VN - Ren'Py - Tales from the Deep: Eve [Ch1a3.1] [Mrsloap]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Damelio1

All my 5 stars are for the beauty of the MC very nice work on there ,great story, straight to the point the way i like it. The dark themed games not my fav but this got my attention for sure also very good animations keep the good work dev
  2. 5.00 star(s)

cumbud45

This game has fantastic animations, great story, excited to see where it goes with more updates. Really looking forward to the planned incest tag the most out of all of them. I'm a big fan of Eve's MILF character design and I'm looking forward to interactions with Rina as well.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

hashmansbrew

The animations are excellent and the sound is minimalist yet effective. This is dark and that just how I like it. I would love to support this project but the development is so gosh darn slow. I'm sure it's the old catch-22: Can't work on it full time because he doesn't have the support base, can't get the support base because he can't work on it full time. I think I will anyway.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

IamUnderman

After the latest "update" I decided to give my two cents on this game.

If you download this game you are in for a very short (3 real scenes currently) and very linear visual novel. That is hardly the most exciting type of project, but what this game has going for it is a very well designed and unique female protagonist and some real attention to detail with its visuals.

The game felt like it had the potential to go in a very unique direction and show a descent into corruption from a rarely scene angle. The angle of a woman who can't overcome her base desires and continually makes poor choices despite her best efforts, in a world pushing her to fail. Could have made for a dark and nuanced experience.

The reason this review has been phrased in the past tense is I am fairly sure none of this will be realised. Over the past two years or so of development about three minutes of "gameplay" has been added. With no new sex scenes and no choices. Its a joke. I also felt like the visuals even took a hit in quality in the latest "update". Simply put this game has evolved into its final form, one that many games on this site find themselves in. A crowdfunding sink scam that puts out BARELY enough content to keep the diehards invested but which has no plan of actually achieving its potential for those fans.

I understand the review rules on this site prohibit talking about updates schedules. I respectfully disagree and challenge anyone to argue that the update pattern for this game does not harm the value itt offers new players.

Ultimately what you have here is about 10 minutes of a fun and unique visual novel that never really got started. Sad.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Carnations

The detail on the female protagonist is enough for five stars, she does look like a sexy thirty year old mom rather than a mature looking teenager, the animation is top notch, and it's not limited to sex scenes.

You can feel the ambition of the author, which is the mark of a masterpiece.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6505888

Immediately fell in love with the MC's design, she's absolutely gorgeous. Pretty impressive how she actually looks like a real woman(unlike the blowup dolls we see in most AVNs) despite of course being so oversexualized.
    The writing's really nothing to write home about but I felt it still served it's purpose. In my opinion the quality of the animations more than make up for this anyway.

Still gonna give it a 5/5 because despite the game's flaws there's a LOT of potential here. I hear the developer's sick so here's hoping he gets better, and maybe down the line manages to complete development, or even just release a couple more chapters before throwing in the towel for good, which is probably a more reasonable expectation.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Dessolos

As of now only 3 / 5 I feel it's too early on in the story to give it anymore.

This is the first game with a dark theme like this I've played and enjoyed it for what it was and the little amount of content we got..The only thing this game has going for it good renders and good animations. I really like how animations aren't just used for lewds. The story is dark and as of now not enough to have an opinion but a good start. I really like Eve's model not into milfs but one of the better looking ones ive seen in a game and has a pretty realistic body. For now just have to wait and see how the the story improves as we get more updates.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Kezza329

great story, amazing writing, niche taboo kinks, interesting and believeable characters, phenomenal ANIMATIONS. this makes you wanna keep playing over n over again. realistic looking characters with believable models, no OVER SIZED ANIME tiddies, and it makes it that much more enjoyable for it.

sad to see no new content has been delivered, and i hope this doesnt follow the greats that get stringed along with hope to eventually be left to rot. i have never given a full five star review, atleast from what i can remember. but this game deserves it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get on with delivering content for this game, or atleast give access to a discord where we can chat to you
  9. 4.00 star(s)

TheSkeptic1

This one is starting out great, with a lot of potential.

Pros:
    • Eve is a knockout. Killer body from head to toe. Love the tats and dark features.
    • Stellar visuals. I mean to go into a bit of detail here, because if you are reading this and wondering if maybe the thumbnails do/don't do it justice - they don't. Some of the best animation I've ever seen in a VN. Even when considering animators who do only that. It's so lifelike, the physics are just so well done. When a breast is pulled down by gravity, you can tell. When it's swaying because she's bent forward, it's realistically doing so. When a man's pelvis hits her ass with every thrust, you see a very natural looking bounce effect. Stretch marks are both present and subtle, and move with the animation rather than being static lines that don't flex. I could go on and on about the unique way in which this game was rendered, but it'll be immediately apparent to all who play it. I cannot overstate how much this aspect appeals, at least to me.
    • You can make your experience as Eve be such that she is forced into being a slut, or that she wants to be. Make no mistake, though: she's going to be, whether you want it or not.

Cons:
    • The dialog is rough. There are multiple issues with it, starting with it just being generally not creative of alluring. Characters are highly predictable, and have zero depth. While I'm not sure how important that's going to be to many, it's still worth noting. Expanding on the bad dialog (this is a VN, after all), it appears to suffer from rough translation and dismal grammar. If you want a story without much of a backstory that is lived vs recounted, where we see the MC get essentially thrust into forced sex from one scene to the next...you won't be disappointed.
    • While the visuals are unique and the animations/physics within them are highly impressive, there are some characters' qualities that appear a bit cartoonish.
    • I feel like Jerome's character suffers from what nearly all devs do to black characters, where they over-caricature to the point that it almost feels like I'm indulging in some light racism. I guess even in modern settings, black people still only know slang and are a monolith.
    • Lazy, lazy writing. It's just bad. We're expected to believe that
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
      . I find this problematic from a creative perspective. But that's me.

Overall, I feel like what's available to experience is so brief I can't really comment further. Despite what appears to be a lot more in the Cons section above, I have every intention of following this one as it develops, and absorbing it with joy. 3 stars for the visuals, 1 star for the genre/tags (I'm in a mood lately, and this is satiating).
  10. 5.00 star(s)

legolasistaken

this is not a game this is a fucking hollywood movie

one of the best games as fem prot. well done glad i found it

Gives the reality of life for the struggling and poor people around the most of the world.

Characters and story is really engaging with beautiful erotic scenes in it.

I gladly give 5 stars
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Rojom9913

Incredible and realistic renders and a very dark theme. Eve's body is super realistic and it's amazing to see how she is at the edge of survival and depravity. Wow. Just an amazing start and hopefully it continues.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

max27

Absolutely a fantastic game, which is remarkable, and the visual representations are truly outstanding. The facial expressions are of the highest quality, effectively communicating emotions. Despite being the work of a lone creator with a limited number of supporters, the pace of one "act" per three months is quite impressive. I'm excited to see what comes next.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

All around good game with some great use of it's kinks, the main chick in particular is nice to look at and the sex scenes downright tasty.
    The issues a star was subtracted for are, some of the men that fuck her are not only dog ugly but they're really put in the shot during the sex scenes so it's kind of hard to enjoy looking at her when the ugly dude takes up almost as much of the screen, also it's a game with multiple paths to take leading to different scenes and games like that really could use a good gallery as a quality of life feature but hopefully that will improve with time.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

CJIAI3IIC

I'm not a fan of cruelty or BDSM in sex, so I bypassed the game at first, but downloaded it ... And from a visual point of view, a superbly implemented game (not counting Akhmet, by the way, about his name ... Tigran, Narek, David would suit more) . The main character is gorgeous, face, body shape, stomach, even tattoos (which I can't stand). As for the plot, it's too early to say, but the potential is also huge. I sincerely hope that there will be no sex with everyone you meet, but there will be interesting branches - redemption / rehabilitation, complete degradation, something in between, both in a positive direction and vice versa. I want a drama with a good plot, because the visuals are already excellent.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

MikehuntHerpa

Futa tag: 0/5 - There's zero futa in here, just saying.

General game: 5/5

Holy shit. The grammar is rough at times but the story itself, the renders, the animations? WOW

Story: Very gritty and possibly offputting. Didn't know how to feel because of how real and disturbing it felt but that's also what makes it stand apart from other games.

Renders: Reading the comments and other reviews the dev seems to be using VAM for their models and it's noticeable. The main character feels very real in a very "next door neighbour" kind of way.

Animations/scenes: As mentioned above thanks to VAM the models and by extension the animations are notably better quality than other 3DCG games you might have witnessed.

Again, the game is short and there are only a few actual scenes there. But I like to give games that have real potential a higher rating even when what's currently playable isn't much.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

kat_coooper_fan

excellent animation. writing complements setting well. very professional. lots of content for initial release. uses physics for jiggle. depraved but not edgy. evokes a lot of pathos but not overly sentimental. cannot say enough good things
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Hopviq

Version Ch1a2.7
    The story is very dark (which is amazing) and the renders are really exceptional. The facial expressions are top notch and convey emotions perfectly. Currently, there's approximately one "act" per 3 months, which is really decent given that it's a one man's work and that he has only few patrons. Looking forward to seeing more.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

desolate sharidan

Intriguing game with mature and realistic themes. Best renders I have ever seen in my life gawd damn. Really looking forward to the next updates. I just personally wish there was an option for Eve to have pubic hair instead of always being cleanly shaved; she's trying to get away from that lifestyle so maybe give the players a choice when she's in the shower to shave or not
  19. 5.00 star(s)

SHADENFREUDE

Unique game. Good renders, great animations. Model is nice and thick. Story line is great. Looking forward to more chapters from this game! It was a great game and I played it on mute since I was working, lol. I'm going to have to play it again with sound for a more emmersive experience ;-)
  20. 4.00 star(s)

lordrango

Ch1

There's a lot to like about this game. It's a fair bit darker than most games, but it never goes overboard with it, feels quite realistic with the premise itself, ie. you playing a former drug addict.

It draws you in with great, realistic renders of the protagonist and what appears to be an actual story line.

Sex scenes are hot and nicely written.

A lot of potential on the whole.

The only reason I'm not giving it a 5* review is that it appears very railroaded. Choices presented at this point don't matter almost at all, you get the same content. It feel more like a kinetic novel than a CYOA story.