Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
So far he still seems confident the update is close. From personal experience that normally means anytime within 3 days. However he still seems to think release today is likely
He should take his time. I'd love an update today, but I'd rather he not rush it crazily so we run into game breaking bugs.

I'm gonna be shitfaced anyhow. Lol.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
He should take his time. I'd love an update today, but I'd rather he not rush it crazily so we run into game breaking bugs.

I'm gonna be shitfaced anyhow. Lol.
The amount of time and effort he has devoted to this is insane. Most devs would have quit. I think deem needs the update to released to recover from the massive loss hes taken and so he can keep his prpmise and reputation of being an honest dev who delivers. Its been hard for him. I have never seen any dev take things so personally as deem has. He feels he has let people down and for him the release is an attempt in his mind to try and make it upto people and regain his sanity

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I'd say the interactivity of games/VNs is to the visual nature of movies, as the visual nature of movies is to the textual nature of prose. The interactivity is the novel aspect that draws the additional heat. That's my guess, could be wrong. But it's hardly for no reason.
To elaborate on that, I think it's also due to agency. When you read a book/watch a movie your a passive observer, there's a clear break between the actions of the characters and your own. With games, you play a more active role, making decisions and performing actions. Some people seem to believe that people would be unable to differentiate their actions in game to their actions in real life. Much of the outcry/attempted censorship aimed at GTA for example boils down to "we don't think your capable of seeing this as fictional. So we'll ban it to protect you". Its rather insulting towards peoples intelligence imo.
I guess that does make some sense, however I don't feel it is anywhere near the same degree as going from text to visual (especially when it's adult rated).

I can understand ratings for games/movies/etc. for the simple fact that youths are generally more easily influenced and certain content isn't suitable for them, but for things specifically aimed at and rated for adults, it's way too much.
It's essentially forcing ones own opinions/beliefs onto others.

I could totally understand if Patreon wanted to separate adult content off by making a separate adult rated platform, but I don't agree with them heavily censoring content as they are.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Yes however the last time zone to go to the 1st of jan is in 20 hours according to deem lol
That would be more or less perfect for me. Tonight would be a little frustrating, places to go and all that. Whereas nothing cures a hangover like a fresh update of a good game.

Reactions: Major Wanker

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
The amount of time and effort he has devoted to this is insane. Most devs would have quit. I think deem needs the update to released to recover from the massive loss hes taken and so he can keep his prpmise and reputation of being an honest dev who delivers. Its been hard for him. I have never seen any dev take things so personally as deem has. He feels he has let people down and for him the release is an attempt in his mind to try and make it upto people and regain his sanity
Edit: weird, i got confused with "Two Sides". Strangely enough, the last time the OP for each game was updated is Oct 22 and both have very similar monthly patreon income. Also both supposedly updating today?...talk about coincidences.

The simplest thing for him to do to win back/more supporters (in my opinion at least) would be to halt payments for a month (while still continuing development of course). This would win him back some credibility and make it difficult for people to say it's about the money. Basically making up for the month+ delay.
Another option would be switching to payment per update instead of monthly.
Or both.

It's ultimately a professionalism and credibility thing.

Last edited:

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Tbh i think most of us will be out getting drunk/partying tonight so I think Deem's got time. Hell even if it was released right this very second i wouldn't have time to play it until tomorrow night anyway.

Reactions: Pantisocrat

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Well tbh people do have the right to be upset, last update was on SEPTEMBER! most other projects would've been flagged as abandoned by now...

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Well tbh people do have the right to be upset, last update was on SEPTEMBER! most other projects would've been flagged as abandoned by now...
Can you stop spouting this nonsense? No project gets the "Abandoned" tag after three months, especially if it still gets regular Patreon updates.

I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining about the pace on here are paying $0 for this game, so why get upset?

Dasati

May 30, 2017
The 'Abandoned' tag is for games which have gone an extended period with both no update AND no communication at all from the dev. Deem has been in frequent contact on both here, patreon and discord.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Are you trying to say that Irredeemable might be Redeemable? I want my money back

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Okay irredeemable

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
What are you talking about dude
I think Troll was confusing you for one of the ones on the previous pages, you know the ones with the projections of doom and gloom... or the ones complaining about how Deem would miss the deadline and that was unacceptable...
I don't recall you doing so, but I think that is what occurred; a case of mistaken intent?

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes