Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
What's the reason for him not coming to patreon for almost a month then? Please don't report me, I'm geniunely curious
Pretty sure deems dead. Do not ban me just being honest. No activity on discord or patreon. Im one of his moderators and have not heard anything since he promised next update within a month. No previews no nothing. Discord lists him as afk and normally his status changes from playing daz to playing python but have not seen anything. Honestly at this point in time i have no clue what is going on. He has never been this quiet. In all honesty i would list this as on hold for a month then list it as abandoned. Its sad man deems a good guy. But at the moment i am having flashbacks to some of the other devs who dissapeared then abandoned there games.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
not surprised in the slightest. from the whole 1.6 to 1.99999999999 fiasco, lack of "new" content in that time frame, the game being stripped of most of its content...i'm more surprised at his patreon numbers increasing than anything else.

Reactions: January2015

icherwin

Jun 8, 2017
Pretty sure deems dead. Do not ban me just being honest. No activity on discord or patreon. Im one of his moderators and have not heard anything since he promised next update within a month. No previews no nothing. Discord lists him as afk and normally his status changes from playing daz to playing python but have not seen anything. Honestly at this point in time i have no clue what is going on. He has never been this quiet. In all honesty i would list this as on hold for a month then list it as abandoned. Its sad man deems a good guy. But at the moment i am having flashbacks to some of the other devs who dissapeared then abandoned there games.
Financially, this does not make sense. Stopping the game when the income has reached a peak. And Ron was always keen on money, as one could take from his comments. The man is a writing talent, not a software engineering one; the in-game episode where the narrator tries to sell the player a piece he has written could very well stem from real life. So no wonder that he is scarce on money. The only good reason for him to abandon the game would be that he found a real job.

But just as well he might have again planned too much and too complicated content for his technical abilities and now, reaching end of March, pressure starts to build. I suggest to wait for 1st of April and wouldn't be surprised to witness another "January spectacle", with the new version being available in May and playable in June.

DMDFan

Oct 24, 2017
So whenever I want to talk to Sarah, or do a certaint actions with one of the girls. I get this.
upload_2018-3-24_19-27-33.png

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
why would you get banned for saying that?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
He is very active on Discord, that I can say, while not posting on Patreon, he does talk with his fans.

I don't know why he is so inactive on Patreon.
Last message on Patreon was Feb 26. Just looked at his Discord channel (yes, you can get on it w/o being a Pateron) and his last message there was March 12. Several unanswered messages to him and everyone talking about how he's not responding and no one knows anything.

I was a supporter of his on Patreon for a long time, and after v2 came out, I was done. So much more was promised than was delivered over and over again.

Fool me once, etc.

anon9991

Feb 6, 2018
So if this game is dead could we just get a standalone game with Megan? I can't be the only one who would be fine with that right?

Reactions: Azzoking

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
i'm more surprised at his patreon numbers increasing than anything else.
That's why people need to listen to each other more. Many people were saying months ago, that it looks like burnout and slippery slope. It's not good when innocent people are scammed from their money, even when it isn't my money.

Reactions: User_166761

skullker

Sep 29, 2017
So now even @Jmolle2 , one of Deems biggest defenders on this site, throws in the towel. This really is no good sign for this game. Never really liked the game as much as others did, it was in my opinion overhyped, but hey people have different tastes and that is fine. However, it rubbed me the wrong way, with how little Deem was keeping in touch with his patreons and no I don`t care if he was active on Discord, not everyone of his supporters follows him on there.

However, the biggest mistake in my opinion was him introducing another character (the lifeguard) instead on focusing on all the girls who had 0 content (Zoe and Sarah) and the lack of actual content for most of the girls. Every story arc felt empty for how long the game went on. It felt like Deem didn`t care about the characters which were in the game already and instead just did whatever he wanted. For example the inclusion of Dotty did nothing for the game it was just him firing a few cheap shots at Mr.Dots.

Also, I know of the whole Patreon crackdown, but still when you compare this game to the works of other creators, who were also affected, it shows how little content was done in comparison.

If Deem has actual mental or physical health problems, then he should take a time-out just give his patreons a small heads-up and freeze his campaign so that people don`t get charged for nothing again. However, if he is just a lazy bum who decided to abandon ship with all the money, then fuck him.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
Up until the point deem binned content lied to the testers and me. The final release was not what we tested
mind releasing that build? we are a pirate forum after all. :closedtongue: if nothing else, what was so great about that build?

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes