Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
game-title-no-version.png

Overview:
You play as a shipwrecked merchant, struggling through the rain...until you meet the Lady, see a Sword in a Stone, and things progress from there. After you become better equipped and set out to carve yourself a kingdom in a foreign land, it could be something happens in the forest...or not.
Release Date: 2021-04-08
Thread Update: 2021-04-05
Developer: Jill Gates -
Censored: No
Version: 0.99
Language: English
Other Games: -
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - -
Other:
COMPRESSED*

Extras:Multi Mod - Fan Signature

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
Thanks mrbigchungus for the share

7 (3).png 6 (2).png 5 (3).png 4 (1).png 3 (1).png 2 (1).png 1 (1).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Haven't played this one yet - but the art looks quite good.
Sword of Wonder is part of the Romancing the Kingdom Multiverse.
Her other game is linked below.

Maybe @jillgates has something to add?
Thanks and Cheers - Jill

Last edited:

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
sorry.. just copied the links from jill gates patreon... uploaded to my own mega instead...

Reactions: Twistty

M3H1

Jun 7, 2017
Ahhh, one more dev which will split his work over multiple games at same time...just wonderful...:FeelsBadMan:
Yes, but the difference is JillGates has actually finished projects ( for example.) What percent of developers here can say that?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Ahhh, one more dev which will split his work over multiple games at same time...just wonderful...:FeelsBadMan:
Seems is not a different game, is the same from the male protagonist perspective. Dev is thinking to reboot the game

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@jillgates I think UncleVT is right. Do we need to close or lock the "romancing the kingdom" thread if this one is the reboot?

hopeless

Oct 29, 2017
stay with modern themed games dude, fantasy (medieval) isn't your cup of tea.
#nohate #realtalk

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
(This review has been moved to the review section above, for this thread)

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
I'll be working on both - many of the scenes are going to be either re-worked, or re-used. I shared a more detailed post on my blog and on Patreon about what I'm working on now to ensure less confusion.

1) RtK is continuing...
2) SoW is the same (for the most part) *but* male POV and with a lot more depth, game play & mechanics. It's closer to an RPG (at least that's the intent) than RtK which is mostly visual novel / dating SIM, with little to no RPG elements (grinding for XP, random events, etc are only in SoW).

I shipped Superspy Steve and a few other games the last few years. Frankly, I became unemployed last month and while looking for a new job, I wanted to put more effort into game development.

@hopeless - I really doubt anybody would agree that SoW is worse than Superspy Steve.

In fact from everything I've read, it's my best work so far and I aim to keep it that way :)

If you got specifics on why you hold that opinion I'd love to hear them.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I'll be working on both - many of the scenes are going to be either re-worked, or re-used. I shared a more detailed post on my blog and on Patreon about what I'm working on now to ensure less confusion.

1) RtK is continuing...
2) SoW is the same (for the most part) *but* male POV and with a lot more depth, game play & mechanics. It's closer to an RPG (at least that's the intent) than RtK which is mostly visual novel / dating SIM, with little to no RPG elements (grinding for XP, random events, etc are only in SoW).

I shipped Superspy Steve and a few other games the last few years. Frankly, I became unemployed last month and while looking for a new job, I wanted to put more effort into game development.

@hopeless - I really doubt anybody would agree that SoW is worse than Superspy Steve.

In fact from everything I've read, it's my best work so far and I aim to keep it that way :)

If you got specifics on why you hold that opinion I'd love to hear them.
Thanks for stopping by and clarifying that info Jill.
Helps me, and will hopefully help others better understand the differences between the two games. :)

Reactions: Arcane666

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Bug fixed; huge thanks to everybody who played.

@Errilhl on discord was a huge help in identifying (now fixed in the version I just uploaded) the repeat dialogue; added some new variables, new text and made sure that things progress rather than repeat during the scenes.

Also thanks to @Palanto for helping with the list so I could check for a null value & then skip the error. Also, as a result, I've added a condition to make sure that the one event mentioned that never happened still pops before that sequence is finished to ensure the narrative continues.

Of course, there may be other bugs but I'm AFK most of today. Please report them and I'll patch no later than tomorrow afternoon if there are more bugs.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, but the difference is JillGates has actually finished projects ( for example.) What percent of developers here can say that?
That's completely another thing. I'm not talking about that. I didn't said that he's not going to finish them, it's just... It is hard to believe that both games can be updated once a month(which is some optimal time during which most developers update their games), so let's say - every second month for each game. Who's going to wait that long, lol? We'll forget what we played :FeelsBadMan:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Bug fixed; huge thanks to everybody who played.

@Errilhl on discord was a huge help in identifying (now fixed in the version I just uploaded) the repeat dialogue; added some new variables, new text and made sure that things progress rather than repeat during the scenes.

Also thanks to @Palanto for helping with the list so I could check for a null value & then skip the error. Also, as a result, I've added a condition to make sure that the one event mentioned that never happened still pops before that sequence is finished to ensure the narrative continues.

Of course, there may be other bugs but I'm AFK most of today. Please report them and I'll patch no later than tomorrow afternoon if there are more bugs.
You have @Palanto Games helping you?
Your lucky as he is one of the most talentet and "cleanest" coders I have seen!!!
His work on Wicked Choices - - is rather impressive.
I decrypted all the files of that game - and looked! :)

Reactions: Palanto
3.10 star(s) 7 Votes