Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

stinkloch

Jun 18, 2017
I installed the game with the mods as described and startet a new game. Unfortunately only the first three stats (Vitality, Willpower and Favor) appear on the mobile page for each girl with cheats on. There's no way to change love, fear etc.
Has somebody an idea what's wrong?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Unfortunately only the first three stats (Vitality, Willpower and Favor) appear on the mobile page for each girl with cheats on.
The cheats (which are from GetLucky) only allow editing of displayed stats. To see all stats, you will need to increase Enhanced Senses to level 3.

Bsand5518

Oct 9, 2017
I know that this was released before the 28.06 patch, but if it didn't change much, and only fixed some things wrong with 28.05, would the 28.05 version of RA and GL still work with 28.06, or would you have to make another version?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Updated for SuperPowered 0.28.06!

You'll need to use the SRC release from GetLucky until it is updated to 0.28.06.

(This release includes the one additional file from GetLucky that would need to be updated from 0.28.05. Still need GetLucky 0.28.05 as a baseline though.)

I know that this was released before the 28.06 patch, but if it didn't change much, and only fixed some things wrong with 28.05, would the 28.05 version of RA and GL still work with 28.06, or would you have to make another version?
There is a vague outside chance, but it is much more likely that it will cause additional problems. As a general rule, don't apply older Radioactive patches to newer SuperPowered releases.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Updated for SuperPowered 0.28.06!

You'll need to use the SRC release from GetLucky until it is updated to 0.28.06.

(Radioactive only needed one additional file from GetLucky for this update, so it is included.)

There is a vague outside chance, but it is much more likely that it will cause additional problems. As a general rule, don't apply older Radioactive patches to newer SuperPowered releases.
Probably a dumb question but I'm a little confused. Are you saying we don't need SLDR-0.28.05-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip because it is included in your file?
Or do you want us to apply SuperPowered-GL-Radioactive.0.28.06-RA1.7z on top of SLDR-0.28.05-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip? If so, how to install SLDR-0.28.05-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Or do you want us to apply SuperPowered-GL-Radioactive.0.28.06-RA1.7z on top of SLDR-0.28.05-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip?
This. The installation instructions in the OP are a little more explicit about this.

If so, how to install SLDR-0.28.05-GETLUCKY-SRC.zip?
Check the GetLucky thread, but I'm pretty sure its the same way you install the non-SRC version.

(Honestly, if you're using Radioactive, there's no reason to download the much larger non-SRC version. It won't provide the benefit of drop-in replacement since Radioactive is distributed as source files.)

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Having to swap crosswires and then auras for everyone you meet each day is tedious. I know this would be a lot of work, but could you make it so all crosswires and auras can be active at the same time? Better yet, if the person has Psychotic Break make the crosswire permanent. It would be a pretty big QoL change, especially for Psychoism only runs.
So what is the proper balance for this increase in capability? I had been thinking a Control drain, but that wouldn't work for only purchasing Psychosism.

D

Deleted member 7072

So what is the proper balance for this increase in capability?
Hmm. Simultaneous auras don't need balance, as you can do it manually, just reduces tedium.

Dual crosswires could be balanced by increasing the cost to add the second crosswire to 150% or 200% base energy cost.

Permanent crosswires with Psychotic Break would require something more extreme, maybe once someone has been affected by Psychotic Break, the energy cost to Crosswire them increases to 100 energy? That would restrict you to a single permanent crosswire a day, and only the most dedicated fear farming could allow you to do it more than once. If 100 energy is too expensive, perhaps just the base cost of Crosswire + the cost of Psychotic Break. That would be 10? + 50 if I recall correctly, and with the 200% base cost for the second crosswire, it would cost 20 + 50 energy.

If an increase in energy cost doesn't feel right, or if you are worried about fear farming making those increased costs irrelevant, then maybe passive Suspicion gain would be more fitting? You can't see suspicion until you get Psychoism in the first place, and it is something significant to contend with. Maybe a dual crosswire increases suspicion by 5 on application, and each permanent crosswire applied increases suspicion by 2.5 every morning for that person? Even such a low amount might get too hard to deal with if you do it to a ton of people. Suspicion increases also make thematic sense. If someone entirely disabled your ability to feel fear or anger, you might not notice if it only happened occasionally. Permanently though? You would 100% notice after a week.

What do you think of those balance suggestions?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Simultaneous auras don't need balance, as you can do it manually, just reduces tedium.
Activating an aura doesn't have an immediate effect. So Billy is gaining the benefit of multiple Auras in a single encounter. (Technically, this effect can still be gamed by jumping to a different screen and returning. But I suspect if it were meant to act that way normally, Baal would just call aura_check after activation.)

I am thinking that maintaining multiple Auras would be mentally taxing, and should incur a 1 energy and 1 willpower cost for each additional aura and encounter. So a potential 26 cost per day (12 girls + Danni).

Dual crosswires could be balanced by increasing the cost to add the second crosswire to 150% or 200% base energy cost.
Given their energy cost of 30, I don't think double activation needs to incur greater energy cost. Energy 60 is already a pretty sizable investment for a single character given it will normally wear off at the end of the day anyway.

(Activating) Permanent crosswires with Psychotic Break
I don't think activation behavior should change due to the character's status. And lore-wise, I think a severely injured mind being unable to heal a crosswire is sufficient. My concern is with not needing to pay activation costs the first encounter of each day.

You can't see suspicion until you get Psychoism in the first place
Wow, thanks for mentioning that. "Back" hover display has been wrong all along. I'll need to re-engineer that.

Maybe a dual crosswire increases suspicion by 5 on application, and each permanent crosswire applied increases suspicion by 2.5 every morning for that person? Even such a low amount might get too hard to deal with if you do it to a ton of people.
This might be a good starting point. But it doesn't really cost Billy anything (except potential active maintenance) and the suspicion gain would be wiped out by Apathy Aura encounters.

Maybe triggering a crosswire carries a chance to raise suspicion. But what probability, how much suspicion? Should it amp up with the crosswire when a charcter gains a lot of fear/anger?

As for permanency, I am thinking 5 suspicion a day, with a chance to gain 5 more (ceiling((1d6-1)/1d5)). This would require Billy to hit a girl with Nightmares on occasion. And if I add the ability to toggle crosswires on or off, that would allow Billy to put a girl on "cooldown" for awhile if things are getting risky. The only real problem is weekend management for the school-only girls.

Reactions: Deleted member 7072

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Multi-fication of Psychosism complete. Just need to figure out the balance. (The two on the left don't make sense to be multi'ed and have status indicators, the two on the right are instant effects.)

And anyone is welcome to participate in the MultiPSY discussion.

MultiPSY.png

Reactions: Deleted member 7072

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
The Allie, and Denise file in the game/char folder seem to conflict with the base files, causing the game not to be able to load

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
The Allie, and Denise file in the game/char folder seem to conflict with the base files, causing the game not to be able to load
Not seeing any problems on this end and nothing in Allie or Denise's file that would cause conflicts. Can you attach your traceback.txt file please?

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
was unable to find traceback.txt. However i did find the error.txt, and have included that... I hope it is of some help.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Have you ran it twice? (See the last installation instruction in OP.)
Ahhhhhhhhh, that is where I messed up:teary:. I have used the mod before (prior to V22 i think), and just assumed that it would be installed like before. I just restarted it, and it came right up. Thank you for your assistance, and thank you for your Mod.

Note: Normally, when I get a failure/error, I delete the game, and reinstall everything one at a time to locate the "problem mod". Since I kept doing this, I never "double started" the game.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Wanted to get the new scene with mom and sis but the problem is mom always triggers the brainwashed cleaning scene even if I reset her personality with mindcraft. Also get lots of error messages with the obsessive scenes.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
the problem is mom always triggers the brainwashed cleaning scene even if I reset her personality with mindcraft.
It checks for Brainwipe being on. (Base game.)

Also get lots of error messages with the obsessive scenes.
I've got the problem fixed. ("Hey! Let's put a lot of local variables in a rarely called function! That ought to be easy to debug!") Too tired to make a release tonight. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try fixing it yourself.

In file game\locations\loc_yourroom.rpy search for the line that has get_obsessive_scene_level in it. Replace the entire line with
$ RaChar[selected_char.ikey].Track("Obsessive", RaChar[selected_char.ikey].get_obsessive_scene_level)

Make sure it is indented with four spaces (same as the lines around it).

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
It checks for Brainwipe being on. (Base game.)
The only thing I didn't try :FeelsBadMan:

I've got the problem fixed. ("Hey! Let's put a lot of local variables in a rarely called function! That ought to be easy to debug!") Too tired to make a release tonight. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try fixing it yourself.

In file game\locations\loc_yourroom.rpy search for the line that has get_obsessive_scene_level in it. Replace the entire line with
$ RaChar[selected_char.ikey].Track("Obsessive", RaChar[selected_char.ikey].get_obsessive_scene_level)

Make sure it is indented with four spaces (same as the lines around it).
Worked.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes