• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Text display errors with MV

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with A Goblin's Tale and now it is happening to me again, this time with Never Saint. They are both RPG Maker MV games, so I am assuming it relates to that, but I do have other games that play fine. Here's how it goes:

I opened the game, and it played fine. I got maybe half an hour into the game, saved, and closed the game. I came back later the same day, opened the game, and now it's not displaying text properly. On the Load screen, there is NO text at all on the save files. In the game, the text in the text boxes is choppy. It displays some letters fine, others not at all, and some with only a sliver of the bottom of the letter. Like so:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sadly, I do not recall how I fixed this with A Goblin's Tale, I may have downloaded a *.dll file?
Anyone know what this is about? Or why it only happens after saving a game and reloading the program?

EDIT: I just checked my newest version of A Goblin's Tale and it IS happening there again as well. Perhaps they are both using the same font or a plugin that is causing this? I still have other MV games that are currently running fine. ... Okay, I just checked over a dozen MV games, some that look like translations and some that seem to be US by nature. The only other one that gave me problem was PowerUp. Everything else seems to be working.

Last edited: