HTML Completed The Allure of Wanton Cove [v1.15] [GateKeeper]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Commando

Oct 13, 2016
allure banner.jpg

Overview:
This is a lovecraftian horror game. My writing style has little in common with H.P. Lovecraft, so instead I am approaching the story from more of a Noir style. That said, this story is intended to be the same kind of horror. Its meant to capture both the dark and hopeless terror and to share in the Cthuhlu Mythos.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2019/01/15
Release Date: 2019/01/12
Developer/Publisher: GateKeeper - -
Censorship: None
Version: 1.15
Language: English
Genre: (Taken from TF Tags)

Installation:

Cheats:

Change-Log:

Download: - - -

Allure docks.png Allure PrimeEnd.jpg Azumi Room.jpg DeepEnd1.png Dream3.jpg nadias.gif Pack.gif Taint Human.jpg

Commando

Oct 13, 2016
It doesn't have a massive plethora of photos like other HTML games, but the writing and the story is quite enjoyable.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So, here I was looking at my Patreon page and checking out where all the traffic has been coming from, and low and behold, this site comes up! Needless to say, I was a little surprised (In a good way) and decided I had better sign up and take a look around.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to all of you. Hope you are all enjoying the game! I'd love to hear your initial thoughts.

The next build of the game has entered the testing phase with the intent of a release some time between the 9th and 12th.

It doesn't have a massive plethora of photos like other HTML games, but the writing and the story is quite enjoyable.
Thank you for the kind words! And thank you for posting the game over here.

Commando

Oct 13, 2016
@GateKeeper

Wow, hey! I am glad you aren't upset I posted your game here, I just wanted to share your game with the F95 community. I love the game, the story is immersive and a change of pace from other games of this type. I am excited to see what is in store next for Wanton Cove. I can tell you put a lot of passion into it.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Upset? You made a beautiful first post in this thread and pointed people to my little project. Its all good.

Game is coming up on two and a half years of work, more than half of the progress has come in the last six months though. The game has been very much a labor of love, and a lot of fun to work on.

I'm curious, how did you find the game originally? You frequent TFGamesSite, or you stumbled across the game somewhere else? As for myself, I had this site bookmarked with the intent of adding the game here eventually, but it came as a surprise to see a had quite a few hits from here when I looked up where everyone was from yesterday (Pleasant surprise) Obviously, I had to poke my nose in when I noticed the game had been posted here. ;)

Commando

Oct 13, 2016
@GateKeeper

Awesome, well I am glad then that I could help give your game some more well deserved attention. I found your game from TFgames, which I frequent a lot, along with Hypnotics. I generally sample various games and gems and some I post here for the community.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Awesome, well I am glad then that I could help give your game some more well deserved attention. I found your game from TFgames, which I frequent a lot, along with Hypnotics. I generally sample various games and gems and some I post here for the community.
Its appreciated. Nothing quite like having your arrival on a site heralded. ;)

TFGamesSite has one of the most active gaming communities I've had the privilege of encountering, and that's part of the reason I spend so much time over there. Hypnotics is another good little community that I lurk around a little bit.

When I have a little time, I'll make a point of posting Futa Apocalypse, The Puppet Master, and Inheritance over here as well. I suspect a couple of those will be well received as well (Inheritance is an early WIP at the moment but one that will hopefully be ready for release before too much longer.)

Commando

Oct 13, 2016
@GateKeeper

I can help you out and make the post. How did you want me to present Futa Apoc, because the files you have for download are a bit confusing as to what is current.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
@GateKeeper

I can help you out and make the post. How did you want me to present Futa Apoc, because the files you have for download are a bit confusing as to what is current.
Futa Apocalypse:
That's ok, I appreciate the offer. Futa Apocalypse started to turn into an unwieldy mess (It was my first project, and while it was a fun story, it was poorly planned on the mechanical front and became nearly impossible to work on.) and when I tried to fix that by breaking the game into individual pieces I only managed to make the whole thing worse (Basically tried for one file per character, but it didn't work out so well). :(

On the flip side of things, I have started planning for a possible reboot of the game. There's a lot of people who REALLY enjoyed the setting, and if I can figure out how to rebuild the game as something of a sandbox setting.

The Puppet Master:
The Puppet Master is my only complete game to date (Though it is also the smallest game I have set out to create by a long shot, and Wanton Cove is rapidly nearing completion). It was written for a competition where it placed third. Not my best work, but its got a small following. I'll make a point of posting that one over here when I have a little time (On vacation with family right now, so time tends to be a little limited. Life returns to what passes for normal in about a week.)

Inheritance:
Inheritance is my current baby. I've released a concept build to the public, and a version that allows you some exploration to Patreons. (Not part of a regular release schedule yet. I have a talented coder helping get a couple of final mechanical things in place, but their time to work on it is fairly limited so progress has been slow on that front) The story follows a young man who inherits an estate from his estranged great uncle with no warning. Once he arrives at the estate, he discovers a sprawling mansion, and two young ladies. The young ladies are sisters and were your great uncle's property. Its up to you how you want to treat them. Turn them into sex slaves? Befriend them? Romance them? Treat them like employees? Pit them against one another? Its all possible. The way you treat the girls will affect how they feel about you, and how they behave, over time. They can fall in love with you, become jealous if you become more affectionate towards their sister, can use one to coax the other into things they may not otherwise do, etc. Or you ban flog, berate, and generally mistreat them like your uncle once did. Depending on how you decide to play the game, it will come off playing like either a slave trainer game, a brothel management game, a whirlwind romance, or a harem style game.

Other Projects:
I have several other projects on the back burner as well. I tend to take game ideas and plan them out a bit when I think of them, taking a lot of notes and creating the framework for a future project. Then I'll sit that aside until I'm ready to pick up another project at which point I can choose from several well thought out projects for a starting point.

I like working on two projects at a time. It allows me to jump between projects fairly regularly and prevents burnout. Basically, any time I experience a bit of writer's block, I can shift gears to work on the other project for a little while which always seems to help. :cool:

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
The Allure of Wanton Cove has my intrigued. However, as of yet, I have been unable to find a Demo or any kind or a old version of the game to take a peek at and see if I am interested. I hope to find one somewhere and to find that my interest is such that I will not only play it and enjoy doing so, but also be willing to donate to the cause.

P.S. If your curious, I found out about the game when you commented on Keys post today and I decided to click and see what you had made, just a fyi

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Let me see if I can remedy this!

This is the link to the most recent Public build. However, there should be a new build out by the end of the week as well.

On my Patreon page, you will see a list of featured tags on the sidebar. "Public Build" will bring up a list of every public build of any of my projects (Right now, that will include Wanton Cove and Inheritance, the latter being in early development and not receiving regular releases yet.) "Patreon build will bring up a list of every Patreon build of any of my projects (Wanton Cove includes a Cheat Menu but no additional content. I started the game as a free project, and intend for it to be free in its entirity through completion. The Cheat Menu is just a little perk for those who are willing/able to help a bit. Inheritance however is an Early Access project, so the Patreon version actually includes a LOT more content at the moment.)

Hope that you enjoy the game, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it if you feel so inclined.

Reactions: herrbertold

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
Thanks GateKeeper, I am downloading it now (I have a big facepalm now for not being able to find the link on my own, lol) I will give it a try sometime today when time permits and I will let you know what I think/how it plays for me.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Thanks GateKeeper, I am downloading it now (I have a big facepalm now for not being able to find the link on my own, lol) I will give it a try sometime today when time permits and I will let you know what I think/how it plays for me.
Wonderful! Will be looking forward to it.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is ready to play for those interested. Enjoy!

Since I have been on vacation the last couple of weeks, this update will be slightly different than most. Instead of a small number of major scenes, this update includes a host of smaller scenes instead.

Patreon Build .83:

Public Build .83:

Changelog .83
-Added several new options fo the Cheat Menu, including additional options related to Taint, ability to remove Mutation, and ability to restore your own female virginity.
-Wrote and added 16 new scenes related to the Park. Many of them are dependent on your current state of Madness or what day it is.
-Wrote and added 6 new scenes related to the Cathedral. Many of them are dependent on your current state of Madness.
-Wrote and added 28 new scenes to the Barmaid's Daughter. Many of these scenes are dependent on your current state of Madness, what day it is, or your current state of transformation.
-Wrote and added 5 new scenes for the Church. Three of them are dependent on Madness.
-Updated "Special Thanks" passage with new Patrons at each relevant level. (6/7/17)
-Added three new pieces of art to the game. All three are related to the "High Taint Bad End" and are intended to reflect your current state of Mutation.
-Added about 5k words of new content to the game, bringing the word count up to just a little under 211k words of content.

The next update will see more of these smaller scenes, (And will continue to see the smaller scenes until every major location in the game has at least a few new ambient scenes.) accompanied by a couple of larger scenes again.

I have no hard date for the next update, but I plan to have it out on the 29th - 30th at the latest and if all goes well it could be as soon as the 23rd - 24th. As usual, I will keep you all posted on progress as it happens.

Reactions: Scultonic

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Is there a link to your game inheritance? I haven't tried that one.

I can do this. I had not yet shared it in many places on the grounds that its still early enough in production that its not on the regular release schedule yet.

Public Build of Inheritance (Keep in mind, this is the first part of the intro and plays like a choose your own adventure style story. This was intended to gauge interest in the setting and characters. If memory serves, this build includes about 8k words of content in total.)

Patreon Build of Inheritance (Has the full intro as well as the ability to explore the mansion, but not much else. This build includes about 20k words of content and is only available to Patrons. Once Patrons receive the random events test, the public will receive this one. Depending on your choices, the intro can play out in about a dozen different ways.)

Hope that helps, and I hope you enjoy Inheritance.

Last edited:
Reactions: revan335
4.60 star(s) 5 Votes