Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Reminds me, how do you get the bresticles? I don't seem to have a choice what gift I get. It seems like it wants to give me the ovipositor every time.

Edit: I think I found a possible location that the whole lust bug occurs where the top left picture becomes just a mass of errors. I'm going to check it out now.

Edit 2: I believe I'm close to it. I've narrowed it down to the events taking part in a singular day. Ill post a new post again once I think I have it.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Reminds me, how do you get the bresticles?
The answer is in the game guide. You must play as an Alchemist and do certain things, or gotten fuckable nipples from losing to the bandits. Read the guide.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
The answer is in the game guide. You must play as an Alchemist and do certain things, or gotten fuckable nipples from losing to the bandits. Read the guide.
Yeah I've done those. Doesn't give em to me anyways unless I'm missing something. I have been reading off the guide.

Edit: I saw your post earlier about "choosing that choice" about the tentacle cock I think. I don't get one, it chooses for me, no options. Once I am at the Keawe and you are defeated scene I hit continue and BOOM image. No choice. At least not a clickable one. There is a chance I am loosing incorrectly?

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
RIGHT, I BELIEVE I HAVE FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE BUG....well narrowed it down, last time I did any coding was like 7 years ago in highschool.

Right on to it then. I am going to attach two save files to this post. One right before the bug occurring and one right after

The file that says "(KNOWN GOOD)" will be right before.
The one that says "(GLITCHED)" will load right into the error.

All that has happened between these two saves is that I went home and slept.

My current theory is either something with Bloatworms or the tentacle birth.
What I was doing was making two saves, ending the day, deleting one and then saving it to that slot. After that I would load that file and see if it proc'ed the error.

Tell me if I can do anything else to help, I have been enjoying this game.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Yeah I've done those. Doesn't give em to me anyways unless I'm missing something. I have been reading off the guide.

Edit: I saw your post earlier about "choosing that choice" about the tentacle cock I think. I don't get one, it chooses for me, no options. Once I am at the Keawe and you are defeated scene I hit continue and BOOM image. No choice. At least not a clickable one. There is a chance I am loosing incorrectly?
Sorry, I can't help you further as I've never been interested in breasticles myself so I've never gone that route. That you haven't been able to get them could be a bug. The game has/had many bugs. Perhaps @mouseguru, the dev, can look into it.

As for not having an option as to which gift to receive from the tentacles, I've always been given a choice. But I've also been very careful to follow the guide. I suppose it's possible that if you slipped up on a step somewhere (probably happened while you were in the battle with the tentacles) then the choice might be taken for you. I have a saved game from when I finished the battle and I'm on the screen where I'm being given the choice. Not sure if it can help you (give you a clue), but I could upload that file and you could look at it.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Sorry, I can't help you further as I've never been interested in breasticles myself so I've never gone that route. That you haven't been able to get them could be a bug. The game has/had many bugs. Perhaps @mouseguru, the dev, can look into it.

As for not having an option as to which gift to receive from the tentacles, I've always been given a choice. But I've also been very careful to follow the guide. I suppose it's possible that if you slipped up on a step somewhere (probably happened while you were in the battle with the tentacles) then the choice might be taken for you. I have a saved game from when I finished the battle and I'm on the screen where I'm being given the choice. Not sure if it can help you (give you a clue), but I could upload that file and you could look at it.
That would be great. Thanks.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That would be great. Thanks.
Please note that this character was tentacle-altered long before she deliberately (but carefully) lost to the tentacles. So all of the NPCs she's fucked with her demon-given cock are pregnant with tentacles.

Reactions: Skylark97

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017

In order to get the choice for breasticles, you have to keep your dominance high. In order to have high dominance:

1) The first two times you randomly encounter tentacles in the city, "defend yourself" and choose "yes" to scare the tentacles off.
2) If you decide to deliberately lose to tentacles near the Riverfront, in order to get tentacle altered, then you'll lose a bit of dominance. In order to regain it, you'll need to "defend yourself" more when randomly encountering tentacles.
3) If you ever face the bandits in the forest and lose to them (so you can get the "benefits" of losing), you'll lose a LOT of dominance from that. To regain it, "defend yourself" several more times when randomly encountering tentacles.

If you've defended yourself at least twice, you can choose to "stride boldly forward" instead, to scare the tentacles away. That results in a larger dominance gain.

With those strategies, it should allow you to get the choice of which tentacle "gift" to receive.

However, if this is too much work (and I don't blame you for not wanting to replay it all) then do this. Starting from immediately BEFORE the tentacle fight at your house, "inspect" your web page and open up the debugging console. Type the following:

SugarCube.State.variables.people[0].stats.dominance = 60;

That'll force your dominance stat to be high enough to get the choice, once you lose the tentacle fight.

Feel free to use the same technique to experiment with dominance in other places. It does play a minor part in scene variants -- and I still need to finish the variant sex scenes with Reyna for anything other than "high" dominance, btw.

Reactions: AWolfe

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
RIGHT, I BELIEVE I HAVE FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE BUG....well narrowed it down, last time I did any coding was like 7 years ago in highschool.

Right on to it then. I am going to attach two save files to this post. One right before the bug occurring and one right after

The file that says "(KNOWN GOOD)" will be right before.
The one that says "(GLITCHED)" will load right into the error.

All that has happened between these two saves is that I went home and slept.

My current theory is either something with Bloatworms or the tentacle birth.
What I was doing was making two saves, ending the day, deleting one and then saving it to that slot. After that I would load that file and see if it proc'ed the error.

Tell me if I can do anything else to help, I have been enjoying this game.
Great! I'll be able to isolate the bug from this.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
In order to get the choice for breasticles, you have to keep your dominance high. In order to have high dominance:
I'm also planning to add other methods of raising your dominance, particularly with the Fetish Club -- once you get access to it after losing to the bandits in the forest.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I'm also planning to add other methods of raising your dominance, particularly with the Fetish Club -- once you get access to it after losing to the bandits in the forest.
What if you defeat the bandits? It's very very hard to do, but I've done it.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
What if you defeat the bandits? It's very very hard to do, but I've done it.
I haven't really added any goodies for that scenario. Yes, you can do it. What I might do in a future release is give the MC a bunch of coin for defeating them. Not sure about the...ahem...other things the bandits have acquired...

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I haven't really added any goodies for that scenario. Yes, you can do it. What I might do in a future release is give the MC a bunch of coin for defeating them. Not sure about the...ahem...other things the bandits have acquired...
Given how tough it is to succeed (I had to save-scum a LOT to win) there should be a decent reward of some sort. I'd suggest something other than coin (by the time that you're good enough to have a chance at winning you have zero need of coin, especially as a sorceress). Might I suggest a page with checkboxes and let the player pick and choose one or more of the cursed items. Better yet, non-cursed versions of them so that the player can opt to remove them later if they wish to. Or keep them as cursed but also in the list include one scroll or potion that allows you to remove one cursed item. That way a player can take and use one of the items for a while and then stop using it later on. Whether the potion/scroll removes the curse permanently or just allows you to take the item off without actually stripping the item of its curse is up to you.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018

1) The first two times you randomly encounter tentacles in the city, "defend yourself" and choose "yes" to scare the tentacles off.
2) If you decide to deliberately lose to tentacles near the Riverfront, in order to get tentacle altered, then you'll lose a bit of dominance. In order to regain it, you'll need to "defend yourself" more when randomly encountering tentacles.
3) If you ever face the bandits in the forest and lose to them (so you can get the "benefits" of losing), you'll lose a LOT of dominance from that. To regain it, "defend yourself" several more times when randomly encountering tentacles.

If you've defended yourself at least twice, you can choose to "stride boldly forward" instead, to scare the tentacles away. That results in a larger dominance gain.

With those strategies, it should allow you to get the choice of which tentacle "gift" to receive.

However, if this is too much work (and I don't blame you for not wanting to replay it all) then do this. Starting from immediately BEFORE the tentacle fight at your house, "inspect" your web page and open up the debugging console. Type the following:

SugarCube.State.variables.people[0].stats.dominance = 60;

That'll force your dominance stat to be high enough to get the choice, once you lose the tentacle fight.

Feel free to use the same technique to experiment with dominance in other places. It does play a minor part in scene variants -- and I still need to finish the variant sex scenes with Reyna for anything other than "high" dominance, btw.
You need high dominance for choosing a gift? Unfortunate.
Thanks for telling me which value to change tho.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
You need high dominance for choosing a gift? Unfortunate.
Thanks for telling me which value to change tho.
My reasoning there is that, if you have low dominance, you're more inclined to just let the tentacles do whatever they want to you, rather than choosing your own "gift."

Reactions: AWolfe

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
My reasoning there is that, if you have low dominance, you're more inclined to just let the tentacles do whatever they want to you, rather than choosing your own "gift."
That reasoning makes perfect sense to me.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Oh yeah I totally agree with you it makes sense, I just wish I could choose anyways.

W65

May 31, 2018
You're kinda getting into a player agency vs. character stats question there. Up to you how you want to handle it, but for low-dominance PCs you could change the description of the outcome of the choice from a "you ask them to do X" to a "they decide to do X to you" deal, but with player still getting to pick the X. I guess it can kinda have an impact on player immersion, though, for folks who went with a low-dominance PC because they're feeling submissive.

Anyhow, I don't have much skin in the game either way, I just wanted to float the idea.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Merely changing the description of what happens while still allowing a player a choice not only is counter to the concept of low dominance being submissive (IOW, the MC doesn't care enough to express a preference or may even like having others choose for her), but it also renders the extra work that a player has to do to earn high dominance rather fruitless. In short, it'd be illogical and unbalanced.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes