Ren'Py - Abandoned - Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

1. 2.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

No wonder it was abandoned, the game is a mess. It requires an intense amount of monotony with little direction, a clunky U.I. makes it even worse. 90% of my time was doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Pair that with the mediocre visuals, and there's just no justifiable reason to download this AVN.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

DemonicSelin

This game can be considered boring for several reasons.
    Firstly, the story may be slow and without many interesting events, which can make the game become monotonous. If the plot does not offer exciting moments, the game can become predictable and without suspense, which can cause players to lose interest in continuing to play.

Secondly, the lack of interaction in the story can also contribute to the visual novel being boring. If players cannot influence the plot in any way, they may feel disconnected from the characters and the story in general. The absence of meaningful choices and decisions can make the player feel like a spectator rather than an active participant.

Additionally, the lack of variety in the characters can also contribute to the visual novel being boring. If the characters are one-dimensional or uninteresting, players may not feel emotionally invested in them. The lack of character development can also make the plot become dull and uninspiring.

Lastly, the lack of visual stimuli can also make the visual novel feel boring. If the illustrations are simple or of low quality, players may not feel immersed in the game world. The lack of visual stimuli can also make the game feel uninteresting and unappealing.

In summary, there are several reasons why a visual novel can be considered boring. The slow and monotonous story, the lack of interaction, the absence of variety in the characters, and the lack of visual stimuli are some of the possible causes. If a visual novel fails to maintain the interest of players, it may not live up to the expectations of the audience.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

human deviant

This was the first game I downloaded from F95zone, years ago. It's still one of my favorites. Probably nostalgia, but it's got some hilarious moments, and a cameo from a character from another VN that has been memed into oblivion. All in all, this game is fan-fucking-tastic. Art style is a little drab, nothing fancy, but it's good for a wank and a laugh. Still sad it was abandoned.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Jacky109.5

Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable] was an enjoyable mess. I believe the story wasn't panned out, and it kind of had annoying mechanics. All the characters are about what you expect meaning it's tropes you probably have seen before. I still enjoyed it for the animations and it at least was somewhat different when it handled the world, even if it was a mess. Of course, as it's abandoned as well. It's a good time, no alcohol is required if you have cheats and a walkthrough.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Synnerai

I really liked the writing. The magic pull stuff is overused, but the dialogue was fun and the choices you could make were also compelling. But this game has ones of the ugliest characters I have ever seen, there was problem with direction, because the story and the game as a whole were stagnating, and unfortunately, the author had very thin skin and couldn't cope with changes and criticism.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Jaroslav

This title is interesting. Nice models. Based on your curiosity. I personally would have cleared myself, drugs and similar cocoons. It is not necessary for the interest and experience of the game. The story, the course and the possibilities of how I like what I like, but what, for example, gentle words, or vulgar, will make npc more corrupt. I hate logical puzzles as the creator intended. Here you have to put the pill at a certain time, to answer correctly.
    Or be in the right place and do not miss the opportunity. How do I know that opportunity exists? When there is no succession, and consequence or suggestion from npx itself, it just goes to the detriment of the content itself.
    Needlessly making puzzles where there is no need at all. It hurts the game.
    More seduction is better to think where to run the script what the creator intended to be able to enjoy more progress. 8/10
  7. 3.00 star(s)

kimoo

quickly !

the story
    ________
    who told you to be a teacher ....okay not deep story but nice and funny

the render

the animation

gameplay time

gameplay/minigames

TheFeydakin

The best, wittiest, most intelligent script I have Cum across (sorry) in along time. Plus well written sex scenes and pretty animations...makes me sad to see it labeled Abandoned. Mrs Longwell "I think I love you But I wanna know for sure Come on and hold me tight I love you" Mrs Longwell
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Eunoian

I guess I was expecting too much, given how popular the thread is/was.

I found the lack of direction given to be quite frustrating, so I had to read up on the walkthrough to get some direction (which isn't really a walkthrough, just a list of random and one-time events and their frequency). Money is also an issue in this game. The fact that the events are randomized makes it really hard to understand what is going on during the first playthrough. Sometimes I went days without anything really new occuring. The writing is not all that great in my opinion either.

Some of the models and renders are decent, but nothing to get super excited about (maybe a tad cartoony for me). There are much better out there. A lot of the dialogue is super repetitive too, heck the game in general is super repetitive (some events occur over and over... does everyone have anterograde amnesia?). I understand there used to be some kind of mind-control drug mechanic (which I would have avoided anyway), but so much of this game feels empty, that I can't help but wonder if removing this mechanic is what brought down the quality of the game.

p.s. I have to be honest and say that I didn't get through it all. I gave up out of boredom and frustration, so maybe take my review with a grain of salt. I did however load a later save and add a mod out of curiosity, and even though it seems as if I maybe only got just past halfway through, the game was no less confusing and repetitive.

In summary, a whole lot of potential, but no follow through.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Catwashere

The game had some bug issues and some minor story flaws but if it would have been fixed and finished the game would have been really good. Sucks another one that is never getting finished!

Art 8/10
    Story 7/10
    Characters 8.5/10
    Sex 6.5/10
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Crimx42

If this was a year ago... I would ahve given this a 5 star rating. It showed a lot of potential, it showed a lot of progress, the girls were hot.

There were a lot that happened, others could explain it better than me. Irregardless the developer decides to quit, and leave us hanging. The final patch was an attempt to get in line with the new Patreon TOS so has kinda of less content the patch before.

Overall... A flower that failed to bloom.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

penpenny

Good writing, nice graphics. Better characters with more depth than most games, wife and cheerleader in particular. Removing drugs and blackmail made the game better imho, and less formulaic than others in the genre. For a game that is about seducing students, it's interesting to see the Main Character written in such a balanced way between being a complete creepy horndog and just a unhappy, regular guy falling for temptation, depending on play style ofc.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

DragoonSlitz

Has hot animated scenes, a little grindy but has a fun story to follow.
    The overall content seems small in amount, but you can keep an eye on this one to really get better as time goes on.
    Please support the creator on patreon so that we can see more content sooner. I did after trying this game.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Rozhok

The devoloper seems to have broken all communications and there haven't been any updates to a game that already has very little content. I am very dissapointed, because the game seemed to have a lot of potential. Unfortunately it has turned out that the dev is now leeching his patrons, so I am changing my vote to this game to a 0.

If there a will be an update to game in the (near) future, I will consider changing my review again, but I highly doubt it.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

griffor

very little content after the changes and so many bugs events don't fire. the game was great at the beginning but after the pateon changes the content went down by at least 50%. if more of the old content were to come back or at least a expansion on existing content than it would be different. and i could change my review accordingly.
  16. Z
    1.00 star(s)

zalook

Although the writing is decent and, at times, above average, the extremely grindy and punishing nature of the game make it a chore to play. Hidden one time events, the day advancing after a single action, the need for money that can only be earned through sheer repetition, the absence of clues, the lack of interesting mechanics, the random nature of some events all contribute to that.

As is the case with many of these games, it does not have an overreaching plot, which make the grind even harder to stomach.

Although I appreciate the effort in trying to animate the sex scenes, in my view they are not worth it. Even when the animations turn out to be decent (as opposed to robot-like), the time spent on them could have been used to add multiple renders and make the sex scenes more natural and less anti-climatic. As it currently stands, several scenes start and end abruptly with some exceptions (e.g. college visit). The dialogue during them is also lacking since it's composed of just a few lines (sort of expected considering its focus on animations as opposed to single image renders).

Another problem is the constant addition of new characters while the old ones are barely developed. The game, even after all this time, still feels very bare bones.

Another flaw is that there aren't nearly as many locations as other popular "free roam" games. It wouldn't be as problematic if the game allowed more interesting interactions with each character in its current locations, but that is not the case. Instead, the lack of non-trivial interactions and dialogue with other characters exacerbate the grindy nature of the game.

Furthermore, until recently, the game suffered from the "magic pill" problem (like Dreams of Desire but to a lower degree), where an item was used as a replacement for relationship build-up and interesting dialogue. Even now, after the removal of them, the game hasn't been able to fill those now unexplained gaps.

Finally, the developer has proven to be quite unreliable and the game has been virtually frozen for months. It is true that the Patreon debacle is in part to blame for that, but many other games overcame it.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

mario1994

Plotwise it gets 4/5
    Content wise it gets 3,5/5
    new content release time period 2/5

Meghan is cool and some scenes are damn hard to trigger. There should be possible changes of how hard is the game by changing percentage of chance for an event.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

lewdman89

This game was promising back when it was at v1.632 and earlier but after the changes due to patron's policy this is a watered down mess

(minor spoilers)

The removal of the mind control pills as well as any sort of blackmailing (all which of course came with the change from daughter to "exchange student") removed too much content from the game, including scenes that made up for the time spent grinding (like Meghan fondle in class, Kaitlyn blackmail in locker room and Sara flash)

Now you can't choose if you go the pill way or the good guy way either, leaving you with only one playstyle which is repetitive and grindy

Dont get me wrong as the art is still fine and the game has some funny dialogues in it, but beside that the newer versions are not worth playing imo

this isnt meant to bash the developer who for sure did a lot of work and got f*cked by patron and their bullshit, but unfortunately this game is now worse than it was before
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Usschevalier

High quality images and pretty good sex scenes. A lot of paths to follow and very interesting history line.
    Only "bad part" I see it´s that, sometimes, dialogues are a bit repetitive with girls but i´ts something minor in comparison with the quality of the game.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

WeRLegion

This game has the right balance of strategy, grinding and sexy scenes. I especially appreciate the possibility to opt out the incest-crap.

The only thing I´m curious about when it comes to incest, is what family background do the incest-fan come from. I suspect they did not have sisters (or brothers) when they grew up.

I digress, another nice thing with this game is it has quite a silly humor in the dialogue, which I always appreciate.