Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Bugfix release.

0.31.03-RA2 (2019.01.04)
  • Corrected bad data for Tamara Hallway scene.

Additionally, the Tracking Scenes & Variants screen should no longer crash the game if something goes wrong. An error will be displayed instead. If you see this error, please post a screenshot.

File "game/radioactive/screen/TrackingScene.rpy", line 27, in <module> $ CharVar = set([CharScene[k]["cat"][2] for k in CharScene.keys() if RaTrack.NewTracking[k] and CharScene[k]["cat"][1] == aScene]) IndexError: list index out of range
Hallway variants were missing their variant types.

Getting this when i click Hint for Tamara when it shows 5/6
This is the same error as above. Not sure how you got it by clicking Hint since it would be on a different screen.

Is it possible to review an already unlocked scene in the tracking menu?
No. This is a feature I have considered adding. But if it were ever added, it wouldn't be soon. It will take quite some time just to finish the existing plans for the tracking system. The ambivalence over whether there will be a semi-official replay mod also needs to be taken into account.

Reactions: gestved and khumak

OldImmature

Aug 14, 2018
I'm having a problem running the mod, I've followed the instructions, and I've started the app several times, and I continue to get the attached errors.

I'm on a Mac, and the version I'm using is v0.31.03

O.I.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I'm having a problem running the mod, I've followed the instructions, and I've started the app several times, and I continue to get the attached errors.

I'm on a Mac, and the version I'm using is v0.31.03
Those errors are usually resolved by running the program more than once. You might want to make sure the program has permission to create and overwrite files in its path. Also check if there are any .rpyc files in the game folder.

If it isn't a security rights issue, you can try opening game/options.rpy in a text editor. Search for config.developer. Change its True value to False. This might stop you from receiving a message about the error. But the continuous error suggests the program isn't even compiling correctly, so I don't really expect the mod will work after that.

Can anyone confirm Radioactive works on a Mac?

darcono

Oct 20, 2018
Those errors are usually resolved by running the program more than once. You might want to make sure the program has permission to create and overwrite files in its path. Also check if there are any .rpyc files in the game folder.

If it isn't a security rights issue, you can try opening game/options.rpy in a text editor. Search for config.developer. Change its True value to False. This might stop you from receiving a message about the error. But the continuous error suggests the program isn't even compiling correctly, so I don't really expect the mod will work after that.

Can anyone confirm Radioactive works on a Mac?
Before trying your fix (the config.developer change), I had either the exact same problem as OldImmature or a different one where the script would be unable to locate the content_storyline module despite multiple files labeled as such in the game folder depending on how I shuffled the script files - the errors.txt and traceback.txt are attached below. After the change, I could load the main menu, but not actually load a proper game beyond that as it would immediately crash when attempting to load game data. (Yes, I tried this multiple times.) I've attached the traceback.txt for that last. Is there anything you can do about it?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
After the change, I could load the main menu, but not actually load a proper game beyond that as it would immediately crash when attempting to load game data.
Your errors.txt file is leftover from a previous run.

The actual problem is that it cannot find the file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'game/radioactive/RaTracking.json'
which contains all the scene data for tracking.

First, check that the file exists. If not, the solution should be obvious.

My first instinct is that the file handling works differently on the Mac than the other platforms. However, by this point, the game should have already loaded the MD5 file from the same directory. There is a difference in the way the two files are located though. The MD5 file uses a more windows-type directory notation, with "\\" to denote a folder. The Tracking file uses "/" which is more linux-like. Of the two, I would have expected Mac to be happier with the linux notation, but we can try it the other way.

Open game/radioactive/RaTracking.rpy in a text editor. The third line should have the tracking file path above. Change the line to RaTracking = jsonread("game\\radioactive\\RaTracking.json") , or just change the "/" to "\\". Make sure it still has the same indent as the lines below it.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'game/radioactive/RaTracking.json'

My first instinct is that the file handling works differently on the Mac than the other platforms. However, by this point, the game should have already loaded the MD5 file from the same directory. There is a difference in the way the two files are located though. The MD5 file uses a more windows-type directory notation, with "\\" to denote a folder. The Tracking file uses "/" which is more linux-like. Of the two, I would have expected Mac to be happier with the linux notation, but we can try it the other way.

Open game/radioactive/RaTracking.rpy in a text editor. The third line should have the tracking file path above. Change the line to RaTracking = jsonread("game\\radioactive\\RaTracking.json") , or just change the "/" to "\\". Make sure it still has the same indent as the lines below it.
Having the same issue here. Problem seems to be that on the mac, the python working directory is set to '\' for some reason. Able to get it to load if I use an absolute address to load the file, but that obviously isn't ideal.

nob

Jun 19, 2017
Hi Geiger,
I really appreciate your work, but must report another error.
I get no hints in the tracking menu. See attached screenshot.
I also attached a saved game.
I only get a "hint" with Tamara who is last in my phone list.
Any idea what went wrong?

noRestForTheWicked

Jan 28, 2018

Ok so the issue is with using the relative path as opposed to the absolute one, not with the notation, fixed it for me.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Hi Geiger,
I really appreciate your work, but must report another error.
I only get a "hint" with Tamara who is last in my phone list.
Any idea what went wrong?
I had that error when I loaded a game that wasn't started with RA. Starting a new game fixed it.

darcono

Oct 20, 2018

Works for me, I just had to start a new game file to load it properly. Thanks!

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Bugfix release.

0.31.03-RA4 (2019.01.07)
  • Developer mode now late-enabled. Take 2.
0.31.03-RA3 (2019.01.07)
  • Developer mode now late-enabled. Should make for fewer startup errors (less likely to need to start the program twice on a fresh install).
  • Hint system now uses RenPy's random library instead of Python's.
  • Tracking data file uses Windows-style directory notation. Displays slightly more helpful error message if file not found.

The exception error message when loading tracking data will now display the current working directory. Mac users may still have to change the path to absolute to make it work. Before you do though, please run this version and report the CWD (screenshot or traceback.txt). Also, if you change the path to absolute, check the mod status in the Load/Save screen. Is it green? Still trying to figure out why the MD5 stuff would work, but it can't find this file.

(Edit) The status won't be green since a file has been edited. But it will have a different error message if the checksum failed or if no checksum could be performed because it couldn't find the checksum file.

Thank you for the save file. It was instructive as to the weirdness of the bug, even if it didn't point to a solution. I ultimately decided to punt on this one, stopped trying to use Python's library here. I may revisit this problem at a later date.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Is it possible RA messes with the quests? Started a new game and as soon as I bought enhanced senses level 2 I finished the "get a bigger weapon" quest. If I remember correctly it's only to trigger when I buy a new power, not when just upgrading. Also got me the bonus points for heighten my resistance even though I hadn't visited the initiative yet but only got a letter of recommendation from Lawson.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Bugfix release.

The original release did not have an updated MD5 file, so the checksum in the save screen will always fail. The OP has been updated with the correct file. It is only necessary to download again if you want to confirm your installation is correct.

0.31.03-RA5 (2019.01.08)
  • "New Power" quest logic has been fixed. Changes made for Flaw Suppression made it so a power upgrade also satisfied this condition.

Is it possible RA messes with the quests? Started a new game and as soon as I bought enhanced senses level 2 I finished the "get a bigger weapon" quest. If I remember correctly it's only to trigger when I buy a new power, not when just upgrading. Also got me the bonus points for heighten my resistance even though I hadn't visited the initiative yet but only got a letter of recommendation from Lawson.
Yes, it was incorrectly finishing the "new power" quest. I was trying to keep Flaw Suppression from triggering it, but didn't get the logic quite right.

I was unable to reproduce the behavior for the other one when receiving the letter for getting grades up. Were you talking about an influence letter? The only time Radioactive modifies resistance is for flaw suppression injections. It is a multiple of the current value though, so 0 will still be 0. Check player.resistance and respurchase values.

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm running into some quest issues that I'm not sure whether it's the base game or Get Lucky/Radioactive causing issues. Some of the quests seem to get broken when you have more than 1 quest for one of the school girls triggered at the same time.

As an example I was doing a playthrough where I had good alignment. I met Kelly in the hallway and she gave me her usual quest to catch the creep who's after her. I got part way through that quest, finding the guy's locker, and finding him spying on her at lunch. I also got the late night phone call from her where they decided he would walk her home after school.

Somewhere in the middle of that I did a tutoring session to maintain my grades (I normally just study on the weekend for that but I was trying something different). When I did the tutoring session, the game seems to jump into a quest for Sandra which I don't have involving hacking. I don't know how that quest works since I've never done it before. In any case there are a few other scenes for that quest that worked but now both Kelly's quest and Sandra's quest seem broken.

I think something similar might have happened with NCHDL. I got the usual quest to catch the thief that hangs out around the cars and picked Tamara to help me. I ended up working on something else for most of the week so I didn't actually catch the thief that week. I hung out around the cars with Tamara but only once. Next week when NCHDL meets, it gives me a new quest to catch whoever is stealing phones/etc with Sandra and Sis barging in and demanding action. At this point it has me pick someone to help on that quest and Derek says something about wanting to help but he's not selectable. So I picked Freddy.

After that, both Freddy and Derek come home with billy a couple of times to play video games and then NCHDL seems to be entirely broken. All further meetings end with all 3 of them standing in front of Billy and then the meeting just ends with no further quests. I can still take tamara shopping and those scenes work but she never helps with the original quest I picked her for and none of them ever come over to Billy's house anymore.

I decided to try starting over again and be careful to complete each quest I get ASAP before another one can be triggered to see if that helps but I thought I'd report it here in case it's a mod issue. I'm planning on updating my walkthrough to take the new combat system into account so for this playthrough I don't have Get Lucky or the morality options active, just the default Radioactive features.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
When I did the tutoring session, the game seems to jump into a quest for Sandra which I don't have involving hacking.
That's how her quest starts. As for the rest of it, I would have to see your data.

It is unlikely that Radioactive is causing the problem here. There are very few changes (morality, core suppression), and they are of a nature that will probably either work or fail, not "sometimes work".

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Bugfix release.

0.31.03-RA5 (2019.01.08)
  • "New Power" quest logic has been fixed. Changes made for Flaw Suppression made it so a power upgrade also satisfied this condition.

Yes, it was incorrectly finishing the "new power" quest. I was trying to keep Flaw Suppression from triggering it, but didn't get the logic quite right.

I was unable to reproduce the behavior for the other one when receiving the letter for getting grades up. Were you talking about an influence letter? The only time Radioactive modifies resistance is for flaw suppression injections. It is a multiple of the current value though, so 0 will still be 0. Check player.resistance and respurchase values.
First issue is fixed now.
You finish "Viva la resistance" quest as soon as you get a letter of recommendation by investing 100 school influence points for 50 initiative points. Saved right before I talked with Larson.

I'm running into some quest issues that I'm not sure whether it's the base game or Get Lucky/Radioactive causing issues. Some of the quests seem to get broken when you have more than 1 quest for one of the school girls triggered at the same time.

As an example I was doing a playthrough where I had good alignment. I met Kelly in the hallway and she gave me her usual quest to catch the creep who's after her. I got part way through that quest, finding the guy's locker, and finding him spying on her at lunch. I also got the late night phone call from her where they decided he would walk her home after school.

Somewhere in the middle of that I did a tutoring session to maintain my grades (I normally just study on the weekend for that but I was trying something different). When I did the tutoring session, the game seems to jump into a quest for Sandra which I don't have involving hacking. I don't know how that quest works since I've never done it before. In any case there are a few other scenes for that quest that worked but now both Kelly's quest and Sandra's quest seem broken.

I think something similar might have happened with NCHDL. I got the usual quest to catch the thief that hangs out around the cars and picked Tamara to help me. I ended up working on something else for most of the week so I didn't actually catch the thief that week. I hung out around the cars with Tamara but only once. Next week when NCHDL meets, it gives me a new quest to catch whoever is stealing phones/etc with Sandra and Sis barging in and demanding action. At this point it has me pick someone to help on that quest and Derek says something about wanting to help but he's not selectable. So I picked Freddy.

After that, both Freddy and Derek come home with billy a couple of times to play video games and then NCHDL seems to be entirely broken. All further meetings end with all 3 of them standing in front of Billy and then the meeting just ends with no further quests. I can still take tamara shopping and those scenes work but she never helps with the original quest I picked her for and none of them ever come over to Billy's house anymore.

I decided to try starting over again and be careful to complete each quest I get ASAP before another one can be triggered to see if that helps but I thought I'd report it here in case it's a mod issue. I'm planning on updating my walkthrough to take the new combat system into account so for this playthrough I don't have Get Lucky or the morality options active, just the default Radioactive features.
Sandra's quest triggers at the same conditions as Kelly's quest so that may very well be a bug in the main game.

Reactions: khumak
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes