morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
@Apollo Seven

Interesting game with solid mechanics and well thought out rules. Props for that! I spent about 4 hours on it yesterday and today (which shows how much I enjoyed it) and I noted a few things that could use a bit of tweaking to improve the experience, at least from my POV.

Right now the Story mode is slightly too hard and I think there are a couple of reasons for that but it all boils down to:

TF Score of 100 is too low, it should be at least double that (maybe more) and the transformation thresholds where the buy stacks change should be accordingly further apart. The moment you "built" a usable deck with INT cards, you already get mostly Sex cards. After some learning curve you can manage that change, but that means you have to quickly buy up Sex Cards and will VERY rarely be able to buy (and less use) any really high level INT cards, later high Sex cards and so on - which will bite you in the ass during the Boss fights (more about them later). The switch from Sex decks to D/s Deck is even worse as the opponent by then will have stacked on TF cards that you will speed through the 50-75 TF stage so quickly that you will have real problems to make another switch, especially as you will still get a lot of (now useless) INT cards and so on.

Right now the only working strategy I found is to stack up on "Survival Cards" how I call them, cards that give Armor and Card draws. This mostly comes at the price of Offensive (TF) cards and high value cards (2 Scientific Advisors or Paranoia and One Spreadheet are worth MUCH more in "Battle" than "Triumph of the Mind" or what the 8 point INT card is called), which is a bit one-dimensional and does not make use of the tactical potential in the game.
The other tactic I could see (and that I will try out now) is to go for Sex/Bdsm Decks from the get go and try to "nuke" the opponent before he gets too dangerous TF wise. But again, that is a bit restricting in my opinion.

This also makes the "Perks" you can buy mostly useless and better avoided imo. The Boni are nice but not worth the loss of actual time in "Battle" as far as I am concerned.

Then come the Boss Fights... geez. Too much. The mechanics are ok but without a reset of the TF score, you either are super duper lucky and come out of a Battle with 30ish or so TF score or you can just reload. That might be different if you had actually loaded up on high value cards, but right now I was lucky to get hands that give me somewhat around 10 offense and 5 defense every second draw and that is not cutting it really. Here you could REALLY use those high value cards that you mostly did not want or could not buy if you wanted to win the normal battle before.

Lastly, too much is still dependant on pure luck of the draw. If you had a couple of bad hands in the beginning, you are actually better of to reload a save. Thats ok in the first couple of fights, but later you should get some bonus for getting this far, card wise, so that a bit of tactical acumen is rewarded, like with an extra card slot or maybe a "wallet" with some one use cards and so on.
I know that is what the Perks are meant for, but that does not work imo, not with their TF cost at the current 100 TF Budget. And I also know that the unlockable Perks like "Leet Hacker" also already go in that direction, but firstly they are a bit random to unlock as you have little control over your decks and secondly they would need a lot more play time to prove effective (see above).

Gee, what a wall of text, I better wrap this up. My suggestions would be:

Either Increase the TF Threshold from the start or at least add something to it for every conquered enemy (Like maybe 20 to TF per round?) Make it cost something (as a Perk) if you think, but the option would be needed.

Add more cards that can lower the TF score (or a couple of "TF immunity for a round" cards) and add them earlier in the card stacks. So far I always get the one I saw late in the sex/ early in the BDSM stages when I have no chance in hell to pay their high INT price.

Add a mechanic to "dump" TF points before a Boss fight to give the player a fighting chance (maybe in exchange for the highest value cards?)

Anyway, thanks for a good time so far and lots of luck with your game!

.Czar.

Jun 9, 2017
My only real complaint with this game is that battles are over way too fast. Thus it's pretty much impossible to buy and use the highest-tier cards. Which is disappointing.
Oh, and regular non-boss enemies should also have lines of dialogue. Infact, it would be great if you incorporated more lines during battles all around.
As for the rest, it's a really good and enjoyable game.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
What is the cap on ditz cards? Is it equal to the number of bimbo cards you have bought?
There are cards that say "$: put a ditz in your deck". The ditz count is equal to that, i.e. equal to how many ditzes are in your deck.

The difficulty in removing old cards puts a lot of priority on cards that allow extra draws (the one card that can do is well in the flirting stage yet requires blue brains). Not sure if that is intentional or not.
As one of the main mechanics of the game is the basic cards in your deck shifting along with shifting buy piles, getting rid of cards in your deck isn't going to be implemented on a wide scale. It can easily lead to situations where buying cards becomes pretty much impossible.

Because of this, the ways to improve deck consistency are either to draw lots of cards or just have really, really good cards.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
There's a lot of stuff here, so I'm only going to directly respond to a small part of it.

@Apollo Seven
(2 Scientific Advisors or Paranoia and One Spreadheet are worth MUCH more in "Battle" than "Triumph of the Mind" or what the 8 point INT card is called), which is a bit one-dimensional and does not make use of the tactical potential in the game.
This is just completely wrong. Triumph of the Mind is the best card in the game. It's a draw 5 that resets the buy piles and refreshes the in play area as well. It's the only card that can truly go infinite.

@Apollo Seven
This also makes the "Perks" you can buy mostly useless and better avoided imo. The Boni are nice but not worth the loss of actual time in "Battle" as far as I am concerned.
This is a big part of you problem. The perks are very important, not just for their abilities, but the intial TF can actually be an advantage. If you start with high TF levels, you can go straight into buying heart/sub cards. This means you can build a powerful deck based around those kind of cards without letting your opponent ramp up on damage first.

@Apollo Seven
Then come the Boss Fights... geez. Too much. The mechanics are ok but without a reset of the TF score, you either are super duper lucky and come out of a Battle with 30ish or so TF score or you can just reload. That might be different if you had actually loaded up on high value cards, but right now I was lucky to get hands that give me somewhat around 10 offense and 5 defense every second draw and that is not cutting it really. Here you could REALLY use those high value cards that you mostly did not want or could not buy if you wanted to win the normal battle before.
Once you get really good at the game and start using themes and perks effectively, you can one shot the bosses.

Here's a brief overview of general strategies you can use to win. Keep in mind, you usually win (at least I do) by going really big, i.e. doing damage to the boss in the 100s.

Solo brain (using the 'no hear' cards. This is the hardest strategy for thematic reasons)
Femme Fatale (use both heart and brain cards. Try to get the theme bonuses that upgrade hearts. Being able to use both Triumph of the Mind and Cock Tease in the same deck is very powerful)
Heart focused (Upgraded Cock tease is the center of this strategy, the modifier that adds 1 heart to all heart generation is essential)
Late game focused (Start at around 70 TF, the card draw around this level is very high, you can build decks that draw the whole thing in one turn consistantly fairly easily. The Sex Change modifier is essential.)
Do whatever your transformation is (Bimbo is high card draw and no brain, Maid wants to be high submission and try to clean as little as possible while still using the payoff cards, Hucow wants to make the game go as long as possible and turtle).

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
First, I am the wrong person for this game. I don't particularly like card games, and was playing it to get to the story... and there wasn't much story. I would recommend, as someone else pointed out, you need a better "victory" scene than congratulations, now you get a new opponent. Something along the lines of the "pit" defeat when you beat a boss.
Since we never see the opponents cards (except for bosses), I am mildly curious whether you created an AI to play against us, or just used a "cheat" to simulate the opponents play. IMO, cheating is the way to go. It actually lets you do a BETTER job of making opponents difficulty levels rise or fall, than trying to get an AI to use less optimum strategies for picking cards.

now for the game play (again, I am BAD at card games, so take it with a grain of salt)-
After my first game (where I got slaughtered), I went with the "buy fewer cards, but make them draws, TFs or shields" strategy. So I pretty much stopped buying cards after the IQ ones stopped appearing. It worked well for the regular opponents, but that first boss took forever (it didn't help that I started at 64 TF, and HE started with the "Heal 10 points"). Going from avoiding the useless multi resource cards (x3 hearts? they are cheap, why do I need that many resource to leave on the table) to needing them for the boss was quite jarring. (I am in awe of the guy who says he basically 1 shots the bosses, hitting the for 100+ damage- how did he get the right cards to pop?)

So, I deliberately stayed away from the 50 TF boni for story purposes, and because it seemed it would leave me with 8 useless cards (out of 10) at the start- but some of the comments above seem to indicate the brain bursts would mutate to something useful? If so, that was probably the best choice (half TF, rounded down). The only Boni that I felt was useful was the eyelashes (because I concentrated on IQ cards, with some hearts later). "Blonde" also didn't seem that it would be that bad, except it didn't work every hand. And I was surprised that if I accidently clicked on the "ditz" cards, I would lose random cards.

Some gameplay suggestions-
Make the 4th pile cards (that you can buy multiples of, and seem to be always resource cards) buyable with any generic resource (IQ, hearts, submission), so you can pick them up as your TF advances
Give the player a "swap" card - count it as a deck card, but allow the player to hold it until he wants to use it, by swapping it for one of the cards in his hand.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
First, I am the wrong person for this game. I don't particularly like card games, and was playing it to get to the story... and there wasn't much story. I would recommend, as someone else pointed out, you need a better "victory" scene than congratulations, now you get a new opponent. Something along the lines of the "pit" defeat when you beat a boss.
That stuff will come eventually. Programming is more fun than writing, but I'll write that stuff at some point.

Since we never see the opponents cards (except for bosses), I am mildly curious whether you created an AI to play against us, or just used a "cheat" to simulate the opponents play. IMO, cheating is the way to go. It actually lets you do a BETTER job of making opponents difficulty levels rise or fall, than trying to get an AI to use less optimum strategies for picking cards.
The opponent is indeed not actually playing the game.

now for the game play (again, I am BAD at card games, so take it with a grain of salt)-
After my first game (where I got slaughtered), I went with the "buy fewer cards, but make them draws, TFs or shields" strategy. So I pretty much stopped buying cards after the IQ ones stopped appearing. It worked well for the regular opponents, but that first boss took forever (it didn't help that I started at 64 TF, and HE started with the "Heal 10 points"). Going from avoiding the useless multi resource cards (x3 hearts? they are cheap, why do I need that many resource to leave on the table) to needing them for the boss was quite jarring.
You have build your deck to win both the normal opponent and the boss. That's part of the strategy.

(I am in awe of the guy who says he basically 1 shots the bosses, hitting the for 100+ damage- how did he get the right cards to pop?)
Lol that guy was me, the creator of the game.

So, I deliberately stayed away from the 50 TF boni for story purposes, and because it seemed it would leave me with 8 useless cards (out of 10) at the start- but some of the comments above seem to indicate the brain bursts would mutate to something useful?
If you start with higher TF, your basic cards change to be what they would be if you reached that level naturally. You know how brainstorms change into flirts over time? That process happens automatically before the start if you raise your TF.

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
I've been able to do 40-60 damage hits on the bosses, but I am not consistent on it. Though they seem to linearly scale in HP based on how many rounds you have gone in story mode so eventually you will get overwhelmed.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I've been able to do 40-60 damage hits on the bosses, but I am not consistent on it. Though they seem to linearly scale in HP based on how many rounds you have gone in story mode so eventually you will get overwhelmed.
There are only 3 bosses. After you beat the 3rd boss (in round 4) you win.

Murcielago

Mar 13, 2018
@Apollo Seven i really like the game and have already talked a touch about my thoughts on some balance "issues" but in my opinion the most glaring problem is how much easier it is to consistently get a good submission deck that draw half the deck every turn and can then also buy everything it ever wants for even more good cards, compared to getting a good heart deck and especially getting a good mind deck.

The "aggro" mind deck is pretty good but it's very all in and you just have to hope you get enough key cards fast enough to do it as if you get too much TF on you quickly you get stuck with a deck that's useless until submission cards.
The heart deck is pretty fine imo, both the hybrid decks are fine and it has a good mix of cards (also boasting probably the best super card relative to the ease of getting it)

The submission deck (at least for maid and bimbo) is absurdly powerful and trivial to get going if you start with high TF as it boasts the best card draw (a very cheap draw 2 and a draw 3 that seems weighed much higher than it's power should allow)

It also doesnt help that maid (which is honestly a bit too good, especially once you trigger the maid card bonus) also gets definitely the best payoffs from their bonus, as it's way easier and less disruptive to your deck to keep cleaning as a maid than it is to stuff your deck with ditzes. because of this it's really easy to get all the maid payoffs constantly at max value. Maid also gets some offense in my book because their "gain all ressources" card is WAY better than the others and lets a purely submission geared deck pick up extra turn cards from mind and even more strong draw from hearts like anal.

On the topic of hucow power my main issue is that the deck needs a lot of time to get going but has pretty bad early breast size cards. If the breast size cantrip could appear easier, or there were just more good early breast size cards that didnt disrupt your deck a lot by having basically no other meaningful effect the whole thing would run much more smoothly. As is the strategy generally leads to overkill as by the time you finished your setup, you probably already killed any normal opponent (or lost cause you spent too many ressources investing in your tits) and killing bosses is never really an issue for a good deck.

I also think that sex change is much too good and is miles ahead of all other items not just because it's the best at getting you to submission cards faster but also because it effectively doubles the value of all defense cards and takes off a damage off of half the hits you take as it always rounds down.

I feel if the TF cap/goal were higher and things were stretched a bit the mind deck and also somewhat the heart deck would have less punishing patterns where you have to gamble that you assemble all your pieces before time runs out, and it would also allow the hucow stuff more proper setup.

rentabag

Oct 6, 2017
I think the game is neat. I've played enough to go infinite with Triumph of the Mind.

I think attack TF feels weak compared to shield. The way the game is presented right now is that there's no benefit to you mechanically if your opponent is at 1 TF or 99 TF. Since computer doesn't play the game its unclear if putting your opponent at 50 TF quick is actually worse for you because then they'll attack you with more TF. Late game, if you are behind in TF is easy to catch back up with big TF turns with cards like Blowjob, Ride 'em Cowgirl and Air Tight.

Shield lets you stall the game which gives you longer to try to build a better sculpted deck. Its seems like you would almost always rather generate 4 TF and 4 Shield versus generating 8 TF.

Maybe a more explicit timer / scoring mechanic that incentives players to try to end the game quicker.

The buy is fairly small at three cards, so cards that just generate resources or generate resources with a small amount of TF feel very weak. Over generating mismatched resources seems to be the easiest way to waste a turn in the game.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Took me 2 days to get an only-Mind deck to win against the bosses (no transformations, the least amount of TF possible and the Corrective Surgery to drop it as much as possible) but the key to my win ended up being a full on Tech(?) with some Call a Friends and All Nighters to cycle towards my Countermeasures. With the amount of shields I had, I finished the game with around 35 total TF. It was really difficult but possible. That makes me wonder why there isn't a theme focused around Mind (like the Femme Fatale, but for mind only).

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
@Apollo Seven
I also think that sex change is much too good and is miles ahead of all other items not just because it's the best at getting you to submission cards faster but also because it effectively doubles the value of all defense cards and takes off a damage off of half the hits you take as it always rounds down.
I think this is the main reason the sub strategy is so powerful. You should be on the edge of losing and have a harder time building a consistent deck before losing, but Sex Change is powerful enough that that isn't really an issue. Now thematically, Sex Change being the best relic is good because it more than any other option signifies giving into your captors, but it is a bit much. It's being nerfed in .36

I think attack TF feels weak compared to shield. The way the game is presented right now is that there's no benefit to you mechanically if your opponent is at 1 TF or 99 TF. Since computer doesn't play the game its unclear if putting your opponent at 50 TF quick is actually worse for you because then they'll attack you with more TF.
Your opponents' damage scales over time, putting them at a higher TF has no effect. So putting them at a higher TF and ending the game faster improves your survivability. Fewer turns means less opportunities to attack you, lower damage max and lower limit, etc. Shield is definitely better than TF, but that's fine with me.

Took me 2 days to get an only-Mind deck to win against the bosses (no transformations, the least amount of TF possible and the Corrective Surgery to drop it as much as possible) but the key to my win ended up being a full on Tech(?) with some Call a Friends and All Nighters to cycle towards my Countermeasures. With the amount of shields I had, I finished the game with around 35 total TF. It was really difficult but possible. That makes me wonder why there isn't a theme focused around Mind (like the Femme Fatale, but for mind only).
There is one. What I think is the most effective mind strategy is to use the cards with the "brain" theme (Quick Thinking, Purity of Mind, Double Down, Rethink It, Eureka, Mental Shield, Triumph of the Mind and Mental Mastery) to get the trait "Genius" in round 1. That makes all your brainstorms give 2 brain instead of 1. This is hard to pull off as you need to play 4 of those cards in a turn to get the trait, the easiest way to do that is to use triumph of the mind as restarting the turn doesn't reset your theme count.

rentabag

Oct 6, 2017
I think Purity of Mind, Eureka, Rethink It, Double Down and Quick Thinking are all super situational because the buy is random and only three cards. The extra brain is useless most of the time. Rethink It is super expensive unless you are drawing your entire deck.

I feel like you trigger Genius with mass Mental Shields or when you can draw your entire deck and do a sequence like Double Down, Rethink - Buy Cards with Draw or Rethink, then Rethink - Double Down -etc.

Reactions: SnuggleNFap

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
.36 is out.

.36:

Bug Fixes:
A lot, I didn't document them. If in the future you would like bug fixes to be documented and added to release notes, let me know.

Interface Changes:
Added skip intro button for story mode
Moved deal button to above the players hand
Added mod support for full player avatar swaps instead of just one sequence (added a series of real life porn images in the mod folder to use with this feature. Credit to Avi for the images.)

Card changes:
Online Research transitions to Feminine Wiles at 20 (up from 15)
Feminine Wiles transitions to Fashion Magazine at 35 (up from 30)
Guest entertainment to 7 rainbow (from 8)
Pleasing Master, Learn your Place and Pecking Order all give 11-dirty of their resource (from 12)
Doggy Style nerfed to draw up to 4 (from 5)
Swallow nerfed to draw up to 3 (from 4)
Eureka to 7 (from 8)
Professional Help to 5 (from 6)

Traits:
Sex Change now applies shield before halving damage instead of after.

BanditKitty

Sep 2, 2017
I agree with some other posters that the game seems to go by too quickly. I think doubling the total TF is a bit much, but perhaps increasing it to 150 would be better (and obviously increasing the TF at which cards change in proportion to that).

It would also be nice if the cards at some identification on them for what TF level they show up at. It would be good to know if this is effectively your "last chance" at getting some of the very good cards like Cock Tease.

4.50 star(s) 56 Votes