Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
Last message on Patreon was Feb 26. Just looked at his Discord channel (yes, you can get on it w/o being a Pateron) and his last message there was March 12. Several unanswered messages to him and everyone talking about how he's not responding and no one knows anything.

I was a supporter of his on Patreon for a long time, and after v2 came out, I was done. So much more was promised than was delivered over and over again.

Fool me once, etc.
I have been to his Discord twice just to see what's happening and both times he was just chatting with people in the general chatting channel or what ever it's called on his server.

I wasn't really looking at what he is saying, he might have been just talking random shit.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I have been to his Discord twice just to see what's happening and both times he was just chatting with people in the general chatting channel or what ever it's called on his server.

I wasn't really looking at what he is saying, he might have been just talking random shit.
Not sure when that was, but for the last few days the only thing in the "general" room of his channel are people joking about where he might be; fwiw, abducted by aliens is currently the prevailing theory.

But he's gotta be doing something right because he still has $5k USD a month in Patreon pledges after a month of zero posts/content/teasers. And this is not the first time that's happened.

Reactions: ComicBookGuy

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
before the Patreon crack down things were good. deem was in regular communication with both Patreons and this site.

his updates were trending towards the monthly frequency and by the time 1.632 came out things were looking really hot for future updates. then i don't know. something about the whole crackdown I guess fucked him up and he hasn't been the same. it's too bad because I actually liked the game and wanted to see it succeed but it's not the same anymore.

If in 3 weeks after his Patreon numbers drop by half and there's still no activity, mods should set this thread to "Abandoned" and move it out of the Popular games category. there's some up and coming games that deserve consideration for movement into Popular imho.

Chris Andrews

Sep 11, 2017
I am glad someone else said it because I can't understand how this game is in the popular games category. And yet other great games like Gates the opening or Twists of my life get no attention at all, and those are games that need support.

I wish there was a better system on this board that could direct people to the better games.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Maybe it's the regular end of the month depression, but the patrons are dwindling as it seems. Not by much yet, but who knows what'll happen in the future.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
patrons were already dropping off before the end of the month due to lack of updates. Jmolle said himself deem hasn’t been on discord when he used to be reachable almost any time of the day. this doesn’t bode well.

as much as people like to call DMD game and MrDots a milker the man provides a weekly preview and meets promised deadlines. i wish this went differently but this comes with the territory - people want at least some shred of what you’re working on and content on a 1-2 month basis. he did much more on 20% of the patreon money he has now so i can only imagine how disappointed the early and current backers are.

Reactions: jackkane

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Not sure when that was, but for the last few days the only thing in the "general" room of his channel are people joking about where he might be; fwiw, abducted by aliens is currently the prevailing theory.

But he's gotta be doing something right because he still has $5k USD a month in Patreon pledges after a month of zero posts/content/teasers. And this is not the first time that's happened.
I don't know what he could be doing behind the scenes to justify $5k a month. Handjobs? Eventually patrons will eventually catch on. Has anyone here received any communication from Irreeliable?

As soon as he turned on "Payment up front" on Patroen I knew that something fishy was going on. For those of you that don't know this, payment up front charges you immediately for the month. Even if it's the last day of the month, then the next day you'll be charged again. He mentions payment up front is on at the top of his page, but if you don't see it or English isn't your first language you could get screwed. It's a way to scam patrons out of additional money. Can you imagine if Verizon try to pull something like that? Here's you phone, we'll charge you again tomorrow.

Many websites will automatically charge you unless you remember to cancel at the end of the month. But monthly on the day of the month you first sign up. Not on the 1st of every month too.

I Second the motion to move to mark Teacher's Pets Abandoned.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
@RegularJoe several dev’s (including deem) have mentioned much earlier in this thread about the payment up front feature and have encouraged potential patreon’s to wait until the first of the month. while i agree he should have made it more clear on his page, he did discuss this in the earlier stages of the game.

honestly i was hoping for more progression with D and Meghan. it’s really sad that a game with so much potential and story ended like this.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
I think eventually another Dev will have to take it over if possible. But Irreeliable would only do that once the money dries up. Really, ALL the fixes and blackmail and inc*st hacks came fron Users HERE not Irreeliable. Almost every other Dev tries to communicate either here or on Patroen and releases updates too. Even the Devs that produce sub-standard product are at least trying. Not this guy.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Sooo... I'm just wondering... What does this shi... this game do in the "Popular Games" section?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
As soon as he turned on "Payment up front" on Patroen I knew that something fishy was going on. For those of you that don't know this, payment up front charges you immediately for the month. Even if it's the last day of the month, then the next day you'll be charged again. He mentions payment up front is on at the top of his page, but if you don't see it or English isn't your first language you could get screwed. It's a way to scam patrons out of additional money.
You're talking out of your ass.

Without "Payment Up Front" turned on, you can become a Patreon at the highest level when a game release is posted, download the game, and then cancel your support without ever being charged a cent. On top-tier release day Patreon counts for devs who don't use this can go up by hundreds of "supporters" and then be at or below where they started at the end of the day.

"Payment up front" is used to ensure the dev actually gets any money at all, and this is very common when someone reaches a funding goal and makes their Patreon project their full time job.

Before you accuse someone of screwing people, know what you're talking about.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
so theres not going to be a lewd patcher for this game? because i dont see the point of ever playing this game again if thats the case i guess thats one good thing about renpy in unity incest mind control games your pretty much screwed
There's no point in playing this game again because it's either abandoned, or it'll be in limbo for a few months until '3.0 comes out (after several months as being version 2.9999999999999999999999999999999999) and it'll be just a start menu and win game button

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes