Buhdaa

Jul 10, 2017
Updates are always on Saturday and generally at night so in about 26-28 hours from now give or take.

Also, .0 versions never get any new content as far as I am aware so if that holds true 2.09 will be identical to 2.08.4 unfortunately.
The Majalis crew are actually breaking that trend with this monthly release, and not in a small way. Since none one has been able to see their update posts in depth like I have it may come as a surprise. Majalis has been working on a big overhaul to the battle UI for many months. With this monthly release, it is finally finished. There have also been other small updates moved into this as well.

So here's the changelog. As you can imagine I'll only be including the things that have been newly added to this build. As usual, a MEGA link will come in an hour or so.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Buhdaa

Jul 10, 2017
The Majalis crew are actually breaking that trend with this monthly release, and not in a small way. Since none one has been able to see their update posts in depth like I have it may come as a surprise. Majalis has been working on a big overhaul to the battle UI for many months. With this monthly release, it is finally finished. There have also been other small updates moved into this as well.

So here's the changelog. As you can imagine I'll only be including the things that have been newly added to this build. As usual, a MEGA link will come in an hour or so.
Figured I'd give a little preview of what to expect from the battle UI. Don't click the spoiler unless you want to be spoiled.

broly965

Jul 6, 2017

That's a lot of changes.

Mizuki

Jun 12, 2017
I seem to remember being able to get a weekly updated version of the scene guide. If this is true, can someone link me to it, or explain how to get it?

Buhdaa

Jul 10, 2017
Finally got a chance to boot up the game. Sorry but I'm not a fan. The only positive I see is the new paper dolls look cool but then again you can't see the durability without hovering over it. The text, in general, is far to small now and I find it's hard to see the actual numbers.

I also miss the tree branch in the foreground. It feels empty now. I'm also not a fan of all that brown. Majalis must really have a thing for brown. Clearly I do not. Maybe I just need some time to get used to the change and I haven't had time to look into what can possibly be modded more to my liking.

Here are a couple of shots for a quick comparison between the two.

View attachment 237204 View attachment 237205
I wouldn't recommend going to deep into the changes just yet. Majalis said on the update that there are still some features that are missing and/or will see further development depending on public opinion. I know a lot of your mod contains graphical changes so I just want to give you the heads up.

Reactions: galgat and mattsan

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Good call. Probably best to wait a week. I have never seen the mobile version but I can't imagine the text is legible at all. It's just way to small. Their choice of font also doesn't help nor the white words on a white background where it shows your balance. Not trying to be nitpicky but it is what it is.

It just comes across as drab and boring. I really miss that tree.

What are your thoughts on the changes? @AHairyLobster seem to like it so far.

Buhdaa

Jul 10, 2017
It's hard to say. Sometimes I like to play the game straight through and appreciate all of the content, but for the most part, I just bee-line for the new stuff when it comes out. I will admit though, I have a vested interest in this change more than usual since as someone who's seen them talk about this change again and again, I'm interested to see how it turns out. Knowing that many of their design changes come from their highest paying patreons, patreon surveys, and from the more trusted people on their Discord, I can say for a fact that many of these designs are not concrete.

With that being said, I can't say I find the new battle UI overtly good or bad. This is mainly because I see this as a gateway for more intensive UI changes that will benefit the game further down the line. As for the hard to read text, you may or may have not noticed but they added black font to the options menu in the game. It only affects the dialogue, but it at least shows that readability issues are known to the Majalis crew. In fact, UI scaling has been present in the patreon surveys for a while now. It hasn't been chosen yet so fingers crossed that it gets chosen this month.

It probably won't though. Their surveys usually go something like this.

More Magic Skills!

New Battle Endings!!

Sexy Energy Attacks!!!

UI Scaling :D

You can imagine what gets chosen.

broly965

Jul 6, 2017
OK from those screens i think the new look sucks, it's just ugly looking. Even though the old UI looked simple, i liked how easy it was to look at.

broly965

Jul 6, 2017
Some good news is i ave tried the most recent redhead mod on the new version with so far no issues.

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Some good news is i ave tried the most recent redhead mod on the new version with so far no issues.
Glad to hear it. I haven't had a chance to apply it and take a look myself. I did see the new "UI" folder inside of the combat one with a few new files there for the new combat interface. They also left the old files there...again.

Let me know if you do come across any issues. I think I will wait for a few more updates like Buhaha suggested to come out before making any changes. I did reupload the mod the other day with what I think is a better-looking overworld map from my initial upload.
Screenshot (502).png Reworked the grass and waters color.
GroundSheet1.png This might work if you save the image and replace the "groundshee1.png" file in the "worldmap" folder.

I also uploaded an android version. It's the complete game for .02.07.4. I have no way to test so I'm not even sure it works it but I know there was a request for it so if anyone cares to give it a go let me know if it works. Also not 100% sure it has the newer overworld changes either.
Mega link

4.50 star(s) 144 Votes