• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Desmana

Feb 11, 2018
As i say - game all time crashes after the sex scene with the totem. When he's already falling asleep.
All time.

Aaaand... Guys. Maybe you have save file after this?

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
why is it a collection of mismatched art styles? couldn't make it more obvious that its "borrowed" artwork.
Hey, all. I'm the Dev of this game. I created it using a lot of placeholder art that captured the gist of what I was going for while I worked on completing the art for it. The farmboy for example in the intro now has a fully animated portrait that I made. The public Beta will be launched later this month. That will have almost all of the placeholder art removed.

If you want to follow my progress or support my work you can check out my and .

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
As i say - game all time crashes after the sex scene with the totem. When he's already falling asleep.
All time.

Aaaand... Guys. Maybe you have save file after this?
Yes there are still some serious bugs, including this one. This game is still in a closed alpha. I hadn't released it into the wild yet, because it still has some issues. I will be releasing the public Beta later this month that should have most of the major bugs fixed.

Reactions: Uptime Lurker

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
I want to like this game.
Its just not there yet.
This version is still a closed alpha and wasn't intended for public release yet. But if you like the concept and the tags feel free to join our discord. I'm actively seeking playtesters to provide feedback on whats working, what needs work and what you would like to see more of.

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Very helpful post. Thank you!

Items 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6, 7 and 8 are fixed and will include in the next update.

Regarding 1, I don't think there should have been an X in the order dialogue. it may have not gotten removed properly from the alchemy screen. I have been having some problems cleaning up some of the buttons from this.

regarding sex scenes, I agree. Needs more. I'd like to include at least 1 new scene per update cycle. Usually 1-2 months.

I like the premise, but many bugs:

1.) Pressing x at the hunchback order dialog causes crash
2.) The sidebar menu tutorial always plays
3.) Cannot add books besides alchemy as the rest are not marked ""note": "<Menu Category: Books>"
4.) If you buy leather/gold before getting the spellbook quest, the checkboxes don't get marked
5.) Cannot research additional recipes. I think you forgot to call ClearChoiceSettings here... changing to this worked for me
JavaScript:
[
{
    "code": 356,
    "indent": 0,
    "parameters":
    [
        "ClearChoiceSettings"
    ]
},
    {
        "code": 356,
        "indent": 1,
        "parameters":
        [
            "DisableChoice 1"
        ]
    },
    {
        "code": 102,
        "indent": 1,
        "parameters":
        [
            [
                "Research Recipe:",
                "Yes",
                "No"
            ],
        ]
    }
]
6.) Research options for soothroot tea/ scrying potion never disappears and researching them adds duplicate entries
7. Mandrake is marked as a catalyst in recipe for Fertility potion but active in js\clsAlchemy.js. Milk is not even listed
8. Alch-garlic image is missing

Not enough sex content to justify playing through yet, but I like where this is going, will revisit after a few more patches

Last edited:

Uptime Lurker

Jul 29, 2018
Yes there are still some serious bugs, including this one. This game is still in a closed alpha. I hadn't released it into the wild yet, because it still has some issues. I will be releasing the public Beta later this month that should have most of the major bugs fixed.
I was not able to reach most of game content due to bugs so I'm looking forward for future update with fixes. All this character system seems very promising.

Reactions: NewGuy2020

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
not a bad idea of a game. like the direction something new also nice music and nice medieval fantasy world built but the interface, the font are aweful and not pleasant to the eye to read or navigate... also if the graphics would be better or even some busty 3D models would have been very welcome like this it looks like an odd mix most of the time and too low quality...

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
NewGuy2020
I gave The Court Magician a try, because I like medieval style role playing games and the overall retro style of this game.
So far it's a tech demo presenting us a lot of mechanics of the game. It's really looking good and promising so far.

Just a few suggestions and remarks from my side, if I may and since I've got the impression, that feedback is appreciated:

On the art style I think the mc needs to be reworked. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that the mc is supposed to be ugly and I DON'T suggest to make him more appealing to the eye. After all this game is more or less about an ugly mc seducing the realm's beauties. It's just that the 2d art of the females has got way better quality than the 2d art of the mc. It would feel more wholesome, if it looked like the art style was from a single source. Right now there is a big difference in the drawing/art style of the mc and the females.

I also wonder if this game will feature pregnancy content in the future? A lot of comparable medieval style harem games include the possibility to impregnate the different love interests (Peasant's Quest, A Struggle With Sin), which is a lot more satisfying for many players. I think it would very well fit to this game as well, but I didn't see the tags on the first page. So I wonder, if pregnancy content is planned somewhen in the future or not?

During my playthrough I've had some minor bugs:
Using not fully implemented skills like flatter on various persons might lock your conversation screen with them. It then becomes a small pain in the ass, to exit the conversation screen.

Sometimes the art wasn't displayed properly (One maid looked like a puzzle). But after closing the game and reloading a save everything was back to normal.

The "face cream" quest is bugged, because you can give the queen face creams infinitely (even if you have only one in your inventory) and the quest won't be marked as completed, if you gave her the 2 different types of face cream.

Some more hints would also be helpful during certain quests and quest steps. F.e. during the "aquire materials for the spellbook" quests. I've found all the spots in the village, but I can foresee players getting stuck during this quest.

Btw the village should be filled more with life in the future. It feels very empty right now. But I guess that's just due to the fact that the game is still in a very early development stage? Anyway I hope for a lot more seducable females in the village in the future, because right now there is only the pig farmer's daughter. The tavern should have a hot wench for example. It might also be nice to have some wifes and daughters of the different craftsmen in the village in the future, the mc can interact with.

Furthermore the two noble ladies in the castle have different sprites, but unfortunately have got the same art in the conversation screen. I guess, one of them is just a placeholder and will get a more individual look in the future, which will look more like her sprite?

I also think during the goblin ritual, when the shaman explains all the different types of having sex with a slave and its benefits, players expect to have at least a choice duing the next scene. But there is just anal, while taming your totem. Anyway what's the point of the totem? Will the slave join the magician later on or not?

I'm not entirely sure, if I have reached the end of content in this beta so far. After the ritual with the goblins you are supposed to summon Molloch, but interacting with the fireplace in the magician's quarters, nothing happens and I have no idea how to summon Molloch. Maybe it's just the end of content for now?

Btw what is your discord channel?

Last edited:

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for trying out my game. Feedback is very much appreciated!

Here's some comments in reply to your questions and suggestions:

Artistic Vision:
I wanted to make a retro style game with an aesthetic similar to the Sierra games of the 90s. For the portraits and sex scenes I am trying to achieve something in-between Disney and comic book style. The trouble is, I'm very much a developing artist and I am better at rendering more realistic style images than a disney style cartoon. Its still a work in progress, but I'm improving. See a recent example below. Slide1.png

I like Greely's style and he's actually gotten more "realistic". Compare the new face with the old face in my profile.
Slide2.png

I will continue to try to integrate the more realistic vs cartoony styles so that they feel more coherent. This is a priority for me.

Of course, there are also some placeholder images still in the game which are just random internet pics that look kind of like what I intend to draw. Those will be almost all completely removed by the time the public Beta is launched on Jan 20th.

Kinks:
There is currently limited sex available in the game (interactive and animated blowjob, interactive and animated anal, interactive and animated paddling, some animated and still nudity). However, I will be adding, much more.

Vanilla stuff like vaginal, handjob and paizuri (titty-fucking) relatively soon. Pregnancy will definitely be a feature (already have a recipe for the "fertility potion" to ensure pregnancy), along with lactation/breast milk play. Also lesbian sex and more light bondage and paddling.

Bugs:
The version uploaded to this site currently has a lot of bugs in it. Many of these have already been fixed, but a few are incomplete dead-ends because the content is not finished yet. The current version ends with the conclusion of the initiation ritual. You can choose the raven mask for the blowjob sequence or the wolf mask for the anal.

Procedural Generation:
Another one of my core visions of the game was replayability. I wanted the core version of the game to be Greely as the scheming court magician (along with the Noble family a few core characters), but I wanted the majority of the inhabitants he engages with to change on every play through. Even the core characters have personality traits that change on every playthrough and some of the major characters have different names and backgrounds on every play.

The intention is for the core gameplay (social manipulation) to be a fun way to get to know the characters. Where you have to snoop and spy on them in order to discover how to manipulate them.
1704646276947.png
I've started this with the guards and the maids. Who all have procedurally generated hair colors and styles, names, body types, breast sizes, personality traits and backstories.

Unfortunately, this is extremely difficult to animate this many variations especially in rpgmaker. However, I have spent a good part of the last 4 years of development learning and creating the systems to incorporate this. Now that I have the systems designed and mostly working, adding in the story, content and new characters will progress faster.

Since the game is modular, patrons and subscribers will be able to download the latest version every month, restart the game or continue a new game and experience new and interesting quests with different ways of completing them depending on the characters generated.
1704646566086.png
This brings me to your question on the village, which is mostly empty. I still need to generate the villagers to populate the village aside from the quest centric ones. I have already created them on the back end, but I need to draw and animate several villagers that can be mixed and matched to create a population. Now that I have completed most of the story characters, I can create the images for the Farmer and Villager factions.

Discord/Patreon/Subscribestar:
I'm happy to chat more about the game and grateful for the support.

You can find a discord invite here on my linktree:

This has been a 4 year project so far and I'm only just now revealing it to the public, so if you or anyone else would like me to continue with this work. I'm very grateful for financial support on subscribestar/patreon, or if you are not able to contribute financially then just giving fair reviews, sharing my work with others, providing suggestions and feedback are all appreciated.

Thanks!

NewGuy2020
I gave The Court Magician a try, because I like medieval style role playing games and the overall retro style of this game.
So far it's a tech demo presenting us a lot of mechanics of the game. It's really looking good and promising so far.

Just a few suggestions and remarks from my side, if I may and since I've got the impression, that feedback is appreciated:

On the art style I think the mc needs to be reworked. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that the mc is supposed to be ugly and I DON'T suggest to make him more appealing to the eye. After all this game is more or less about an ugly mc seducing the realm's beauties. It's just that the 2d art of the females has got way better quality than the 2d art of the mc. It would feel more wholesome, if it looked like the art style was from a a single source. Right now there is a big difference in the drawing/art style of the mc and the females.

I also wonder if this game will feature pregnancy content in the future? A lot of comparable medieval style harem games include the possibility to impregnate the different love interests (Peasant's Quest, A Struggle With Sin), which is a lot more satisying for many players. I think it would very well fit to this game as well, but I didn't see the tags on the first page. So I wonder, if pregnancy content is planned somewhen in the future or not?

During my playthrough I've had some minor bugs:
Using not fully implemented skills like flatter on various persons might lock your conversation screen with them. It then becomes a small pain in the ass, to exit the conversation screen.

Sometimes the art wasn't displayed properly (One maid looked like a puzzle). But after closing the game and reloading a save everything was back to normal.

The "face cream" quest is bugged, because you can give the queen face creams infinitely (even if you have only one in your inventory) and the quest won't be marked as completed, if you gave her the 2 different types of face cream.

Some more hints would also be helpful during certain quests and quest steps. F.e. during the "aquire materials for the spellbook" quests. I've found all the spots in the village, but I can foresee players getting stuck during this quest.

Btw the village should be filled more with life in the future. It feels very empty right now. But I guess that's just due to the fact that the game is still in a very early development stage? Anyway I hope for a lot more seducable females in the village in the future, because right now there is only the pig farmer's daughter. The tavern should have a hot wench for example. It might also be nice to have some wifes and daughters of the different craftsmen in the village in the future, the mc can interact with.

Furthermore the two noble ladies in the castle have different sprites, but unfortunately have got the same art in the conversation screen. I guess, one of them is just a placeholder and will get a more individual look in the future, which will look more like her sprite?

I also think during the goblin ritual, when the shaman explains all the different types of having sex with a slave and its benefits, players expect to have at least a choice duing the next scene. But there is just anal, while taming your totem. Anyway what's the point of the totem? Will the slave join the magician later on or not?

I'm not entirely sure, if I have reached the end of content in this beta so far. After the ritual with the goblins you are supposed to summon Molloch, but interacting with the fireplace in the magician's quarters, nothing happens and I have no idea how to summon Molloch. Maybe it's just the end of content for now?

Btw what is your discord channel?

Last edited:

Vley

May 30, 2019
Ive liked the game but for the love of god I have not been able to find out a way to generate money. I tried selling ingredients to the market girl but I did not get money even though I have lost the item

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for playing! There are not a lot of ways to generate money yet. There are 25 gold coins in your bedside table and you can get some money from selling face cream to the Baroness.

In the upcoming version (Jan 20th) you will be able to sell ingredients and have your servants raise money for you.

Ive liked the game but for the love of god I have not been able to find out a way to generate money. I tried selling ingredients to the market girl but I did not get money even though I have lost the item

Reactions: tamburin1 and Vlad

Beckz

May 11, 2020
The setting, mechanic, Elements, Detail,...
Nah, more like the gameplay itself...

All is too DAMN Serious!!

This is kind of game that has to be enjoyed when it was finished, because we never know how many details will be implemented and changed in progres...

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Really? I tried to keep a pretty light hearted tone and lots of jokes...

The setting, mechanic, Elements, Detail,...
Nah, more like the gameplay itself...

All is too DAMN Serious!!

This is kind of game that has to be enjoyed when it was finished, because we never know how many details will be implemented and changed in progres...

Reactions: zexik and Vlad

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Some important updates my friends, that addresses a lot of the concerns with bugs and content. If someone wants to update the version here, they are welcome to! Otherwise you can find the latest version for free on my .

Today marks a pivotal moment in the arcane tapestry of The Court Magician as we unveil for the first time, the Public Beta version!
BetaRelease.png
My Gift to You
This marks a key turning point in the 4-year saga of this game's development because this game is now publicly available on our page (and also / ) for anyone who wishes to download it. This does not mean the game is complete...far from it! The content pipeline is just beginning! However, it does mean that there is a completely playable Chapter 1 with a lot of sexiness and wicked scheming.
Almost all of the placeholder art is gone now (still a few holdovers that should be weeded out over the few weeks) and we have implemented a truly dynamic and sexy erotic training system for the maid-servant in addition to the content already created for the Baroness and Slave girl.

New Additions:
  • Behold the regal allure with a new portrait for the other daughter and queen.
  • Delight in the mischievous reactions of our maids in a bewitching new scene.
  • Explore fresh training options: delve into the art of belittlement and paddle training.
  • Seek out treasures – from silver rings to precious coins, and discover hidden jewelry and storage boxes.
  • Witness animated conversations with talking animations.
  • Experience the portal's mystical effects on the queen.
  • Immerse yourself in the animated portraits of the Queen and the Molloch Idol.
  • Conclude Chapter 1 with a captivating image.
MaidTop.png

Bug Fixes:
  • Faded out end dialog for a seamless transition.
  • Dynamic dialog menus for a more immersive experience.
  • Bid farewell to the side menu, enhancing clarity.
  • No more mysterious blackouts after conversing with the cook or jeweler.
  • Made tutorials optional – because we respect your expertise!
  • Resolved the post-shaman ritual crash.
  • Steward no longer barks when absent from the room.

Good News/Bad News
While I am very happy with and proud of the work that we were able to produce to get to this point, as a single developer, I wasn't able to include everything that I wanted in this version. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I have a lot of content that is already almost finished and will be able to be included in the next update! The even better news on top of that, is that a very talented artist has recently joined the team. I'm a big fan of his work and some of his content has made it into this version. In just the few short weeks he has been involved with the project, he has already dramatically sped up the production process and the quality of the work. I'll post more about him and his work soon in a subsequent post.

On-Itch.png
Go out and enjoy the game!

Please join our discord server to report any bugs or ask for help!
(link expires in 7 days)

Thank you all for your support, and if you want to support us even more, please leave a review on F95zone or with your honest opinion of the game! You can include something you liked and something you didn't like.

Thanks again for your support and we will have more updates for you soon!
Sincerely,
Sin and Salvation Games

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

GAMEEEEEEEE

COMPRESSED WINDOWS

SIZE ~ 265 MB

(1 week) - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.30 star(s) 20 Votes