• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Suspicious file name

Michael181

May 5, 2020
Hi,
I want to download Grisaia no Meikyuu from uploader by the name Twistty. However in the attachments below there is a file named [VIRUS]. This got me confused, if the uploader is the one who attached the files and wanted to include a virus in one of them, why name it like that? And if the file has a virus and it wasn't created by the uploader why don't just delete it from the attachments. I don't get it at all. Please tell me if I can safely download the game and if the uploader is a trusted user. I've attached a screenshot of the problematic file.

• Haha
Reactions: Meaning Less

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If you ever find what you are think are serious issues with a post, including an OP, you should use the REPORT button and select the appropriate option. That is the appropriate and expected action. Posting in the thread (particularly such a quiet thread) or creating a new thread may not be seen either for a long time or ever.

1661548808097.png

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
A lot of those [VIRUS] tags are the result of a false positive report. Take it with a pinch of salt.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Then why not verify it and tag it as a false positive?
These files get tagged by an automated process, verifying it takes time and effort.
And it's hard in general. Like you have an exe that your Anti-Virus says is a virus. You run it and nothing bad *seems* to happen. Was it a virus? Hard to tell

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
These [VIRUS] things are usually because ONE OUT OF TWENTY SOMETHING might find it as suspicious.