Mod SuperPowered: SFC

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Yomans

Dec 31, 2017
My other thought. When you install "get lucky" and "SFC" mods and running the game for the first time. the screen says, "not responding". But if I open the task manager, it is still using CPU resources and the values are moving. Are we suppose to give this time, or close it out. and open again?

I tried installing the SFC Base on unmodded version of 26.03 and it works with out issue. Tried fresh install and installing the modified version of scripts file for "Get Lucky" and installing SFC for get lucky mod. This doesnt get very far if I try to run the game. It halts, no traceback.

Then if I try installing on fresh game, with the "Get Lucky" that has all its files and then install the SFC for get lucky mod.
The game opens up after I hit the exe file the second time. First time usually ends up with blank screen and stuck. The load up screen isn't correct and once the game starts and if you hit ctrl-F1 whole shit load of errors comes up. Traceback file gets created from this. I've tried, delete, try again since 10:00 PM yesterday. Lost count how many attempts and combinations but its the same thing.
Post the traceback, log and error?

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
I test since 2 days on windows, basic game, SFC, GL, GL + SFC, everything still works well. Could not reproduce this error!
No crash no error. I posted my windows installation with the mods and it was reported to me that it worked without any problem!

I will make room on Mega and post my windows installation with GL + SFC. And I'm sure it will work well.

ShadowPerv

Sep 29, 2017
@Passion3D First, let me thank you for your patience. It has to be tough getting the same question about the same problem over and over again.

I already kinda gave up on making the 3 work (I was still trying with the 0.2 versions because I'm stubborn AF lol, and didn't get the chance to download the radioactive version before you took it down).
But I'm pretty sure I was following the instructions to the letter.

I feels like the problem might be some weird issue with windows 10 while it compiles radioactive, your mod, or both.
I can't understand how the problem would arise for us and not for you otherwise. Sadly, I don't have any other system at home that is not win 10 so I can't test that (I tried using compatibility with win 7 on the .exe, but didn't do anyting different).

I read all of posts about this issue trying to find an answer, and I just couldn't make the 3 mods work together.

Anyway, thanks again for your hard work and patience.
I'll settle for working with only 2 mods for now.

liandra

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
I have the same error as the other guys:

1. unzip 0.26.03
2. running game works fine
3. unzip Get Lucky to /game
4. running game works fine
5. unzip SFC to /game
6. Running the game gives the error that ends up in errors.txt :
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_positive_align_school is defined twice, at
  File "content/content_school_positive.rpyc", line 21 and
  File "game/locations/loc_school.rpyc", line 416.

The label _call_pos_align_kelly2 is defined twice, at
  File "content/content_school_positive.rpyc", line 30 and
  File "game/locations/loc_school.rpyc", line 419.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Wed Jul 11 23:05:13 2018
7. log.txt is attached.

Yomans

Dec 31, 2017
@Passion3D First, let me thank you for your patience. It has to be tough getting the same question about the same problem over and over again.

I already kinda gave up on making the 3 work (I was still trying with the 0.2 versions because I'm stubborn AF lol, and didn't get the chance to download the radioactive version before you took it down).

I feels like the problem might be some weird issue with windows 10 while it compiles radioactive, your mod, or both.
I can't understand how the problem would arise for us and not for you otherwise. Sadly, I don't have any other system at home that is not win 10 so I can't test that (I tried using compatibility with win 7 on the .exe, but didn't do anyting different).

I read all of posts about this issue trying to find an answer, and I just couldn't make the 3 mods work together.

I'm also using Win10 and using 7zip to extract. Hope it helps

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017

Thank you @ShadowPerv
If you want to test, I can give you the mod SFC_0.3.2_Radioactive.
I test everything on all three systems before uploading:
- Mac OSX 10.13
- Linux Mint 17
- Windows 7

At home everything works without problem on the three systems:
- BaseGame
- BaseGame + SFC
- BaseGame + GL + SFC
- BaseGame + GL + RA + SFC

So either it is an error in the installation, a problem Windows 10 (for which I can not do anything).

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017

1. unzip 0.26.03
5. unzip SFC to /game
Code:

7. log.txt is attached.
Verify you have the right version of GetLucky for 0.26.03

ShadowPerv

Sep 29, 2017

1. unzip 0.26.03
5. unzip SFC to /game
Code:

7. log.txt is attached.
@Passion3D So, I got this exact same error (line by line) trying out the 26.03 game versions and mods from Get Lucky and SFC only.
But when I did the same thing on 26.02 with Get Lucky and SFC mods .02 versions, it worked correctly.
Both times I did clean install with the respective versions.

So, I'm not sure where the problem came from, but it is definitely on the .03 version of the game/mods.

I'll keep trying out some things and see if I can work around it later.

Slagwag

Oct 25, 2017
Hey thanks for keeping updated i can also say i get this

Thu Jul 12 00:42:05 2018

When Clean install With get lucky and Sfc - Windows 10

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Well,someone knows the commands for the base mod on linux?i'm trying to use search to find any comment related but it aint working on my windows phone...

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
T.Geiger needs to fix it and make an archive to decompress in the "game/" directory.
Let me be very clear. I do not care if you support my mod or not. That is your decision alone to make.

However, a patch distribution (which is what these mods really are) should always target the base directory. The reason for this is simple: It may become necessary at a later date to target additional directories. For example, maybe a file under the Renpy directory will need to be changed. Or Baal could decide to add additional asset directories to config.searchpath . (I could list additional examples...)

I say this coming from a background in software development. Note that Baal's hotfixes also target the base directory.

This is as far as I will intrude into your thread. I am only making this clarification because you called me out.

Yomans

Dec 31, 2017
Update:

I got everything to work, even GetLucky + Radioactive + SFC

If you are going for GetLucky + SFC, skip steps 3-5, step 6 is the important one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Win 10 checks both rpy and rpyc files apparently, its not supposed to check the rpy files.

liandra

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
Update:

I got everything to work, even GetLucky + Radioactive + SFC

If you are going for GetLucky + SFC, skip steps 3-5, step 6 is the important one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Win 10 checks both rpy and rpyc files apparently, its not supposed to check the rpy files.
I wanted to try your fix, but there are no .rpy files under game/** in 0.26.03, if you have any at step 6 it is because of that Radioctive mod and I'm not using that. The problem is still the same, maybe you need Radioactive for SFC to work? I will try that and come back.

Edit; Now I tried step 1-8, but had to skip step 9 as it's still the same error.

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hey thanks for keeping updated i can also say i get this

Thu Jul 12 00:42:05 2018

When Clean install With get lucky and Sfc - Windows 10
windows 8.1 here with same error.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes