Ren'Py Teen Adventures: Village Life [Development Thread]

Jul 23, 2017
I've never had to deal with them (I only have my prologue out currently and there's really nothing on there yet that would violate their ToS) but I did a lot of reading up on it and I see some discussions in the Developers forum. Back in 2019, when they really changed things, they were being pretty strict. Now it seems like it's more of a complaint driven review system only.

I don't think their S&T team goes into private websites and downloads your stuff, but if you have game links on your Patreon page (or your Discord server, if it's integrated), then you probably should keep any step'cest stuff either behind a relationship script or a patch. Or make two versions like you mentioned.

Personally, I don't want clunky dialogue that comes from people defining relationships, so I am going to have a "Fan that is not affiliated with Turning Tricks Games, in any way shape or form" make their own patch for my first release, when I get it out. The patch will not be available from me or on my patreon page, but the "Fan" will have links for it on my private forum. And I am sure the patch will be posted here, after all.

How can I be responsible for mods and fan-made content? A lot of big name devs have i-patches on Lewdpatcher, or they send them in private messages to their patrons. All Patreon really cares about is that it's not linked to directly from their pages, because they want to keep Mastercard and Visa happy.

PS: that post of mine above - OMG, I need to have my first coffee before I type long posts out, lol. So many typos and grammar mistakes!
I honestly didn't notice the typos and grammar errors haha! I even am often considered a "grammar nazi"

Yeah the "fan-made" patch I was considering but currently goes way beyond my Renpy knowledge and I don't really want to have to cause my players to have to install a patch manually.

My game will probably have some straight up incest and rape even at some point and patching all that out and back in seems like a pain in the ass.

I might try your clever girl tactic first and just see how it goes. Honestly though I'm not going into this for the money. Like I'll be over the moon if it earns good money at some point in the future but I just had this game idea that has been with me for so long and I finally decided to go ahead and make it so I'll just be happy if people like the game even if it doesn't earn money.

I am going to get all the platforms setup from the get-go though just so I don't have to think about it in the future. So patreon, boosty, itch, subscribestar and then when game is complete in a few years time I'll even put it up on Steam

There are a few other platforms I've seen devs use here on F95 so any I spot I'll just add an account there and have the main ones on my profile and have a linktree for the rest

Not going to use my own website though as I'll just use F95 as the main communication platform and a discord server eventually

PS: the funny thing is, the reason he is stepfather and not father is story related so I didn't actually even do it intentionally to avoid Patreon rules. I also don't like the idea of a daughter and father having sexual relations it grosses me out for some reason. But stepfather is the opposite. Don't know why

I find brother-sister, sister-sister relations hot as well. But parents with their offspring is a turn-off for me
The only exception is for example if it is a threesome with the mother, daughter and stepfather. Kind of like a corruption thing

Odd right?

So since I won't have progress on the game anyway until Feb I may as well release an unfinished preview build here. But yeah at the start of the game it is explained in the story what happened to the father and how stepfather and mother met. I might do a standalone kinetic short story later to show how the mother and stepfather met and relationship progressed if I ever get writers block in the main game.

---
Anyway I've decided to go ahead and release a preview build here since my game won't see any further dev progress until late February 2023 (god 2023 already!)

It is unfinished, there are text only sex scenes in there the renders for the sex scenes aren't finished yet. Literally what I was working on when I made this thread and then got the bad news from the landlord

It isn't fully tested yet, so expect some spelling/grammar errors and possible script errors. I was restructuring some stuff as well while doing the sex scenes (once I made the visuals the writing didn't make 100% sense anymore) and I didn't have chance yet to test the restructured content

Build v0.1 PREVIEW (unfinished);

Reactions: Turning Tricks

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I honestly didn't notice the typos and grammar errors haha! I even am often considered a "grammar nazi"

Yeah the "fan-made" patch I was considering but currently goes way beyond my Renpy knowledge and I don't really want to have to cause my players to have to install a patch manually.

My game will probably have some straight up incest and rape even at some point and patching all that out and back in seems like a pain in the ass.

I might try your clever girl tactic first and just see how it goes. Honestly though I'm not going into this for the money. Like I'll be over the moon if it earns good money at some point in the future but I just had this game idea that has been with me for so long and I finally decided to go ahead and make it so I'll just be happy if people like the game even if it doesn't earn money.

I am going to get all the platforms setup from the get-go though just so I don't have to think about it in the future. So patreon, boosty, itch, subscribestar and then when game is complete in a few years time I'll even put it up on Steam

There are a few other platforms I've seen devs use here on F95 so any I spot I'll just add an account there and have the main ones on my profile and have a linktree for the rest

Not going to use my own website though as I'll just use F95 as the main communication platform and a discord server eventually

PS: the funny thing is, the reason he is stepfather and not father is story related so I didn't actually even do it intentionally to avoid Patreon rules. I also don't like the idea of a daughter and father having sexual relations it grosses me out for some reason. But stepfather is the opposite. Don't know why

I find brother-sister, sister-sister relations hot as well. But parents with their offspring is a turn-off for me
The only exception is for example if it is a threesome with the mother, daughter and stepfather. Kind of like a corruption thing

Odd right?

So since I won't have progress on the game anyway until Feb I may as well release an unfinished preview build here. But yeah at the start of the game it is explained in the story what happened to the father and how stepfather and mother met. I might do a standalone kinetic short story later to show how the mother and stepfather met and relationship progressed if I ever get writers block in the main game.

---
Anyway I've decided to go ahead and release a preview build here since my game won't see any further dev progress until late February 2023 (god 2023 already!)

It is unfinished, there are text only sex scenes in there the renders for the sex scenes aren't finished yet. Literally what I was working on when I made this thread and then got the bad news from the landlord

It isn't fully tested yet, so expect some spelling/grammar errors and possible script errors. I was restructuring some stuff as well while doing the sex scenes (once I made the visuals the writing didn't make 100% sense anymore) and I didn't have chance yet to test the restructured content

Build v0.1 PREVIEW (unfinished);

I downloaded it. It might be a little while until I get a chance to try it though. I have like a dozen new games/updates I have downloaded that I haven't had time to play yet. I'm a month and a half past my release date estimate, so I am really crunching it hard right now, to try and get my first full Act posted before X-mas, at the latest. Then I can take a breather for a week or two.

BTW, another thing I read about Patreon is that they are pretty good at working with you, if they have any concerns. They don't just drop a ban hammer or anything. They actually contact you and ask if you can change stuff to meet their ToS. So that's good.

Reactions: Innocent Chloe
Jul 23, 2017
I downloaded it. It might be a little while until I get a chance to try it though. I have like a dozen new games/updates I have downloaded that I haven't had time to play yet. I'm a month and a half past my release date estimate, so I am really crunching it hard right now, to try and get my first full Act posted before X-mas, at the latest. Then I can take a breather for a week or two.

BTW, another thing I read about Patreon is that they are pretty good at working with you, if they have any concerns. They don't just drop a ban hammer or anything. They actually contact you and ask if you can change stuff to meet their ToS. So that's good.
Yeah I've heard the same about Patreon

That's what happened to Pure Onyx and a few other projects where the devs said they had to change the game to suit Patreon's rules

Deleted member 3735541

Game Developer
May 24, 2021
As mentioned before the game focuses just on one character as the protagonist that the player controls so everything is witnessed from her perspective and the renders also play around with this where you see stuff from her POV (yes POV sex scenes as well for those into that!)

But you will also get to see other player's thoughts this is more for story perspective than anything else and also to give players tips for choice impacts and as, what I think anyway, is a neat detail where you get to see the impact of your choices on the way other character's are thinking. Chloe herself is not aware of their thoughts but the player is
Hey there, I noticed that the parts I bolded above are contradictory.

I wanted to point this out because it's something I'm struggling with myself as I work on the first build for my own game.
I'm afraid that inserting lines of anything other than the MC's thoughts or dialogue such as other people's thoughts or narration will break immersion for those who are focused on self-inserting into the MC. I see this becoming further complicated down the line when in sex scenes you (not necessarily you, just in general) want to show the POV from both the male and female perspective.

How important do you think it is (or isn't) to maintain that first-person perspective? Alternatively, have you considered switching to a third-person limited/omniscient perspective?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017
Hey there, I noticed that the parts I bolded above are contradictory.

I wanted to point this out because it's something I'm struggling with myself as I work on the first build for my own game.
I'm afraid that inserting lines of anything other than the MC's thoughts or dialogue such as other people's thoughts or narration will break immersion for those who are focused on self-inserting into the MC. I see this becoming further complicated down the line when in sex scenes you (not necessarily you, just in general) want to show the POV from both the male and female perspective.

How important do you think it is (or isn't) to maintain that first-person perspective? Alternatively, have you considered switching to a third-person limited/omniscient perspective?
Perspective is a bitch, and I once spent a day stuck on one paragraph of the game text wondering if I've messed up my perspectives and which perspective those lines should be put as

So perspectives is definitely not something I am an expert on and I struggle with it quite frequently, but I try my best!

My interpretation though is this;
I feel that without seeing the other characters thoughts (at some instances) it will detract from understanding why stuff happens as a player. So even though as a player you are playing as Chloe in my game, if you don't understand why the stepdad does certain actions differently based on your own choices then you aren't understanding the impact your choices has had or sometimes the actions the stepdad will take will seem completely out of the blue.

There may be a better way to handle it than seeing their thoughts at times, but I just feel like this was the way I could do it the best.

It still is Chloe's perspective in the meaning that in one preview image I put Chloe walks in on the stepdad and her mom having sex, if you decided not to check out the sound you heard downstairs you won't see that or even know that stepdad and the mom had sex

You also will never see events unfold from for example the stepdad's own perspective the most you will ever get are glimpses of his thoughts. And this is only the player who sees this but Chloe remains oblivious to this information

I have played Renpys where you play the consciousness or omniscient being who gets to control the main protagonist of the renpy game (or multiple protagonists of the game) and that also works, but my goal here is really that you can put yourself in Chloe's shoes.

Will seeing glimpses of other character's thoughts break immersion? For some players it actually might, I hope it won't but I can see why it would

I might find it that as I continue to develop the game I realise better ways of demonstrating this or I might find that I just gradually decrease how often you see other character's thoughts or eventually take them out altogether if it is a common complaint. Perhaps something for a poll eventually :unsure:

----

As for how you can best handle it for your game, my advice would be to use the perspective you enjoy the most in other people's games and not just in adult games but thinking of non-adult games too.

So for me I always love becoming the character in the game. In Mass Effect, KOTOR, etc... I always did my first playthrough doing choices that I would make if that was me and then for the later replays I would go a pure good and pure evil playthrough.

Jul 23, 2017
Hello, any news about the game?
Things have not been good on my side, I've actually ended up having to move in with family for the moment and put most my stuff in storage, I just have my laptop but my PC is in storage still until I can sort out my work and housing situation

Sorry about that, like the timing was just insane! Literally I posted this thread and a few days later my landlord informed me of his intention to sell the flat I was renting and gave me a few months notice to move out

It is really frustrating as I have these ideas I want to put into render and just can't as my PC is in storage along with all my stuff

Once I have work and place to live on my own again I can continue development when I have my PC out of storage

• Sad
Reactions: drpavelcia
Sep 8, 2017
Things have not been good on my side, I've actually ended up having to move in with family for the moment and put most my stuff in storage, I just have my laptop but my PC is in storage still until I can sort out my work and housing situation

Sorry about that, like the timing was just insane! Literally I posted this thread and a few days later my landlord informed me of his intention to sell the flat I was renting and gave me a few months notice to move out

It is really frustrating as I have these ideas I want to put into render and just can't as my PC is in storage along with all my stuff

Once I have work and place to live on my own again I can continue development when I have my PC out of storage
Sounds hard. I wish you gl

• Red Heart
Reactions: Innocent Chloe