W65

May 31, 2018
Merely changing the description of what happens while still allowing a player a choice not only is counter to the concept of low dominance being submissive (IOW, the MC doesn't care enough to express a preference or may even like having others choose for her), but it also renders the extra work that a player has to do to earn high dominance rather fruitless. In short, it'd be illogical and unbalanced.
Yeah, again, it kinda gets at whether the dev wants the player's agency to be tied directly to stat choices. The sub/dom dichotomy seems to be kinda strong in this game, far as I can tell, so it might not make much sense to do what I suggested.

I guess kinda by the nature of the beast it's going take more player effort to be dominant than submissive in pretty much any gaming context. I never really thought about that, but it sorta makes submission into a default rather than an actual object for the player. Hm. I get the feeling I'm thinking about this the wrong way, though.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Yeah, again, it kinda gets at whether the dev wants the player's agency to be tied directly to stat choices. The sub/dom dichotomy seems to be kinda strong in this game, far as I can tell, so it might not make much sense to do what I suggested.

I guess kinda by the nature of the beast it's going take more player effort to be dominant than submissive in pretty much any gaming context. I never really thought about that, but it sorta makes submission into a default rather than an actual object for the player. Hm. I get the feeling I'm thinking about this the wrong way, though.
It's more that I haven't YET coded easy ways for the player to increase their dominance (like implementing the Fetish Club properly, for instance). I do intend to make being dominant, very different from being submissive, and in that vein, I haven't YET coded a lot of variety for being submissive.

Suggestions on that front are welcome, btw.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I put up an artwork poll on Patreon (link in the first post in this thread). Vote for the next art you'd like to see added to the game!

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I've been making steady progress on the tentacle submit path, and some progress on the path where Keawe refuses to help you any more. By the end of this month, I should be most of the way done with my original plans for the tentacle submit path, and finished with my plans for Keawe refusing to help you any more. I won't get to the tentacle control content just yet.

By about Feb 10th (with two weekends in between now and then), I should have the rest of my planned content done. It'll take a little longer than I'd like, but that's actually just about a month since my previous (debug) release, so that's not too bad. I'll do an interim release closer to the end of the month, and then a final release around Feb. 10th.

After that, I'd like to do a bit of catch-up for the Patreon content I've been neglecting. Afterwards, I'm going to keep adding more content for the tentacle submit and tentacle control paths through the end of February (since the one where Keawe refuses to help you will nicely merge into the tentacle submit path, by the time I'm finished with my latest additions!). Finally, when I do my Feb 10th release, I'll post another poll on which content you'd like to see me focus on in March!

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
After that, I'd like to do a bit of catch-up for the Patreon content I've been neglecting.
As awesome a status update as that is (thank you very much btw), I think it might be better to focus on some of the Patron content first, unless it's dependent on other things to come i.e. Submit path etc. Y'know, 'cause Patrons & all that.;)

Before anyone jumps on me for saying the above, I'm not a Patron of this game/Mouseguru.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
As awesome a status update as that is (thank you very much btw), I think it might be better to focus on some of the Patron content first, unless it's dependent on other things to come i.e. Submit path etc. Y'know, 'cause Patrons & all that.;)

Before anyone jumps on me for saying the above, I'm not a Patron of this game/Mouseguru.
I hear you...I just don't like to leave things half-finished. And by half-finished, I mean lacking a nice, juicy sex scene that the new content for the "submit to tentacles" path promises. ;)

I will make it up to you with moar Patreon goodness, though!!

Reactions: Snugglepuff

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Well!! That's quite a surprise. It looks like Alora the Noblewoman came out on top in my Patreon poll, for the artwork to get commissioned next!

Other than a brief meeting (where she's fully clothed), Alora's art is only in the Patreon version of the game. Since I don't want to leave the rest of you out in the cold...I'm going to commission some of Alora's art AND some of the second place choice, next.

That second place choice is, surprisingly, furry-izing the player's tentacle "gift" scenes that occur when you lose the tentacle attack on your house. During the game, the player can meet the Fae priestess and agree to join her in exchange for a slow transformation to either a vixen or a tigress, and it eventually WILL be possible to get furry-transformed and, later, get a tentacle "gift."

That being the case...it looks like writing the events that lead a player who's chosen to align themselves with the coven of the Old Gods, and the Fae priestess in particular, will be part of my goals for February and March. Very surprising, considering that the "coven of the Old Gods" choice was the LEAST favorite of any of them, in the content Patreon poll from the end of last month!

What do you all think? Since we have somewhat contradictory choices (content vs. art), do you think this makes sense?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I would prefer to see art for Reyna 1st, and Alora 2nd. Vivianne would be my 3rd choice, the Fae in the bar as my 4th place choice.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I would prefer to see art for Reyna 1st, and Alora 2nd. Vivianne would be my 3rd choice, the Fae in the bar as my 4th place choice.
Umm...given how the poll went, that wouldn't exactly be fair to other people who voted. Right now Alora is in first place, furry-izing the tentacle gift scenes is second place, more Felicia art is third and Captain Roberts is fourth.

What I meant is, is it reasonable for me to work on the coven of the Old Gods path (which came in last place in the polling) in order to show off the art that came in second place -- since most of the first place art won't be available for people playing the free version of the game?

Other alternatives would be:

• Just commission the furry-izing art and link it in the first post in this thread for now.
  • Postpone the furry-izing art, and commission more Felicia art instead.
Thoughts?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I was just expressing my own opinion as to which art I feel the game most needs. I was not really trying to directly answer the question that you posed. Especially since I am not (yet) a patron.

My reasoning for the above (which a poll does not ask nor answer) is: There are more scenes with Reyna than with any other NPC that the MC interacts with who does not yet have art. Alora is a distant second using that same criteria, followed by Vivianne. Having some art to spice up walls of text improves the game, but given a choice more scenes and good writing will always beat out 'fluff' like art in an HTML game. Ideally, of course, a game will have both.

The various church girls that the MC tries to corrupt have more scenes than the Fae woman, but I listed the Fae as 4th because I think her art would be cool.

However, you have to cater to your patrons' desires, and I'll mention again that I am not one of them. I'm just an avid fan. To directly answer your question, I think that you should "Postpone the furry-izing art, and commission more Felicia art instead."

One final comment: one must be careful how one crafts a poll as what is asked and how it is asked can very much skew the result. Since I am not a patron I have no idea what the poll asked or its exact wording or the available choices that you gave to your patrons.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I was just expressing my own opinion as to which art I feel the game most needs. I was not really trying to directly answer the question that you posed. Especially since I am not (yet) a patron.

My reasoning for the above (which a poll does not ask nor answer) is: There are more scenes with Reyna than with any other NPC that the MC interacts with who does not yet have art. Alora is a distant second using that same criteria, followed by Vivianne. Having some art to spice up walls of text improves the game, but given a choice more scenes and good writing will always beat out 'fluff' like art in an HTML game. Ideally, of course, a game will have both.

The various church girls that the MC tries to corrupt have more scenes than the Fae woman, but I listed the Fae as 4th because I think her art would be cool.

However, you have to cater to your patrons' desires, and I'll mention again that I am not one of them. I'm just an avid fan. To directly answer your question, I think that you should "Postpone the furry-izing art, and commission more Felicia art instead."

One final comment: one must be careful how one crafts a poll as what is asked and how it is asked can very much skew the result. Since I am not a patron I have no idea what the poll asked or its exact wording or the available choices that you gave to your patrons.
It's a public poll so you can see for yourself. Most of my polls are, in fact.

I do understand where you're coming from in terms of the amount of scenes for each NPC in the game, and although you're right about how much Reyna's art would spice up the walls of text, I'm trying to get a feel for what sorts of characters really grab my players' attention. Apparently Reyna, despite the number of scenes she's in, isn't one of the top-polling choices.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I just checked out your last poll choices. I think I know why the top two choices won. My guess:

#1: clothed/fetish slave outfit, pregnant/not pregnant variants, tentacle fetish mask "gift" scene
#2: your patrons really like furries.

Given that it seems your patrons like furries I would have expected Reyna (a foxgirl) to be the #3 pick rather than Felicia. Nor do I understand why the female bandit ended up as high as the #4 choice, while Reyna is way down at #7. The rest of the vote distribution does make sense to me.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I just checked out your last poll choices. I think I know why the top two choices won. My guess:

#1: clothed/fetish slave outfit, pregnant/not pregnant variants, tentacle fetish mask "gift" scene
#2: your patrons really like furries.

Given that it seems your patrons like furries I would have expected Reyna (a foxgirl) to be the #3 pick rather than Felicia. Nor do I understand why the female bandit ended up as high as the #4 choice, while Reyna is way down at #7. The rest of the vote distribution does make sense to me.
Maybe because I didn't list any naked or sex act commissions for Reyna? I admit, I got a bit lazy when making that poll. I could have included those for Reyna but it was late and I didn't want to have to search through my code to remember exactly what art I might need for her. I can put up a separate poll later, though.

Anyway...there will actually be other NPCs wearing fetish outfits in the game, but one of the places where that would naturally happen (the Fetish Club) didn't poll very highly in a past content poll.

Without spoiling too much, there will be ONE scene with a brand-new NPC wearing a fetish outfit in it in the next release. Maybe I'll do another artwork poll next month once I've introduced that character. :3

Reactions: ChristyMorrigan

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017

Just realized...Jewel was another choice with a fetish outfit. And she got zero votes. So maybe Alora got the most votes because of the tentacle fetish mask "gift" scene... :3

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Well, I can't say which has the most (since I've never played the Alchemist and since I am not a patron I cannot play the Witch), but I can safely say that the Huntress -- as she currently exists -- sucks. Bow combat is totally broken and she has less content than the Sorceress.

Reactions: nad destroyer

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Well, I can't say which has the most (since I've never played the Alchemist and since I am not a patron I cannot play the Witch), but I can safely say that the Huntress -- as she currently exists -- sucks. Bow combat is totally broken and she has less content than the Sorceress.
Any info is helpful thanks Awolfe.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Alchemist currently has the most, followed closely by Sorceress, then Witch, then Huntress. Huntress will eventually have more content, but for now I'm just going to fix combat for it.
Thanks mouseguru, I've only tried playing alchemist once so I probably completely missed the content.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Thanks mouseguru, I've only tried playing alchemist once so I probably completely missed the content.
With Alchemist, you can do the following:

• Go to the magic shop and see the scene there.
  • Gather reagents in the forest (now including reagents for healing and potions!)
  • Gather cum or tentacle jizz to use in potions
  • Go back to the magic shop to brew potions
  • Use the thorny tea potion to gain access to a special part of the bandits in the forest event
With Sorceress, you can do the following:

• Fight in the combat arena
  • If you're tentacle pregnant, invite Camilla (the sorceress you fight in the combat arena) to watch you give birth
  • Use your magic to open the book for Sensua, instead of hiring a sorceress to do it. (This triggers a random nightly event if you have a futa cock.)
That should give you an idea. I do plan to add more content for both of those professions, and will eventually add content for the Huntress as well.

Reactions: nad destroyer
3.20 star(s) 6 Votes