DeathShip

Sep 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure it just me but when i start the game this error pops up (Error: cannot execute macro <<nobr>>: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined). I searched and couldn't find any solution, if you guys have a solution can you help me.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I'm pretty sure it just me but when i start the game this error pops up (Error: cannot execute macro <<nobr>>: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined). I searched and couldn't find any solution, if you guys have a solution can you help me.
That...shouldn't be happening. And oddly no one else is getting that error. This is version 0.6.3, yes?

I suspect your download might have been corrupted. Try re-downloading.

elistraee

Feb 25, 2017
um, bug report : kind of bugged when u enter the combat arena naked match as sorceress against another sorceress

tested again: problem only happens when i spam lust bolt

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

Last edited:

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
um, bug report : kind of bugged when u enter the combat arena naked match as sorceress against another sorceress

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
Thanks for the bug report.

I'm currently neck-deep in projects atm, but later this week I'll fix the bugs and get out another release. Hopefully I can also finish the public exposure code as well, so that my release is more than just bugfixes.

Speculations

Nov 14, 2016
You guys are making me change my mind about releasing art for the game, you know... :)

Here's a head shot of a certain naughty nun from the game. Yes, the full-body art for this character is already finished, but I'm not ready to integrate it just yet. Adding art to the game was supposed to happen after my Patreon reached $100, so releasing it early isn't exactly fair to the people who ARE paying for it already. Frankly, I was amazed at how few people clicked on the "gimme dem pics!" option on my Patreon poll, compared to filling in placeholder content or even adding more TFs to the game.
Likely due to the fact that your supports enjoy Text games and as such are more preferable to seeing content finished rather than pics. In many cases if you hire someone for art you can do both so the poll was odd unless you also hire out coders and such too. You could instead ask what characters people want art of first then a second poll as to what content people want you to do next.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017

Ok, I just tried to reproduce this error from a fresh game, going to the combat arena without doing anything else first. Spamming lust bolt (whether you win or lose) works fine for me.

Can you post a save from immediately before you go to the combat arena?

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I went ahead and added a "reported bugs" section to the initial post, so you all can see what bugs have been reported. The ones with strikethrough are ones I've fixed but haven't released yet. I included bugs that were reported on tfgamessite as well, so you won't end up double reporting bugs I already know about.

By the end of the week, I'm hoping to have the public exposure scenes all written, and I'll do an incremental release of that along with all of the bugfixes thus far.

elistraee

Feb 25, 2017
Ok, I just tried to reproduce this error from a fresh game, going to the combat arena without doing anything else first. Spamming lust bolt (whether you win or lose) works fine for me.

Can you post a save from immediately before you go to the combat arena?
um didn't save beforehand, but i got a save thats in the middle of the fight that can reproduce the error, just spam lust bolt after loading the save

DeathShip

Sep 30, 2017
That...shouldn't be happening. And oddly no one else is getting that error. This is version 0.6.3, yes?

I suspect your download might have been corrupted. Try re-downloading.
I tried re-downloading and it didn't work. I fixed it though it was chrome just acting up.
edit: it is version 0.6.3

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
um didn't save beforehand, but i got a save thats in the middle of the fight that can reproduce the error, just spam lust bolt after loading the save
I went back and tested this with version 0.6.3, and was able to reproduce your error. Then I tried with my latest code (where I've fixed other bugs already) and it didn't happen. So I guess I already fixed your bug. Good to know.

Reactions: elistraee

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
Your version 0.6.0 is from IMMEDIATELY after the big tentacle "mystery event". And yes, there were some pretty big bugs in that. Within a day and a half of that release, three bugfix releases went out as bugs were reported and quickly squashed. 0.6.3 is much more stable, and the main bug I know about from that is the issue with sorceress combat, due to needing to refactor the combat mechanics in order to release 0.6.0.

The game is under active development. Ergo, it's going to have bugs. Those bugs will NORMALLY get quickly squashed, but I'm in the middle of adding a "public exposure" mechanic and while the code for that is done, the new scenes aren't.

What do you guys think? Should I comment that code out for now, just so I can fix the sorceress combat issue, and do another bugfix release? Or wait until the "public exposure" mechanic is finished?
Ooh, the creator is here in the thread it seems, nice. As I said, I really liked what you did earlier, good stuff man. :)

I was speaking more about the current state of the game from my (a player's) PoV, than criticizing it as being a shitty. bug infested, highly unfinished game in general, which it's not. This game has a fair bit of content and the update speed is quite fast actually, well so far anyway. It also seems you are adding pics to the game at some point if I understood that post with the nun? If that's the case, you most likely got yourself a new patreon in the not to distant future. :)

I did get the same game-breaking bugs in 0.6.3 as I did in 0.6 unfortunately, the worst offender/buggy part of the game seems to be in combat vs the tentacles as well as saving the game, which is also not working unless you save the file to your hdd.

The saving part might be due to opening the game with google chrome though. I remember reading in another thread here on F95 that it was due to cookies or some such problem with twine/chrome when that particular saving "bug" pops up. That bug is very weird, since saving the game in most Twine/SugarCube/html games works fine (as did this game up till 0.6), while a few has this bug which forces me to save the whole file on my hdd instead of using the game-engines own save system.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Ooh, the creator is here in the thread it seems, nice. As I said, I really liked what you did earlier, good stuff man. :)
Thanks! :3

tysssart said:
I was speaking more about the current state of the game from my (a player's) PoV, than criticizing it as being a shitty. bug infested, highly unfinished game in general, which it's not. This game has a fair bit of content and the update speed is quite fast actually, well so far anyway. It also seems you are adding pics to the game at some point if I understood that post with the nun? If that's the case, you most likely got yourself a new patreon in the not to distant future. :)
There will be banner art at the start of the game, plus that one commission you've already seen a head-shot of, before the end of April, luck willing.

tysssart said:
I did get the same game-breaking bugs in 0.6.3 as I did in 0.6 unfortunately, the worst offender/buggy part of the game seems to be in combat vs the tentacles as well as saving the game, which is also not working unless you save the file to your hdd.
That's...weird. I've never had a problem saving. Loading yes...but only on unreleased code. Try downloading another Twine game (I highly recommend Parasite Infection, available through here or tfgamessite) and see if you have the same issue saving. If you do, then your browser local storage is corrupted and needs flushing.

tysssart said:
The saving part might be due to opening the game with google chrome though. I remember reading in another thread here on F95 that it was due to cookies or some such problem with twine/chrome when that particular saving "bug" pops up. That bug is very weird, since saving the game in most Twine/SugarCube/html games works fine (as did this game up till 0.6), while a few has this bug which forces me to save the whole file on my hdd instead of using the game-engines own save system.
I use Google Chrome for development, so it's definitely not an issue with Chrome in general. In any case, I expect to have a bugfix release including the new public exposure mechanic sometime this weekend. My free time just freed up a LOT and I'm going to make good use of it. ;)

k3oma

Apr 25, 2018
hey it may be another bug i found, no matter what i do i get this error if iam fighting tentacles or bandits and cant exit the battle.

<<if !$npcsMolest && $player.flags.sensuaHermCockBargain && !$player.flags["CapturedTentacle"]>>

and this error after iam stuck and continue to fight

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: en is undefined
<<set $combataction to combat.combatAction(0, $enemies[$target], $action)>>

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
hey it may be another bug i found, no matter what i do i get this error if iam fighting tentacles or bandits and cant exit the battle.

<<if !$npcsMolest && $player.flags.sensuaHermCockBargain && !$player.flags["CapturedTentacle"]>>

and this error after iam stuck and continue to fight

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: en is undefined
<<set $combataction to combat.combatAction(0, $enemies[$target], $action)>>
Yes, that's all part of the same bug I've already fixed. I'll be pushing out fixes along with the new public exposure mechanic I'm working on, very soon.

The public exposure code has been taking much longer than I expected to finish, but I should be able to finally wrap it up either this week or at the very latest, this weekend. I'll also be pushing out SOME of the paid content for April, with a bunch more paid content over the next two and a half weeks or so to make up for the slow progress on the overall content.

Aralene

Feb 23, 2018
So ah, is it not possible to give birth yet? Because I stopped getting pregnancy morning events after the ones that talk about not being able to sleep because of spending all night having sex, and then I just get stuck being pregnant forever.

Edit: forgot to mention but I also can't meet Sensua at all? I got the notification to meet her but no matter what I do I just get the generic church message for the nuns moving around.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
So ah, is it not possible to give birth yet? Because I stopped getting pregnancy morning events after the ones that talk about not being able to sleep because of spending all night having sex, and then I just get stuck being pregnant forever.

Edit: forgot to mention but I also can't meet Sensua at all? I got the notification to meet her but no matter what I do I just get the generic church message for the nuns moving around.
Tentacle birth isn't implemented yet, but it's coming soon.

You should be able to meet Sensua. She's available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays after afternoon mass. You just have to go back inside the church afterwards.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Similar yet different bug report:
I met the bandits in the forest, lost the first time, tried to run but ultimately bought my way out. Now I'm without my Panthaur servent... or whatever her race is called in game.
After recovering, I went back into the forest to meet the bandits and try to win this time.
I won, and I got the bad conditional expression error (along with another one). So I thought "Maybe winning wasn't envisioned".
I intentionally lost the next time, same error. This makes the fight never ending. Even running out of energy doesn't snap it out its error-funk.
My character is also pregnant with tentacle twins.

I started as an Elf Alchemist, if this matters any.

Aralene

Feb 23, 2018
Tentacle birth isn't implemented yet, but it's coming soon.

You should be able to meet Sensua. She's available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays after afternoon mass. You just have to go back inside the church afterwards.
I tried that as well as waiting a week and meeting Kaede on different days of the week but it just never works.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Similar yet different bug report:
I met the bandits in the forest, lost the first time, tried to run but ultimately bought my way out. Now I'm without my Panthaur servent... or whatever her race is called in game.
After recovering, I went back into the forest to meet the bandits and try to win this time.
I won, and I got the bad conditional expression error (along with another one). So I thought "Maybe winning wasn't envisioned".
I intentionally lost the next time, same error. This makes the fight never ending. Even running out of energy doesn't snap it out its error-funk.
My character is also pregnant with tentacle twins.

I started as an Elf Alchemist, if this matters any.
The bandits in the forest event isn't supposed to repeat, so that's a bug. Also, your missing panther-taur will show up again in two days after getting lost in the forest.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes