Ren'Py Abandoned The Architect [v1.0] [Creiz]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
I'm putting it on hold. The scenarios are written, the flow is there. But I can't develop the game anymore, for now.

I don't get it myself and I'm pretty damn frustrated. I can't believe a 2D Ren'Py game is proving to be more difficult to develop than a Unity 3D game. It's not about coding. It's actually Daz Studio.

I shit you not. To render two figures, naked, with hair and a background it takes my shitty laptop 13 hours and then some. For ONE image. It's not like I can even do some other shit while it renders, the computer slows down to a crawl with intermittent freezes and all.

Yet here I am, working on a Dungeons of Oblivion spin-off, without any problems whatsoever.

So this is my excuse: I'm actually literally limited by my hardware. I sincerily apologize to any of you I've let down, but I promise I'll try and make up for it.

The Architect will still be made. I have no choice to finish it. People paid for it and I'm not a thief. Unfortunately it's pushed back until I get better hardware. If you're one of the people who bought the game and want a refund, contact me via itch.io and we'll work it out.

Reactions: Smartch and fbass

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i got that sometime too with DAZ. guess some assets are not optimised for low pc.

you should ping a mod for made it "on hold"

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
I shit you not. To render two figures, naked, with hair and a background it takes my shitty laptop 13 hours and then some. For ONE image. It's not like I can even do some other shit while it renders, the computer slows down to a crawl with intermittent freezes and all.
It seems that you have some big issue with not enough RAM.
With maybe continuous memory swaps between the RAM and your HDD, which explains the freezes and the slowing down.
Check how much RAM is used during the rendering.

Reactions: Creiz

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Set to On-Hold.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Daz blowing up computers.

Reactions: CeramicToaD

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Set to On-Hold.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Daz blowing up computers.
Thank you, Mac. I'm sorry for not telling you before, I was going to announce it at the same time I'd bring a demo out of "Project Hisou (tentative title)" to make it a bit less bad? I guess? Show people I'm not jerking off all day, I'm actually working.

Then again, maybe I should have. Nevertheless, I appreciate you taking care of my thread.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Don't forget us. The game started really well so please don't give up.
I apologize for the delay in replying. Don't worry I have not forgotten. As you know, though, the game is on hold until I get better hardware and also my full attention is on [Project Hisou] (Non Tentative Title) at the moment.

But I promise you that I will come back to The Architect and I will finish it. It pains me a lot more than you may think to leave this up in the air. Rest easy. You're not forgotten. You're unwillingly delayed.

Reactions: Smartch

Smartch

Mar 23, 2018
I apologize for the delay in replying. Don't worry I have not forgotten. As you know, though, the game is on hold until I get better hardware and also my full attention is on [Project Hisou] (Non Tentative Title) at the moment.

But I promise you that I will come back to The Architect and I will finish it. It pains me a lot more than you may think to leave this up in the air. Rest easy. You're not forgotten. You're unwillingly delayed.
Well it is only demo, but it really got potential for one of the best game here. With that nice fetish, how the game started and models are not the kind you see in other games (btw, they are awesome).

Reactions: fbass

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If getting a decent computer is a problem where you are, is renting time on an online render farm a possibility? I have no idea how much those things cost, it may be even more expensive than getting a computer would be, but it may be worth looking at.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
If getting a decent computer is a problem where you are, is renting time on an online render farm a possibility? I have no idea how much those things cost, it may be even more expensive than getting a computer would be, but it may be worth looking at.
I did. Honestly, it's not worth it. It's too expensive, one, and two, too complicated.

But, good going, man. That's a nice idea in and by itself. Good on you for pointing it out.

Baharomont

Aug 28, 2017
Heh... Art is realy Nice... NTR, ofcouse, it always "F*** it!", but... Well... If you remove it... :D

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Heh... Art is realy Nice... NTR, ofcouse, it always "F*** it!", but... Well... If you remove it... :D
Thank you!

No, this is a game for the cucks, lol. NTR will have to stay. I promised them, I can't go back on my word, now.

Reactions: Smartch

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
"For every 200$ I'll raise on here, I'll add a route with one of the women on the demo."
Does he mean like, for every 200 dollars he gets at the end of the month? Or does he mean in a system where, if he gets 200 dollars = +1 girl, 400 dollars = another girl?
Yea i think so, i dont like the style, so i dont like the game, but taste are diffrent and im much often an a...hole

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Yea i think so, i dont like the style, so i dont like the game, but taste are diffrent and im much often an a...hole
Yeah, no, that's cancelled. I still need the money, but not like that anymore. The game will ship with the planned routes, 2 on the cucked side, 4 on the cucking side. Which is one more route than initially planned.

But it's gonna come when I will be able to actually make the game, though. As things are going now, it's gonna take a while.

Xander Fields

May 12, 2017
This has to be the worst game dev i have ever read about. I read every single message on this thread this "game" is dead. He tried to asset flip and couldnt even do that right. Omg those models its worse than those five nights at freddies things at least that is meant to be scary. Only reason i read through it all was he made his account on my birthday xD figured it would be a good read, and boys i wasn't wrong. The sheer level of zero fucks given by this guys proved he couldnt be trusted with money he would have just ran with it. I dont care if he posted on her last month this project died as a demo and will never even see a version .01. Mods please look into making this abandoned because it has been 9 months of nothing but excuses. Sorry if im coming off as harse just being as truthfully blunt as i can.

NTRlover795

Dec 29, 2019
Sounds like the developer scammed you guys that donated...Best to donate in an already established game. hard lesson to learn ;)

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes