether I have seen everything or not yet....would be nice to have a definite list to cross off as i've done all the achievements

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I saved scum the dice game, but I think it's set to a certain outcome no matter what (i.e draw each time I saved scummed) .I took charm school ,class $50, 7 times no joy. Does it even work? BB?

tarkasian

Donor
Aug 15, 2016
skill system not working you can only use beginner, and there is no 5 times limit on them, and then there is the relationship with the npc, if you do something and it's not working and you reload the save you are still losing relation point's
and it's the same on version :0.2.1 and 0.2.2

Last edited: