Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
@Prokopije I do not mind your opinions that you have but the way you presenting them is the problem. You are coming across as an asshole or someone who is entitled to the ninth degree above everyone else. You have completely derailed this thread from what its purpose is. You so far have proven that you can't handle keeping this on topic, as I have deleted multiple posts by you due to this.

To everyone else
Keep it on topic, keep it clean and lets not go at each others throats here. I have no problem locking this thread if we are all going to act like kids. This is not a chan board where you can an anon and we do not allow shitposting. If you like to just cause drama or troll. Please contact a staff member, so we can save you, the community and staff time and have your account deleted or banned.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I have story concerns about the exchange student angle. There's a big difference between someone who's been living with you since they were a baby and somebody who stays for a very short duration. There would have to be huge differences in writing between the two characterizations, which ultimately takes away from progressing the character the way you would if there was just one version to worry about.

Seems like there were easier solutions. Like if she was a neighbor's daughter with shitty neglectful parents and the MC stepped in got her emancipated. Convoluted but you can front load that into the beginning of the game and still have her act the same since you are essentially the only good parental figures she has had since childhood.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Max_Power

Nov 17, 2017
Whoa... This is, hands down, the most grindiest grindfest imaginable! To call it "sandbox" is madness!

To progress you you need to do very specific actions under very specific conditions. You need to do it multiple times but most of them are available ONCE PER WEAK! So you do the same stuff again and again and again because if you miss some, progress will not register!

Would not recommend!

L

Lenor

Whoa... This is, hands down, the most grindiest grindfest imaginable! To call it "sandbox" is madness!

To progress you you need to do very specific actions under very specific conditions. You need to do it multiple times but most of them are available ONCE PER WEAK! So you do the same stuff again and again and again because if you miss some, progress will not register!

Would not recommend!
Not even close to being the worst. Try Big Brother.

Reactions: kd3, titit and smnb

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
disagree not a grind fest at all (I cheated for money though) but even then way better than BB

Elminster44

Aug 21, 2017
Seriously, this game has nothing to do in the popular.
No Maj since October 2017, we know patreon and the rest but no game has galley at this point.
devolver cardboard.

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
Beacon Hill is the only thing I can do. We are going on vacation this year that I can see if I can get the media. We are going out with friends and family.

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
I have story concerns about the exchange student angle. There's a big difference between someone who's been living with you since they were a baby and somebody who stays for a very short duration. There would have to be huge differences in writing between the two characterizations, which ultimately takes away from progressing the character the way you would if there was just one version to worry about.

Seems like there were easier solutions. Like if she was a neighbor's daughter with shitty neglectful parents and the MC stepped in got her emancipated. Convoluted but you can front load that into the beginning of the game and still have her act the same since you are essentially the only good parental figures she has had since childhood.
The FES was a quick fix, and with the thought that some unscrupulous dog would come along and edit the program to return her to being D... that being said, I could see either of those working; though Patreon may take umbrage with either due to her essentially being your child at that point... I don't know if they would, but I can guess they might.

The idea she was a neighborhood child who you took in would be interesting, and could lead to further plot development. A bit late to pitch the idea to Deem, however... well for this update, perhaps if you fleshed it out a bit and pitched it to him on the Discord?

Reactions: Shiva0067

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
"Remember when updates used to come every month?"
i dont know exactly what happened because there is way way to much to go back and read every page, but from what i gathered the guy making this game had his PCs hacked or they crashed or something and he lost alot of work, i remember making a post like two weeks before he lost all his data telling him that the computers he was using to make this game should not have even been connected to the internet in the first place, though if it was just a simple data loss he should have been making daily backups, hell he should be making daily backups regardless.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
i dont know exactly what happened because there is way way to much to go back and read every page, but from what i gathered the guy making this game had his PCs hacked or they crashed or something and he lost alot of work, i remember making a post like two weeks before he lost all his data telling him that the computers he was using to make this game should not have even been connected to the internet in the first place, though if it was just a simple data loss he should have been making daily backups, hell he should be making daily backups regardless.
Short form: He had some beef with another guy, because his game was worse while Teacher's Pet brought in the money, so this guy got jealous or something and first hacked his website, did something else, hacked his whole home network or something, then there was the patreon debacle and then he said the new version would be finished by the end of last year and now they're supposedly (pre)-alpha testing every day since two weeks while still re-rendering some old stuff. Quite a few people thought that everything seemed way too conveniant to be true, his buddies came to the rescue preaching what a great guy he is over and over and over again, drama intensified and now they're still testing behind closed doors. I guess that's about it what happened the last 2-3 weeks.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
By now everybody has his/her own opinion about this whole mess of a situation, so pretty much everyone ignores it for now until a new version comes out or the threads gets its abandoned tag or something, one way or another everything will solve itself. There's not much to discuss anyway, some people will preach how great everything is, some people will be pessimistic and/or sceptical about everything and the mods will moan about both fractions and discussions like "who's your favorite character" only keep you occupied for so long.

Max_Power

Nov 17, 2017

Would not recommend!
I fucked up. I really did. I managed to reply in the wrong thread(was talking about Second Happiness). Let me retract previous statement, sorry!

Reactions: Kudram and Lenor

Dasati

May 30, 2017

No?
Now that a it's no longer a prerequisite to partner up with ??? in order to reach the most... interesting content, I've reworked some of the other branches of that scene, including new renders.

In other news, I expect to release the next(and likely final) alpha build tomorrow.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes