VN Ren'Py The Beautiful Game [Ch. 1 v0.6.2] [Daggum]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Not much else in the version you are playing, and this is deliberate. I want people to focus on the characters and get a feel for the environment I'm trying to build first, so choices are kept simple. Bigger choices already appear in v0.7 and will continue in that fashion. What I will say is some outcomes and storylines are conditional on some character threads being open. I can't think of any choices right now where the outcome in the game as a whole is simply bang or not bang. That's not the type of game I am making.

I can't recall perfectly when I added the tag but I know you were one of the first players of the game (thank you!). Also, it was probably clear that I was clueless at the beginning, and many would say the same now... Anyway, I have had this future tagged as Harem for a while on here and itch.io. when I said all that time ago "not in any formal sense" that probably reflects my dislike of tags. Too blunt of an instrument. I describe what I will do in the OP - nice relationships concurrently with LIs, with everyone in the Harem aware of this and accepting (but monogamy is also an option). I was probably worried back then that many would see Harem tag and think this would mean MC is keeping a bunch of borderline slaves in his home, with little in the way of love, emotional connection, and dynamics.
Thank you for the detailed response, friend. I was also wondering if I don't like a girl sexually will I be able to politely turn her down? I have played some harem games where the mc banged all the girls without any choice for the player.

Also, I played the update, and the game is even better now imo.
I think the mc is probably one of the best looking mc's I have seen yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daggum Games

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Not much else in the version you are playing, and this is deliberate. I want people to focus on the characters and get a feel for the environment I'm trying to build first, so choices are kept simple. Bigger choices already appear in v0.7 and will continue in that fashion. What I will say is some outcomes and storylines are conditional on some character threads being open. I can't think of any choices right now where the outcome in the game as a whole is simply bang or not bang. That's not the type of game I am making.

I can't recall perfectly when I added the tag but I know you were one of the first players of the game (thank you!). Also, it was probably clear that I was clueless at the beginning, and many would say the same now... Anyway, I have had this future tagged as Harem for a while on here and itch.io. when I said all that time ago "not in any formal sense" that probably reflects my dislike of tags. Too blunt of an instrument. I describe what I will do in the OP - nice relationships concurrently with LIs, with everyone in the Harem aware of this and accepting (but monogamy is also an option). I was probably worried back then that many would see Harem tag and think this would mean MC is keeping a bunch of borderline slaves in his home, with little in the way of love, emotional connection, and dynamics.
I need to read better lol you already answered my monogamy question.

Anyway, I also wanted to say I really like Jasmine she is amazing.

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
Finally we got a continuation of the story!

Next update better have crowd chants like "Mesut Özil, your eyes are offside, your eyes are offside!"

• Haha
Reactions: Daggum Games

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Don't want to give away much but the percentage of LIs that are footballers will increase over time. Well, depending on your choices...
As in the main LI? If yes, then heck yeah. I feel like it's a shame if only Hana is the LI footballer.
Just starting it so cant really comment the game much, but should this have a Fantasy tag? Womens soccer gathering full stadions?
I know you were just joking, but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: linkinn

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
As in the main LI? If yes, then heck yeah. I feel like it's a shame if only Hana is the LI footballer.

I know you were just joking, but
All it took is the biggest (male) football rivalry in the world, the stage being the Champions League semifinal, and the tickets being free for Barcelona fans :KEK:

Feb 20, 2024
God damn it I hate Jasmin. Fucking playful shit. If a woman behaves like that towards a man, just playing around, I'll show her the door. There's no going back. Fortunately, there are several points here where you can throw the whole bitch to hell from the story and I went back to the point where the cow brings me a towel in the shower and then the right choice is made and the bitch is completely out of everything. A big part of the game is lost, but I just can't goddamn stand that bitch's behavior. Shitty story in itself, because it had been made into the best looking bitch and I hate to throw the main bitch out of the game just because of her shitty behaviour. I bet this will affect the game pretty heavily and I might not return to the game again.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
I just started the vn, and I must say that the dorsal numbers assigned to the positions on the field make my eyes hurt, they should look more like:

View attachment 3651443

I know, I'm paying too much attention, but I had to say it.
Personal preference, I would swap 4 and 5. 4 is sometimes used for DM.

- 9 10 -

11 4 8 7

3 5 6 2

-- 1 --

Also, the over-use of "OCFC" and "The Mermaids". While the nickname is nice to have, it should be used more sparingly. For a team who is supposed to be this successful, they should be cocky enough to use "City" as their main nickname, and Ocean City normally.

And manager (gaffer), not coach!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. FuckFace

asterix69

Formerly 'consciousbadger'
Apr 11, 2022
Glad I played this remake or remastering. Good effort, especially on the football animations. There are little things here and there that I'd want to improve but overall this is very promising, especially from a first time dev (according to the thread). The art from later in the game is the best IMO which tells me the dev is still learning the craft, but going strong. I normally ignore reviews but some deranged half-wit has said something about the plot being about a rapist?! WTF? Can the reviewer delete this nonsense please. This is the kind of crap that gets devs blocked from Patreon. If this needs a rape tag then Wuthering Heights needs a furry tag. JFC.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
As much as I think the game is promising, I'm a little disappointed that the vast majority of the love interests are non-players that are outsides to the beautiful game. Felt like a huge missed opportunity by relegating most of the players to side characters instead. :cry:
MC has had sex with ZERO people...it may be a little early to decide who is a side character and who is a LI. Plans change in these games all the time.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
As of right now, there are nine set LIs. Will that ever change? Only Daggum knows. ;)

My favorite LI is Priya. :love:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
MC has had sex with ZERO people...it may be a little early to decide who is a side character and who is a LI. Plans change in these games all the time.
There is literally this in the game. That's how I decided who is a LI. By reading the list of the LI in the game.

BogusToe

Feb 25, 2024
What exactly does the "close thread" option mean? Unless it is a bug, I've selected the "Closes Priya's Thread" but it doesn't seem to work.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
What exactly does the "close thread" option mean? Unless it is a bug, I've selected the "Closes Priya's Thread" but it doesn't seem to work.
I got the same. It felt like a bug because after the Priya scene, it looped back to the scene before for me (ex: the rooftop drinks scene -> Priya's scene despite already "close thread" -> back to rooftop drink scene -> advance as if no Priya).

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes