Support Our Patreons [poll]

Do you think we have to help active patreons who share content in F95 ?

• Yes, but they only deserve thanks and fame

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Yes, they deserve a little donation, i want to help that

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Yes, but i prefer to donate to the site

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • No they don't do that for compensation

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No i don't care

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Hello everyone

I'm a part of the big wave around the DRM protection in Big Brother
I just saw that we all depend on the ones who can / want to pay for play (the patreons) to play free.
I thinks it's unfair, but i can't afford to pay 40$ a month to play ONLY ONE game.
So i think it could be fun / fair / nice to gather some dollars and pay back our patreons.

Bu i don't want to compromise the donation system already in place for the site.

So let's start a poll (i like polls)

I'm ready to give some dollars, even send a gift (remember the card gifts to shareware ?), or a beer, to patrons who help me to get premium content by sharing them.

If they want, i can donate theses dollar to the F95 website instead, and contribute to a greater community.

Kaparzo

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
I do think that they deserve a (small) compensation per download. If there is an easy way to do this, then I'd be willing to pay a small amount (depending on the size of the patreon pledge). If all or most downloaders pay around $1, it would be a nice appreciation for the service that the uploaders provide.

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
That's my spirit. If someone pays like 40$ dollar a month, he deserves like a gift from us, money or other things, i can like buy him a amazon gift from his wishlist (if like 5-10-15$)
That's a one time payment for me, and if he gets several of them, it make his life happier :) (i think)

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
As someone who has paid a couple of bucks myself and then shared stuff, i am happy enough with a like and thank you. If i was going for getting money back, i would have made a uploaded, k2s etc acc and went with posting on svs and the likes.

sirbajo

Donor
Aug 19, 2016
I've voted No they don't do that for compensation , reason kinda like Tarasia.

I support some on patreon because i've found them here so i don't mind sharing with you guys/girls

I always say i Demand cookies :p

Last edited:
U

User_10739

Maybe all members who patron games should patron the site instead and the site could patron games at the higher level. And the folks here are probably better informed about what is moving forward and when.

Case in point there are numerous BB $5.00 patrons in here maybe more than 10 who would generate a minimum of $50 to the pool each month. Since it takes $40 to get BB that would leave $10 to snag another game or 2... If 1 member is already doing the $40 then the game is covered and the other $50 goes elsewhere.
IMHO
I am a patron of BB and I haven't even got my game yet and I am already playing and doing custom hacks...
I would be happy to switch my allegiance from greedy devs if I can get it here first!

I'm not knocking devs time or talent but I work 70-80 hours a week and make $20k a year (take home) and you make $10-16k a month and render 2-10 new static images...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventrusoul

Oct 15, 2016
Maybe all members who patron games should patron the site instead and the site could patron games at the higher level. And the folks here are probably better informed about what is moving forward and when.

Case in point there are numerous BB $5.00 patrons in here maybe more than 10 who would generate a minimum of $50 to the pool each month. Since it takes $40 to get BB that would leave $10 to snag another game or 2... If 1 member is already doing the $40 then the game is covered and the other $50 goes elsewhere.
IMHO
I am a patron of BB and I haven't even got my game yet and I am already playing and doing custom hacks...
I would be happy to switch my allegiance from greedy devs if I can get it here first!

I'm not knocking devs time or talent but I work 70-80 hours a week and make $20k a year (take home) and you make $10-16k a month and render 2-10 new static images...
pirates pooling money together? are we robin boob now?

KMnM

Sep 9, 2016
yeah.
some game on partreon.
if you wnat play new ver ,and you must pay 5 or 10+$ per month!!
think about it.that just a RPG maker ganme .or like SLG/ADV game .if you buy a full release version game on market or steam.maybe just cost you 30$ even less!
i think it's a great idea to spend the least money on a game that requires a lot of input

KMnM

Sep 9, 2016
and same the steam green light game.
in there .a lot of game is on dev part.
maybe it's a simple idea, but it's a good idea.
and you just pay 10~20$.and you can play all version.even this game in full release in future.

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
I like the idea to pay the site who'll pay the dev, and give everyone the games :p