4.10 star(s) 77 Votes

andybc

Oct 2, 2020
Whoa, easy. I'm not blaspheming, I'm just expressing my real opinion, not trying to falsely please the author in any way. In my mind, the ideal distribution of content for updates is: 50-70% content for main characters (lol, most people came for them) and 30-50% for secondary characters (so that there is some variety and progression of the main story with them, but not to shove them in all the time and more than the main characters).
It's just a preview image. He tends to not show any previews on the main scenes to not spoil it. I prefer he not spoil it as well.

4ung-4ang

Oct 14, 2018
I want to believe that the update will come out good and there will be enough content for the main characters, not like the past updates that were constantly hated. It's just that when they don't show us any good previews with the main characters, it seems that almost the whole update will be dedicated to secondary characters. And half of these characters I just hate, because they take time to work on themselves and are completely uninteresting, but they are given almost as much time as the main characters.
That perspective doesn't quite align with mine. It seems you're leaning towards a more cinematic experience rather than a game. But remember, Fujino is creating an RPGM game, not a movie or a visual novel. Having secondary characters is typical in this genre. Realistically, it's not feasible to solely focus on the main characters in every update, as other characters contribute to the entire storyline and enrich the overall flow. I'm confident that if you wait for a few updates and play the game, it won't feel like the main characters are being neglected. Try to see the bigger picture ;)

Uwukz

Oct 13, 2022
That perspective doesn't quite align with mine. It seems you're leaning towards a more cinematic experience rather than a game. But remember, Fujino is creating an RPGM game, not a movie or a visual novel. Having secondary characters is typical in this genre. Realistically, it's not feasible to solely focus on the main characters in every update, as other characters contribute to the entire storyline and enrich the overall flow. I'm confident that if you wait for a few updates and play the game, it won't feel like the main characters are being neglected. Try to see the bigger picture ;)
All right. Këko and Liz are examples of good secondary characters that directly affect the plot. I don't feel bad about the scenes and time spent on them. But why Alice (a completely non-canon character added because she won a poll, and it seems that even the author himself is not interested in her at all) and Suguha (she lost interest after the first part, because she was fucked in all her holes and nothing in her story will change except for a new guy who will fuck her) is not clear at all, and they themselves are bland and uninteresting.

4ung-4ang

Oct 14, 2018
All right. Këko and Liz are examples of good secondary characters that directly affect the plot. I don't feel bad about the scenes and time spent on them. But why Alice (a completely non-canon character added because she won a poll, and it seems that even the author himself is not interested in her at all) and Suguha (she lost interest after the first part, because she was fucked in all her holes and nothing in her story will change except for a new guy who will fuck her) is not clear at all, and they themselves are bland and uninteresting.
I see your point about Alice, but without Sugu, I would argue that the game would just be a walking sim for Kirito between Asuna scenes, which would make him basically a completely empty character and the whole story short and boring. That's not what Fujino was aiming for. It's an SAO parody, not an Asuna spin-off. Sugu is the second main girl by the devs' choice and also in the franchise, at least that should be respected without unwarranted criticism imho.

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
It is true that Asuna is the star but if he only focuses on the Asuna - Cuckito - Inoda triad it would no longer make much sense since in Fujino's works he has always been characterized with NTR everywhere, whether secondary characters or NPCs, they went through those situations. and the mc when interacting with them raised doubts, that is why those ridiculous complaints were for worse than anything else, if he ends up eliminating the suguha bad girl plot it would be a shame, that is why I always believe that an author should not allow the rest stick your nose into your work even though they feed you there are ways

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
I see your point about Alice, but without Sugu, I would argue that the game would just be a walking sim for Kirito between Asuna scenes, which would make him basically a completely empty character and the whole story short and boring. That's not what Fujino was aiming for. It's an SAO parody, not an Asuna spin-off. Sugu is the second main girl by the devs' choice and also in the franchise, at least that should be respected without unwarranted criticism imho.
Facts, my dude. As someone who came mainly for the Sugu content and barely cares about the main plot, I say we have enough of Asuna sidelining everyone in Canon, let Fujino cook...also, who the fuck is "Këko", did the guy complaining somehow completely botched Kyouko's name XD?

It is true that Asuna is the star but if he only focuses on the Asuna - Cuckito - Inoda triad it would no longer make much sense since in Fujino's works he has always been characterized with NTR everywhere, whether secondary characters or NPCs, they went through those situations. and the mc when interacting with them raised doubts, that is why those ridiculous complaints were for worse than anything else, if he ends up eliminating the suguha bad girl plot it would be a shame, that is why I always believe that an author should not allow the rest stick your nose into your work even though they feed you there are ways
Pretty much, but sadly this pretty much confirms those complains will never die. No matter what Fujino does, the moment he does an update that has content of the other girls, even if the previous one was already Asuna-centered, there will be people who think like this and get mad pointlessly. Unless Fujino does a lot of Inoda and Asuna in every single update and gives next to no screentime to the other girls, it will just keep happening, so yeah, Fujino should honestly just ignore them, but at this point we sadly know he pays them way too much attention...

kossgreg

Nov 25, 2020
Hoping that means the update is for April 29th JST time. Would mean it'll be a sunday over here.
He usually updates around the same date and time he posts progress reports you can guess from there when the update will drop(there can be exceptions tho).

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Facts, my dude. As someone who came mainly for the Sugu content and barely cares about the main plot, I say we have enough of Asuna sidelining everyone in Canon, let Fujino cook...also, who the fuck is "Këko", did the guy complaining somehow completely botched Kyouko's name XD?

Pretty much, but sadly this pretty much confirms those complains will never die. No matter what Fujino does, the moment he does an update that has content of the other girls, even if the previous one was already Asuna-centered, there will be people who think like this and get mad pointlessly. Unless Fujino does a lot of Inoda and Asuna in every single update and gives next to no screentime to the other girls, it will just keep happening, so yeah, Fujino should honestly just ignore them, but at this point we sadly know he pays them way too much attention...
No way to satisfy everyone when your audience is so big. Another price of being famous. Best he can do is please the largest percentage of his audience. But still sucks to deal with this kind of pressure.

BTW Keiko is Silica's real name.

• Sad
Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

jokerdoe1833

Feb 25, 2022
Jesus Christ
its been two months
hope fujino have a good rest

Just check. Looking into the future, every new update will be a disappointment. :illuminati:
I think this is his 1st big game development with global audience involving paid members and have many fans compared to before in FGO and Scaha game series

there are a lot of complains came from CI-EN and from this place (Dunno if fujino lurking here and read 560 pages of complains and rants in English)
most of the complains in CI-EN came from Chinese fans for sure
as I recall maybe a month ago or so? some rouge Chinese fan came to this game thread complaining with broken MTL English
with so many complains every updates maybe that's why Fujino cant keep up with pressure and need a break

we need to help him so he can manage the complains and the opinions without to much pressure
hope he can finish this game with his own vision and maybe after this we will came back to Sakura's route

pirohiro

Feb 15, 2020
With popularity comes complaints. I thought it was shocking how this game blew up. But maybe the bigger surprise is that people aren't doing what Fujino is. Using an existing franchise for eroge, why not? It is honestly puzzling how lewding waifus is so popular in fanmade doujins and art but not relatively simple rpgmaker or visual novel games.

Avoidable27

Sep 14, 2021
With popularity comes complaints. I thought it was shocking how this game blew up. But maybe the bigger surprise is that people aren't doing what Fujino is. Using an existing franchise for eroge, why not? It is honestly puzzling how lewding waifus is so popular in fanmade doujins and art but not relatively simple rpgmaker or visual novel games.
Agree with you. Just use already existed characters for games, they're already written, so you just need to create some story behind it

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
No way to satisfy everyone when your audience is so big. Another price of being famous. Best he can do is please the largest percentage of his audience. But still sucks to deal with this kind of pressure.

I know Keiko is Silica's IRL name, as I have mentioned before I'm a big SAO fan, but she's not in the game and the dude was specifically talking about characters that were part of the 'main story', which means he legit tried to say "Kyouko" but somehow ended up writing "Këko" for some reason, so I was laughing at that a bit XP

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022

If he wants to please everyone I demand some lewd hand holding between Asuna and Kirito this update or i quit!!!

4.10 star(s) 77 Votes