Aralene

Feb 23, 2018
This is my 3rd post so as soon as it gets approved, sure I think :p
Edit: There. One's from before the church opens up and the 2nd is placed on the nearest eligible date.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
This is my 3rd post so as soon as it gets approved, sure I think :p
Edit: There. One's from before the church opens up and the 2nd is placed on the nearest eligible date.
I see what happened. I goofed with when that reminder was triggered. Instead of displaying when Keawe asks you to locate a crystal, it should INSTEAD trigger when you go inside the Church and "ask about crystals". But to be able to visit Sensua (instead of the Abbottess), you'll have to do that when your arousal is high.

Already fixed and ready for the upcoming release -- which will be this weekend!!

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
FINALLY!!!

Version 0.7.0 is out. I'm going to go take a Prozac and chill for a bit while my wrists recover from the ordeal of getting this released... o_O

EDIT: Bugfix release to fix a game-breaking bug and some other misc bugs.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
what do you mean with *it was fun while it lasted* it is literally the first tag you fill see, so you can delete all your happiness instantly o3or
don't you know? perverted people read backwards, 'cause the most perverted stuff is usually written at the end ^^.

Reactions: ViktorReznov

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Only doing this because I see that Mouseguru is active on this thread, which is a great thing.

Couple quick points of constructive criticism:

As someone else mentioned, I'd highly recommend some additional screenshots. NOT of the artwork, but of the game itself. I know it sounds weird, but if your game is primarily focused around that, don't be ashamed of it. Find a part in the game where the text really fits the overall vibe of the game, screenshot the game, and add those to the original post. One or two pieces of the artwork are fine along side 3 or 4 of the game engine running the text to give people a feel for what they're in for.

Also, I don't know exactly how to phrase this, but several times in this thread I see mention of "paid content" and I can't tell you why but that feels very offputting. I'm not saying you shouldn't have that, or that you shouldn't try to make money off your work. By all means you should. But the specific verbiage you're using is a bit ... well ... I can't come up with a better term than offputting to be honest. I'd suggest stripping out most of the references to the paid content, and instead just mention that there is a "patron" or "supporter version" available for anyone who likes the "free" version. That way anyone who tries out your game, and likes it, can choose to support you if they want, and see what additional content they receive. By saying there's content locked behind a paywall, it automatically makes me not even want to try it out.

I know that's a silly thing, because I know that a lot of games offer perks to their patrons or supporters, that I won't see because I don't really get into the game. But throwing it out there in the original post and calling it "paid content" just tastes a little sour. May be a minor point that only sticks with me. But then again, I am the kind of person who DOES support artists monetarily, but only after I've tried a demo and decided that I liked what I saw up to that point.

Anyways, hopefully those two points come across in the way they were intended, which is in the spirit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Cheers.

Reactions: BakaG and Benimaro

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Only doing this because I see that Mouseguru is active on this thread, which is a great thing.

Couple quick points of constructive criticism:

As someone else mentioned, I'd highly recommend some additional screenshots. NOT of the artwork, but of the game itself. I know it sounds weird, but if your game is primarily focused around that, don't be ashamed of it. Find a part in the game where the text really fits the overall vibe of the game, screenshot the game, and add those to the original post. One or two pieces of the artwork are fine along side 3 or 4 of the game engine running the text to give people a feel for what they're in for.

Also, I don't know exactly how to phrase this, but several times in this thread I see mention of "paid content" and I can't tell you why but that feels very offputting. I'm not saying you shouldn't have that, or that you shouldn't try to make money off your work. By all means you should. But the specific verbiage you're using is a bit ... well ... I can't come up with a better term than offputting to be honest. I'd suggest stripping out most of the references to the paid content, and instead just mention that there is a "patron" or "supporter version" available for anyone who likes the "free" version. That way anyone who tries out your game, and likes it, can choose to support you if they want, and see what additional content they receive. By saying there's content locked behind a paywall, it automatically makes me not even want to try it out.

I know that's a silly thing, because I know that a lot of games offer perks to their patrons or supporters, that I won't see because I don't really get into the game. But throwing it out there in the original post and calling it "paid content" just tastes a little sour. May be a minor point that only sticks with me. But then again, I am the kind of person who DOES support artists monetarily, but only after I've tried a demo and decided that I liked what I saw up to that point.

Anyways, hopefully those two points come across in the way they were intended, which is in the spirit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Cheers.
Screenshots of the game is a good suggestion, I can do that.

As far as paid content goes, I should probably make it clear that the free content is about 85% to 90% of the game - and the game will ALWAYS be free and never be "a release behind" what goes to Patreon supporters. The paid content is an additional bonus to people who want to support development of the game.

Guys, look at it from my perspective. I'm putting a lot of effort into this and didn't just throw a half-assed game together just to earn money on Patreon. So far, every dollar I've earned AND THEN SOME has gone to commissioning artwork. Commissioning that art isn't free, so how should it get paid for?

With Tentacle Slave, you have an active developer who's participating in the game thread here on F95Zone. You have high-quality content that will have commissioned artwork added over time. I'm willing to hear suggestions and make changes based on people's input.

Whether you think that's worth something or not is certainly up to you, but I'm hoping you can at least understand why I would *have* paid content.

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Again, im not saying get rid of a pay structure, im just saying word it differently. I think you need to re-read and understand my point.

Reactions: BakaG

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Again, im not saying get rid of a pay structure, im just saying word it differently. I think you need to re-read and understand my point.
I actually did change my main post to reflect your suggestion, regarding not calling it "paid content." That part of the reply was actually more for Criticaster than you.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. :)

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I've managed to recreate the error:
It happens between Sunday night and Monday morning the first week if you've spent all your money on stuff.
This time I toggled the error view (the little right-facing triangle next to the error) and got an expanded error message

Error: macro <<div>> does not exist
<<div class="debt">Debt: <<print $player.debt>>

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I've managed to recreate the error:
It happens between Sunday night and Monday morning the first week if you've spent all your money on stuff.
This time I toggled the error view (the little right-facing triangle next to the error) and got an expanded error message

Error: macro <<div>> does not exist
<<div class="debt">Debt: <<print $player.debt>>
Ok, I've found the bug. It should only happen if you're REALLY low on funds as of Sunday night and can't afford the cost of maintaining your servant plus your weekly food allowance. If you have plenty of coin, that should never appear.

Let me know how much coin you have when this happens, just so I can make sure this is working properly. I can fix the bug in the next release.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I had zero coins. I wanted to see what happens if you'd spent everything.
What it's *supposed* to do is put you into debt, and there's a small limit on how much debt you can take out. When I do the Patreon release (in about a week), I'll put out a fix for that at the same time.

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
Ran into an issue. Took the first bandit down with the knife, took the second male down with trank darts and finally took out the female bandit with trank darts...was rewarded with the text section going blank....no links, nothing.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Ran into an issue. Took the first bandit down with the knife, took the second male down with trank darts and finally took out the female bandit with trank darts...was rewarded with the text section going blank....no links, nothing.
Ok, upload a save from before the bandit fight and I'll fix it.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes